Profile for Mr. S. D. Saunders > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. D. Saunders

Mr. S. D. Saunders "modomnoc"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Fallacies of Creationism
Fallacies of Creationism
by Willard A. Young

5.0 out of 5 stars creationism isn't science, 16 Nov. 2004
As a catholic I studied evolution and was frightened by the implications. At that stage in my life evolution was a threat to the existence of God. I reacted by reading creationist literature. In the back of my mind I thought 'this is total crap an insult to my intelligence.' I soon realised that God created the universe but the Bible doesn't tell us how. Thankfully I bought a second hand copy of Willard Young's book. It explains where creationism comes from, namely fundamentalist (American) christianity where the bible is read literally. The book explains how creationism is simply a critique of evolution and doesn't propound it's own theory. Willard goes through all their critiques and debunks them. Finally Willard gives a useful outline of evolution. The only critique of the book is he makes one mistake, that is, it was Noah and the ark and not Moses.

Glass: Solo Piano
Glass: Solo Piano

5.0 out of 5 stars philip glass - solo piano, 19 Dec. 2003
This review is from: Glass: Solo Piano (Audio CD)
If you like piano I would thoroughly recommend this album. The best comparison for this music is Satie. The pieces are simple but melodious. Philip Glass has been categorised as 'minimalist' but this is only partly true, in that, the tunes are repetitive but have great rhythm. I've waited ages for this album to be re-released - and now it has I'm more than pleased.

Evolutionary Psychiatry, second edition: A New Beginning
Evolutionary Psychiatry, second edition: A New Beginning
by Anthony Stevens

5.0 out of 5 stars evolutionary psychiatry, 4 July 2003
This is an easy to read book which I used to access key areas, namely the sections on 'disorders of attachment' covering eating disorders and anxiety. The chapters are relatively short and provide good introductions to the areas covered. In terms of usefulness this book was a key tool in my recovery from anorexia. It showed me my behaviour was a biological adaptation to the situation I was in. I would thoroughly recommend this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5