Profile for justvisitin' > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Slow Down
Slow Down

5.0 out of 5 stars Taken too soon, 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Slow Down (Audio CD)
Isaac Guillory was quite simply one of the greatest guitarists who ever lived, and his untimely death is still mourned by his fans. Slow Down is Guillory at his shining best. Buy it.

Fame: Season 1 [DVD] [1982]
Fame: Season 1 [DVD] [1982]
Dvd ~ Debbie Allen
Offered by rsdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fame - it's gonna live forever!, 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Fame: Season 1 [DVD] [1982] (DVD)
An early present to myself when my husband and I parted company, these DVDs had me bopping round the living room and singing at the top of my voice. Haven't watched them for a while now, and am going to go downstairs when I finish this review and start at the beginning....I still believe in all of my dreams. I still believe in me.

Paris (Cadogan Guides)
Paris (Cadogan Guides)
by Dana Facaros

5.0 out of 5 stars Cadogan guides - a cut above, 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Paris (Cadogan Guides) (Paperback)
Not as lavishly illustrated as many more 'modern' guides, but the quality of the writing more than makes up for that.

Whitaker's Almanack 2012
Whitaker's Almanack 2012
by Whitaker's

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you ever wanted to know about anything that matters (well, almost), 24 Feb. 2013
Who needs Google? Here you can find fascinating facts about all sorts of things, and you don't even need electricity (provided you 'view' it in daylight - or use a candle). The index is a joy, as you wander from subject to subject, and the countries of the world section always fascinates me...bought as a Christmas present for my father, dipped into by both of us throughout the holiday!

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Berlin
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Berlin
by Malgorzata Omilanowska

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, comprehensive, easy to use, 24 Feb. 2013
Eyewitness guides are always good, and this one was great. I found it very comprehensive, easy to find my way around and a pleasure to use. From planning the trip to reminiscing about it afterwards it was exactly the right choice.

Mozart Requiem Vocal Score (New Novello Choral Edition)
Mozart Requiem Vocal Score (New Novello Choral Edition)
by Mozart

5.0 out of 5 stars Surely one of the best requiems ever written, 24 Feb. 2013
I love singing this work, so when our choral society chose to perform it I wanted to own my own score. This is a lovely clear edition and very easy to sing from.

Karl Jenkins: The Armed Man - A Mass For Peace
Karl Jenkins: The Armed Man - A Mass For Peace

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving, chilling, inspiring, 24 Feb. 2013
Some of the movements in this work reduce me to tears, no matter how often I hear it. The poem about HIroshima, where the animals are described as ending their lives as living torches is particularly wrenching - animals don't make war on each other, and yet throughout history they have suffered in our wars. But the work ends on a note of hope, and I always go away from it feeling uplifted rather than downcast. Good stuff.

Chilcott: Requiem (Hyperion: CDA67650)
Chilcott: Requiem (Hyperion: CDA67650)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music, beautifully performed, 24 Feb. 2013
This is sensitive, moving, beautiful music in a wonderful performance by the choir of Wells Cathedral. Very easy to listen to, and very lovely.

Manu Chao  - Babylonia en Guagua  [DVD]
Manu Chao - Babylonia en Guagua [DVD]
Dvd ~ Manu Chao
Offered by momox co uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me dance, 24 Feb. 2013
Nuff said. But I need more characters in the review before I can submit it, so I'll say that Manu Chao and his band are great musicians and great showmen. The audience loves it, and so do I.

The Lion's World - A journey into the heart of Narnia
The Lion's World - A journey into the heart of Narnia
by Rowan Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable reading, but good for Lent, 24 Feb. 2013
If you love Narnia, you need to read this book. Williams can be too erudite for me, but here he speaks clearly and unambiguously. Understand Aslan as you never have before, and begin a journey to understanding yourself.

Page: 1 | 2