Profile for Rich > Reviews

Content by Rich

Rich (Wellington, Somerset)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Post-it Index Value Pack includes 25mm x 43.2mm Flags - Blue/ Red/ Green/ Yellow (200 Sheets)/ Trial Pack of Post-it Index Arrows

4.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, Useful Tabs, 7 Dec. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very useful set of tabs for marking places in books and papers. The quality is typical Post-it; so much better than all the look-a-like products. They are sufficiently sticky that they stay in place, but can be moved and re-positioned as often as you want without losing any of their effectiveness. Ideal for any student or office worker.

My only quibble is the word "value" in the product description. At £13.07 at the time of writing, these don't feel particularly cheap to me. But you can't deny they are effective.

Ultrasport Men's Functional Long-Sleeve Undershirt Pure, Grey Melange, L
Ultrasport Men's Functional Long-Sleeve Undershirt Pure, Grey Melange, L

5.0 out of 5 stars A Luxurious and Effective Baselayer, 6 Dec. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've quite a few baselayers that I use for cycling. Due to the substantial price difference, I've stuck with synthetic products, although have always been aware that Merino wool tops are reckoned to be the best. And now that I've tried one for myself, I can wholeheartedly agree.

With a mix of merino and silk, this top is wonderfully smooth and soft. It's a very different feel to the shiny synthetic fabrics I've used, but there's no sense of roughness or rubbing. I've worn it on the coldest days under a soft shell jacket and have felt delightfully warm. It wicks extremely well, leaving me feeling warm but not clammy even after a long climbing session.

I've washed it twice now and it has retained its size and feel. The sizing is perhaps a little loose compared to the stretchy tops I've used in the past, but I think that's the nature of the fabric and I'm very comfortable wearing it.

It is expensive, and Ultrasport isn't a brand name that's likely to get anyone excited. But in terms of quality and function, it can't be bettered. If you like to spend money on your hobby/sport and treat yourself to the best, then this is one item you should consider.

Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) Case- easyDigital® Black Flip Case for Samsung Galaxy J3 2016 Wallet Case Premium Protective Leather Case for New Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) with Screen Protector (Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016))
Offered by EASYDIGITAL

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and Well Made, 3 Dec. 2016
Very nicely made and a perfect fit for my Samsung J3. Highly recommended.

The Burrow: Posthumously Published Short Fiction (Penguin Modern Classics)
The Burrow: Posthumously Published Short Fiction (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Franz Kafka

3.0 out of 5 stars A Worthwhile Curiosity, 1 Dec. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This may not be the best place to start with Kafka, but the description of the book piqued my interest and I thought I'd give it a go. For me it was a curious read. I didn't find the stories particularly interesting or engaging, but the writing style was intriguing. The translation seemed very "literal" to me, so the dialogue in particular was quite stilted and unnatural. However I suspect this is a feature as much of the period and the school of Czech modernism as the skills of the book's translator.

Did I enjoy it? I'm not sure that I did, but I'm glad I gave it a go, and I'm tempted to tackle one of Kafka's better known novels at some time in the future.

Dyson DC40 Animal Lightweight Dyson Ball Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC40 Animal Lightweight Dyson Ball Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Hardy's of Kilkeel Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 21 Nov. 2016
This our second DC40 Animal. The first was bought at least ten years ago. We've always been very happy with it, but over the years it became less effective, despite replacing the brushes. So it was time for a replacement.

I briefly considered a Vax, largely because they were so much cheaper, but reviews were very mixed, so decided to stick with what I know best. At £200 as a Black Friday deal, it was as cheap as I'd seen it. Next day delivery, ten minutes to assemble, and we were away.

In comparison to the old, the ball design does make it more maneuverable. I would say it is slightly lighter, but there's still no denying it is heavy, and if you have weak hands or arms, you might well find it a struggle. The waste holder is also slightly smaller, so will need more frequent emptying. In terms of effectiveness, I'd say it is superb. We have a couple of dogs, with a mix of hard floors and carpets, so there's lots of material to collect. And it does it extremely well; our carpets and mats look like new again. The head switches from carpet to hard floor automatically. The hose is extremely easy to use, and makes cleaning along the skirting very simple. As for all the recent talk of vacuums being restricted on power by EU rules, it is every bit as powerful as I need it to be.

Overall then, no regrets and I'm very pleased that I stuck with a Dyson and wasn't tempted to save money and buy anything less.

D'Addario Prelude 4/4 Scale Medium Tension Violin String Set
D'Addario Prelude 4/4 Scale Medium Tension Violin String Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Quality Strings, 20 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are decent quality strings at a reasonable price. They would be suitable for any novice or intermediate level violinist. They've been in use now for a week and hold their tuning well.

Big Red - Heavy Duty Padlock | 2 x Keys | Outdoor Padlock - All Weather All Seasons

4.0 out of 5 stars A Decent Outdoor Padlock, 19 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although described as "Heavy Duty", I'd be more inclined to say "Medium". There are certainly much more substantial padlocks available, and ones perhaps better suited to protecting something valuable like your oil tank filler. It's very nicely made and the action feels nice and smooth. The weather protection seems very substantial. My only criticism would be the additional plastic collar intended to prevent water from accessing the mechanism. This also has the effect of making the diameter of the hasp much larger at the base, which means it won't fit through something with a relatively small hole.

Bovril Flask Gift Set
Bovril Flask Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Present for a Bovril Lover, 16 Nov. 2016
This review is from: Bovril Flask Gift Set (Grocery)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The perfect gift for any Bovril lover. The stainless flask is just the correct size for a mug of Bovril (or any other drink). It keeps the liquid very warm for several hours, and has the benefit that it is unbreakable. The set is just a bit of fun and the packaging is a bit basic, but it will make the perfect bran-tub present for the right person.

Scotch Magic Tape - 19mmx33m
Scotch Magic Tape - 19mmx33m

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Magical, 16 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This may not be magic, but it is great stuff. It's pretty much invisible, but it sticks well, and can also be removed with a little care. Not for everyday use, but it's perfect for repairing anything precious.

Post-it Z Notes 76x76mm Pink and Yellow Ref R33On [Pack of 6]
Post-it Z Notes 76x76mm Pink and Yellow Ref R33On [Pack of 6]

5.0 out of 5 stars As Good As It Gets, 14 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Still better than all the imitators. Whilst you can use a dispenser for these Z-type post-its, they're perfectly usable without. Faultless.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20