Profile for Rich > Reviews

Snug Ultrasoft Fitted Sheet, Percale, 180 Thread Count - Double, Cream
Snug Ultrasoft Fitted Sheet, Percale, 180 Thread Count - Double, Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars A Perfectly Good Fitted Sheet, 29 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is certainly a very nice sheet. The colour is quite creamy; closest to a clotted cream and very attractive. Fit is fine on our standard double; snug but easy to fit. I never iron my sheets anyway (life's too short), but I'd agree that this one doesn't show many creases and should be good enough for any but the most fastidious ironer. And it's smooth and comfortable to sleep on.

My only "but" relates to the Ultrasoft claim in the title. I'd expected something a little different to the everyday, perhaps something a bit fleecy. But it feels to me pretty much like any other sheet. Perfectly acceptable and I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with it, but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Outdoor Garden Path Lamp Pack of 4, Solar Powered White LED Lighting, Cordless Lawn Yard Pathway Led Light, Waterproof and Durable Made by Stainless Steel and ABS
Offered by UltraGood

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Quality Solar Garden Lights, 24 July 2016
These are pretty much identical to similar lights that you can buy at any DIY store. Build quality is fine, they seem robust and all four of mine worked as expected. The charge they gather during even a fairly dull day allows them to glow throughout the night. I say "glow", as that is all these lights are capable of, so if you think they will illuminate your garden pathway in any way similar to a mains supplied feature, you'll be a bit disappointed. But that said, they're no different to any other solar lamp of this type, and they do make an attractive feature in the garden at night.

Note: I was provided with these lights free of charge in return for an honest and objective review.

USN BCAA Amino Gro Supplement, Fruit Fusion - 300 g
USN BCAA Amino Gro Supplement, Fruit Fusion - 300 g

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good General Use Energy and Recovery Dirnk, 23 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I normally use SIS products as part of my cycling exercise regime, mainly for post ride recovery. The formulation of this product is largely similar, though intended for use both during and post exercise to improve performance and endurance. Normally these are separate formulations, so it's a little unusual to find one product aimed at both sets of needs. I have little doubt that that these products do have an impact from my own experience and I've not been able to determine any difference from my normal SIS products. Often the difference comes down to taste and how well they mix. In both cases I have no problems with this product and I found the fruit flavour to be quite pleasant. On price and suitability for my needs I'll stick with SIS, but this seems to be a good product for someone who wants a single product for post during event energy boost and post event recovery.

Oral-B Genius 8900 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun - Two Handle Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars As Good As It Gets, 23 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
"Oral-B's Best Toothbrush Ever", is what they say. And it's hard to disagree. This product is more packed with features and technology than you would have thought was possible with an electric toothbrush.

Firstly the unit has a fantastic feel of quality. It is not too heavy, and has a lovely tactile feel to it that makes it easy to hold. As well as a nicely designed carry case, a USB charger and a phone holder, this set comes with two power units, making it extremely good value when compared to a single unit. As well as the expected timer and pressure sensor, the unit has five brushing modes (sensitive, whitening cleaning, etc) so you can configure it to give you the thoroughness of clean that is right for you and your teeth.

In practice it gives you an incredibly thorough clean. You can really sense that it gets right in between your teeth and gums, but it never feels harsh, and the pressure sensor prevents you from over-brushing. This is an exceptional toothbrush that is pretty much as good as it gets,

Vodafone Smart First 7 Pay As You Go Smartphone (Locked to Vodafone Network) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars More Than You Pay For, 12 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In general, you get what you pay for. However, in this case you get quite a bit more.

I've tended to use my partner's cast-off phones in the past, so have been using a Sumsung Galaxy for a few years now. For me, this is big step up. The phone is light, the screen is clear and bright, and call quality and features are excellent. My partner is currently using a Galaxy Mini S3, which cost her £100, and I think this compares very well.

The phone is locked to Vodafone, but I suspect that is the reason for the very low price. Vodafone expect to recoup their costs on your usage, so are happy to sell the device at cost or perhaps even a loss. It's the same principle as printers, where the money is made on the inks.

Clearly the phone isn't a fashion statement or something that kids will want to show off to their friends. But if you're not concerned with brand, and just want a phone that will do everything more expensive models will do (just not quite as well or fast), then this is ideal. Perhaps the significant only downside is the camera, which at 2mgp isn't really suited for anything other than everyday snaps. Otherwise this is an amazing value smartphone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2016 2:30 PM BST

Salter Measuring Jug Electronic Digital Kitchen Scale, Black/Clear
Salter Measuring Jug Electronic Digital Kitchen Scale, Black/Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Kitchen Scales, 12 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd long been a user of traditional kitchen scales, but having given these digital scales a try, I'm a convert. Small and light, they are easy to store. Very accurate and quick to measure. The accompanying bowl is well designed, large enough for mixing and with a handy pouring spout. The scales can be toggled between metric and imperial and can be zeroed to allow you to add additional ingredients. There's nothing about them that I don't like and I'm expecting years of future use in the kitchen.

HALTI Retractable Lead, Medium, Black
HALTI Retractable Lead, Medium, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Nice, Quality Flexi, 11 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've got through a fair few flexis over the years. It tends to be the switches that fail. However, as with so many things in life, you get what you pay for, and it's certainly the case here. The lead has a really nice solid feel to it, though it's not particularly heavy. It feels very nice in the hand, and clearly a lot of thought has gone into the design. The action is very smooth and precise on extend and return, and the catch feels solid and effective. We've used the medium sized lead with our sheltie, who can tug on occasion, and it feels safe and secure at all times. I'd have no hesitation in recommending this particular lead for any small to medium dog owner. You can buy cheaper, but I'm not sure you can buy better.

Earol & Aculife Ear Wax Removal Syringe kit
Earol & Aculife Ear Wax Removal Syringe kit
Offered by MEDICO

2.0 out of 5 stars Oil is fine. Syringe is hopeless., 9 July 2016
I'm afraid I'm very disappointed with this. The oil is fine, but then there's not much to go wrong with that. The dispenser is well designed and blows a fine spray into your ear. The syringe though was a complete non-event for me. Firstly, when you consider what you get, the price is a bit outrageous. I can imagine the production costs must be a few pence. And it's completely ineffective. I persisted for a couple of weeks before going to the surgery and seeing the practice nurse. Her machine had to work hard, but eventually did the job. I'm afraid there's no way in a million years that this kit would have resolved my problem.

Save yourself some money; buy the oil, insert oil twice a day for a week, visit the surgery and get a professional to sort you out.

Bi Tao 3 Pairs slim mini folding reading glasses +2.50 Strength women men metal frame reading eyeglasses
Offered by Bi Tao Glasses

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value, 9 July 2016
Well, I didn't expect something quite this good at such a low price. The glasses are very well made; solid and not in the slightest flimsy. As a guide, I'd say that are better than the quality of reading glasses you'll buy at a supermarket for £5 to £7 pounds. The folding mechanism is really ingenious, and they fold-up very small. However once opened they look and feel like conventional reading glasses. I think this price is amazing for something of this quality. The little cases are tough and perfectly designed to hold each pair. Three is an ideal number; one pair for the car, one for the office and one tucked in a drawer for reserve. I'll never need to worry about losing or breaking my gasses again!

Note: I was provided with these glasses at a reduced charge in return for an honest and objective review.

3M 1410hg Vetrap Bandaging Tape, 10 cm x 4.5 m, Box of 18 Rolls, Hunter Green
3M 1410hg Vetrap Bandaging Tape, 10 cm x 4.5 m, Box of 18 Rolls, Hunter Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Stuff, 3 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you have a horse, then you likely have some of this. It's without compare for bandaging your horse. Easy to wrap, flexible and perfectly adhesive. It stays in place until removal, which is simple to do. It allows the skin to breath, but keeps the wound soft, moist and protected from infection. Brilliant stuff.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20