Profile for Raq > Reviews

Raq

Faber-Castell Goldfaber Graphite Sketch set
Faber-Castell Goldfaber Graphite Sketch set

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 23 Jun. 2014
The pencils and the eraser are great. I haven't used the sharpener yet. Why haven't I bought these before?! I wish I had known!

Images of Power: Understanding San Rock Art
Images of Power: Understanding San Rock Art
by David J. Lewis-Williams

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 31 Mar. 2014
The illustrations were very disappointing as they were far too simplistic. I expected actual photos or if, as the author says, these would have not shown enough detail, he should have provided both his drawings and a photo or a more realistic copy.

Having only skimmed through some of the book, I felt his argument to be too simplistic also.

The Book of Symbols: Reflections on Archetypal Images (The Archive for Research in Archetypal Symbolism)
by Archive for Research in Archetypal Symbolism

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a dissappointment, 31 Mar. 2014
The essays are a bit wordy. I would have liked more concrete information. I am not sure the modern art is at all helpful.

Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Traditional Symbols
Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Traditional Symbols
by J. C. Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and lots of information, 31 Mar. 2014
I am very pleased with this book. It has more information than some other much larger books and is very easy to use.