Profile for JulesTop > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Headphones - 32 Ohm
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Headphones - 32 Ohm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound and robust., 21 Aug. 2016
Great headphones for singers who record themselves due to the closed back which insulates the sound. Good sound quality and they feel robust too.

APC GA100 CW Folk Guitar
APC GA100 CW Folk Guitar

5.0 out of 5 stars The built-in tuner is a nice bonus., 21 Aug. 2016
Really well made guitar, quite a big body compared to my other acoustic but it gives it a nice sound too. The built in tuner was a bonus.

Edifier MP211 Bluetooth Speakers - Yellow
Edifier MP211 Bluetooth Speakers - Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little speaker., 21 Aug. 2016
Great little speaker, reasonably loud sound for the size and the battery actually lasts quite long which surprised me.

Shine Deluxe Series Guitar - Cherry
Shine Deluxe Series Guitar - Cherry

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely guitar, 21 Aug. 2016
Lovely guitar, nice sound and good playing action. Looks even better in real life than the photo too.

Shine Custom Series Guitar
Shine Custom Series Guitar

1.0 out of 5 stars Lovely guitar but this one was assembled badly., 21 Aug. 2016
Great looking guitar but absolutely no sound from the output jack. My amp and cable works fine with other guitars and I tried a different cable too. I tried the switch and controls in all positions but nothing. Also the bridge assembly is misaligned and / or the wood is cut wrong, it is at an angle which does not properly line up with the plate on the back and means the top string would not be replaceable without removing the cover. Without these problems the guitar would have been an easy 4 star.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Ashton Joeycoustic 3/4 Size Acoustic Guitar Starter Pack, Black
Ashton Joeycoustic 3/4 Size Acoustic Guitar Starter Pack, Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad construction - don't waste your money or time with this., 12 Jun. 2016
The guitar arrived and and everything looked OK, it just needed to be tuned. When I put it into the supplied case I heard something rattle and I realised that there was something loose inside the guitar. It was a wooden strut which wasn't assembled properly and had become unglued. I looked inside and found another strut was also detached. I have never had something made so badly.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Philip Men's Wales Chronograph Watch R8241693015 with Automatic Movement, White Dial and Stainless Steel Case
Offered by Web Time Orologi Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars looks great and well made, 26 Oct. 2014
Lovely watch, looks great and well made.

Timex Ironman Men's Digital Watch with LCD Dial Digital Display and Black Resin Strap T5K341

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, 3 Mar. 2013
Definately not worth the RRP, I had to take the watch apart after delivery as the display wasn't lining up with the case properly, the printed Ironman logo on the face also is a couple of degrees off. I doubt the watch was really water resistant to 200m as the construction is not very precise. Finish looks a lot cheaper than the main picture suggests.

Funland: More fear than fun...
Funland: More fear than fun...
by Richard Laymon

2.0 out of 5 stars First Laymon book I've read..., 15 July 2012
I decided to give this book a go to introduce me to Laymon, I chose this book as I liked the ingredients the story was offering. A spooky funhouse / amusement arcade, derelicts, a new boy in the area, etc. *SPOILERS.* I found the story very slow moving and confusing with a large number of characters but decided to persevere with the book even though there was actually no horror or suspense in the story. The characters are paper thin and the main character "Duke" (among others) seems to have an unbelievable lack of personal motivation and just does whatever the writer requires at any point in time. It does pick up at the end horror wise but by then it's unnecessary and it becomes very surreal in the process. The main plot point is never resolved as we don't find out why the derelicts (bums, trolls, whatever you call them) were cannibalistic sexual assailants, instead we have the funhouse owner riding a giant spider while firing guns... I don't think I'll be wasting my time with another Laymon book for a while.

Yardley London Citrus and Wood Eau De Toilette Spray for Men 50ml
Yardley London Citrus and Wood Eau De Toilette Spray for Men 50ml
Offered by UKDC

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not sure..., 25 Jan. 2012
I bought this because I have heard it likened to Terre D'Hermes which I love in both it's EDT and Parfum incarnations. There is more than a little resemblance but this is definately a different perfume, after the initial citrus attack it concentrates more on a smokey woodsy smell which is nowhere near the cedar which features prominately in Terre.

Like another reviewer I have a recollection of having smelt this before somewhere but I can't place it and I'm not sure I like it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4