Profile for The Jade Merchant > Reviews

Content by The Jade Merchant

The Jade Merchant (Taunton, UK)

Jungle Revolution in Dub
Jungle Revolution in Dub

5.0 out of 5 stars the In Dub version is bass quakingly wonderful. "Love, 13 Nov. 2015
Can't remember the last time I was genuinely excited waiting for an album release. Jungle Revolution was an astounding piece of art, the In Dub version is bass quakingly wonderful. "Love, Peace, Unity, a manifestation of those who are wise".

Victorinox Explorer Army Knife - Red
Victorinox Explorer Army Knife - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection at present, 31 Aug. 2009
One day Victorinox will allow you to custom order your own knife, but until that time arrives, the Explorer will suffice. I'd owned a Champ for over 20 years, but in an attempt to reduce the weight of junk I carry around with me, I wanted a smaller model. Beyond the basic tools, I wanted it to have the scissors, a Phillips head screwdriver and a magnifying glass (until you carry one around, you don't appreciate how often it gets used). The Explorer is the only model that fitted the bill.

It is a splendid everyday carry item, and Victorinox build quality is unrivalled. Give it a bit of an oil and a clean each year, run a sharpening stone over the blades if you feel them a bit dull and you'll be passing this to the next generation - unless like me you'll be taking it to the grave, because you never know when it'll be needed....

Oh, and if I were to custom order a knife, what would I change? I'd replace the hook thing with the small chisel and then perfection would be attained.

Buy one today, at this price you can't go wrong.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2012 2:57 PM BST