Profile for Andythree > Reviews

Content by Andythree

Andythree

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
LOHAS® G9 LED Bulb 5W,400lm,Warm White,40w Replacement,Non Dimmable,360°Beam Angle,230V AC - Pack of 5

5.0 out of 5 stars A LED G9 bulb that appears to be worth using!, 13 Mar. 2016
Very impressed so far, fitted nicely (unlike previous LED G9's I've tried that wobbled) and are nice and bright. Will update if longevity proves an issue.

TeckNet 2.5 inch USB 3.0 Hard Drive Disk HDD External Enclosure / Case for 9.5mm 7mm 2.5" SATA HDD and SSD, Tool-free HDD Installation
Offered by Innovation Goal UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast and easy to set up / fit hard drive, 12 Nov. 2013
The enclosure seems to be well built, it was easy to install the hard drive I had (smaller lap top drive) and seems to be very fast now I have started using it. Only comment is that the non standard USB connection would probably be difficult to replace if it ever broke / got damaged.
Very pleased with a very competitively priced product.

TECHGEAR® 5 Pack of Clear LCD Screen Protector Guards For The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini i8190 with cleaning cloth
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disapointed, 21 May 2013
I've used the first one in the pack, it fits really well and the phone still works fine which is the main thing! my only gripe is that the edges don't seem to stick down properly so I am not sure how long it will last - it also means you can see that there is a screen protector on the phone. This may be common to all screen protectors, as this is the first one I've used I'm not in a position to comment.
As for bubbles forming... not an issue. Went on first time.

G9 SMD LED Light Bulb 2.5Watt WARM WHITE Technology Ceramic LED replacement for 40w G9 halogen Energy Saving G9
Offered by Strictly Lamps

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives a good bright white light...., 21 May 2013
.... which is significantly whiter than the halogens that most light fittings come with. As the design suggests it is lit at the end so looks a little different in the lamp than the standard halogens as well. These are not big issues but probably mean you would not want to mix LED - halogen bulbs.
The reason I bought this unit was due to it's small size and it fits in my unit which has fairly small glass shades (I measured them and thought I had 19-20mm space - these fit!)
They are not quite as bright as the 40w halogens but for the hall (where I am using them) they are ideal, they will be on for long periods and using about 5% of the energy is a definite must.
I intend to live with them for a while before deciding if they would do for the main rooms.

Kit Twin Universal UK Mains Travel Charger Adapter Plug with USB Connection for Smartphone, Mobile and Tablet Devices - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 USB charger, 21 May 2013
Been using this for 3 weeks or so now, working fine and does exactly what it said it would. If it blows up (see other reviews of similar products) I'll let you all know!

Sept 2013
Plug is now completely dead, does not charge anything anymore. Note sure why, one morning I unplugged my phone to find it was nearly dead, turns out the charger was!
downgraded from 5 to 1 star.

LUJII WiFi Real Time Transmission 2.4GHz 4 Channel Helicopter Quadcopter with 2pcs Batteries

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little toy, 21 May 2013
This is my second helicopter and first Chinook. This is much more stable than my standard helicopter model and much easier to fly. The fact that it comes with a USB cable charger rather than having to run it off AA batteries in the controller is the icing on the cake as the old one used to eat batteries.
The reason for 4 stars not 5......
The one I purchased came with no UK instructions so you are left a little in the dark regarding charging and controlling it, a minor gripe possibly but it would be an easy fix if they had a mind to. My discoveries so far are:
1- The helicopter needs to be switched OFF to charge up
2- The illuminated USB charge lead indicates when it is ready
3- you'll need to use a port in a computer or a phone charger as it does not come with a plug (although for some reason the shipper supplied me with a UK to 2-pin adapter..... still not sure why)
4- the controller lets you trim the rotation and forward and back balance - the second was a bit of a revelation once I found it and makes it much easier to control (there are buttons on the 'top' of the controller marked B & F)

Enjoy!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2013 1:54 PM GMT

Philips Shaver Head RQ10/50 - Arcitec
Philips Shaver Head RQ10/50 - Arcitec

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the one that came with my razor 2 years ago..., 30 Dec. 2012
.. not sure what else to say, been using it for over a month now and very happy, I'll update this if it fails to perform in the longer term.

Motorola Xoom 2 10.1 inch 16GB Android Tablet (Wi-Fi Version)
Motorola Xoom 2 10.1 inch 16GB Android Tablet (Wi-Fi Version)

4.0 out of 5 stars What is it good for......, 2 Sept. 2012
We've had our Xoom 2 for 8 months now and there have been highs and lows.
The tablet it's self is excellent, build quality is great, the image is lovely and the glass is holding up well. We have a toddler and after 8 months of being of use by him and my wife there are no marks on it at all, splash proof it has proved to be!
The Motocast software is not quite as good as expected, it will link to both my desktop and laptop with out any problems, stream audio and video and access just about any document you'd care to mention. The floor comes when you try to edit files (excel and word for example) as there is no functionality for passing them back to the computer once you are finished, this means you either have to be very disciplined, e-mailing it back to yourself or plugging it in via the USB and updating the original manually..... or not use it at all for this sort of thing - which is what has happened in our household. Also trying to edit an excel document on the tablet is nigh on impossible unless you are just entering a couple of No. This is a shame but I'm not convinced any other tablet would do it any better.
Surfing the Web is easy and most web sites load well. E-bay causes it issues, parts of the site go blank randomly, you can use the App instead but it is not as user friendly as the full website. BBC Iplayer works well and as of last month will play in full screen - most of the time anyway! Other kids channels will play but if you go to full screen the picture freezes and you just get the sound (+ an upset toddler!)
I'm hoping that the upgrade to ICS will fix some/all of these bugs but it is not out yet and seems to be taking an age.
As an entertainment devise it is lovely, easy to stream to and plenty of memory providing you are a little pro-active in managing your files.
As a way to keep a youngster happy on a long journey it has proved to be a godsend (3 hours with the engine off on the M3 at Easter due to an overturned lorry would have been a complete nightmare had it not been for the Xoom 2 with a head rest bracket!!!)
We've even used it to remote control the upstairs desktop.
For e-mails it is great
For viewing documents it is ok.
For editing them it is a wast of time - there may be better software out there but I've not found it to date.

I don't know how it compares with an IPad or similar, most of the limitations I've highlighted probably apply to all tablets. If you loath I Tunes and are a Android user then I'd definitely recommend it, but you need to know what you want to use it for........

Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens
Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens
Offered by Koester retail

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh so happy I got this lens, 2 Sept. 2012
This is a really lovely lens, focusses quickly and takes very clear sharp shots. The shallow depth of field is excellent for taking portraits of our little one and not having to use the flash inside has made a world of difference to my shots (My zoom lenses are, at best, F3.5, the extra light though a F1.8 lens makes a massive difference). My only slight issue is that because the censor on my (and most mid range SLR's) is smaller than the old 35mm film the lens actually acts more like a 65mm lens than a 50mm. This means that in smaller rooms it is tricky to get far enough away to compose the shot.

That said there is very little else out there at anything like this price and my main gripe is that I did not make the decision to buy one 4 years ago!!!

If you are even half keen about your photography and are taking shots of friends/family on a regular basis then you should definitely give a fast lens a go.

Hoya 52 mm HMC Haze UV Screw-in Filter
Hoya 52 mm HMC Haze UV Screw-in Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars UV Filter, 2 Sept. 2012
Purchased this filter to protect my new Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens, it is well built and seems to do exactly what it said it would.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3