Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Drake Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Rich > Reviews

Krups EA8150 Espresseria Automatic Bean to Cup, Black
Krups EA8150 Espresseria Automatic Bean to Cup, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Coffee, 23 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For me, and without exaggeration, good coffee is one of life's great pleasures. That early morning cup after breakfast gives you the most satisfying and warming buzz you could wish far. I've tried most methods of making coffee over the years; filter, cafetiere, Moka, pods, etc. Over time I've fallen in and out of love with each. Over the past few years my preference has been a Senseo machine I prefer it to the Tassimo version, and was surprised that Philips/Douwe Egberts decided not to continue production.

So anyway, I'm a coffee lover, so was very excited at the chance to try out a "beans-to-cup" machine. First off, this is a very handsome looking piece of kit. The matt black and steel finish looks very smart, especially if you have a contemporary kitchen.

The manual is brief, but adequate. Setup is pretty simple; add beans and water, allow the machine to perform it's initial rinse, and you're good to go. Operation is configured from the front panel. There are many options to choose from, allowing you to set-up the strength of an espresso shot, how much water to include with the shot, and how many shots in a drink. The system allows you to save two settings.

My preference is for a strong Americano. I spent a good few days tweaking my drink, but eventually found something I'm very happy with. I drink my coffee black, so haven't had occasion to play with the milk frother. And the taste? Delicious. Better than any home method I've used, and close to a good high street coffee. In some ways I prefer what this machine can do for me as I can tweak the strength to something that is perfect for me. And then there's the pleasure of experimenting with different beans.

Maintenance is pretty simple. There's a grinds hopper to empty and clean. The machine has a own cleaning cycle with tablets that can be purchased separately. Fortunately we don't live in a hard water are and have no issues with limescale so I don;t expect that to be a frequent or costly exercise.

Overall then, this machine has started a new chapter in my love of coffee. My only regret is that I didn't discover this enhanced pleasure before now. I appreciate this might all sound a little over the top, but if you get anywhere near as much pleasure from a good coffee as I do, I heartily recommend this machine.

Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
by Lawrence Impey

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Medical Students, 22 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The eldest girl is about to start her first year of medical studies. This book provides a thorough overview of all aspects of obstetrics and gynecology that are well targeted for someone in the early years of a degree course and also provide a valuable reference for future studies and papers. This isn't a book for anyone who doesn't have a serious academic or professional interest in this field, but for a student it is the ideal introduction and reference source.

BIC Cristal Multicolour Ballpoint Pens Assorted Colours, Pack of 8
BIC Cristal Multicolour Ballpoint Pens Assorted Colours, Pack of 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pens with Unusual Colours, 19 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't think there's a better everyday biro than the Bic Cristal. This set includes some unusual colours that might appear to kids or perhaps teachers marking material. Quality and value are excellent and simply can't be better.

GoNutrition 1 kg Gluten Free Rolled Oats
GoNutrition 1 kg Gluten Free Rolled Oats

3.0 out of 5 stars Specialist and Pricey, 12 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Does the world need gluten-free porridge oats when oats themselves are gluten free? It's interesting to note that there's now some dispute on the benefits/disbenefits of a gluten free diet. Personally I suspect it will quietly die a death, like so many diet fads. However, if you are a celiac, then these may be of interest to you.

As porridge oats, I'm afraid I found them a little underwhelming. They are quite dusty, so produced a porridge that was quite different to my normal breakfast. The texture was quite "gluey". Taste was fine, though. I think porridge is one of the world's original superfoods; incredibly good for you and remarkably cheap. Well, so long as you buy your oats from a supermarket. At nearly £5 per kg, these are multiples more than I normally pay. And for something that I didn't enjoy as much.

All that said, if you really need a gluten free food source and want oats in your diet, then these may be for you.

Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil, Orange Flavour, 150ml
Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil, Orange Flavour, 150ml

5.0 out of 5 stars A Pleasant Tasting Health Benefit, 11 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a bit of a sceptic with regard to dietary supplements, but I'm content that the case for Omega-3 fish oil supplements is well proven. Like most, I normally take capsules as the taste of cod liver oil isn't great. However, this orange flavouring of the product makes all the difference and I find it very easy to take as part of my breakfast routine. Is it better than the competition? Who can say, but you have reputation of the brand to give assurance that you're taking something that is genuinely beneficial to your health.

Joseph Joseph Dot Hydration Tracking Water Bottle, 400 ml, Turquoise
Joseph Joseph Dot Hydration Tracking Water Bottle, 400 ml, Turquoise

4.0 out of 5 stars An Everyday Bottle (with an added feature), 9 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So this is an ok, relatively small, drinking bottle. It's USP is that it has a low-tech way of recording how many bottles you've drunk. Personally I'm unconvinced about the current trend that we have to drink lots of fluid to be healthy. Evolution has ensured that we have a very good system for determining how much fluid we need to ingest; it's called a thirst. I don't need anyone, or indeed a drinking bottle, to guide me on that one, All that aside, this is a nice enough bottle with a gimmick. Whether it's a gimmick you would wish to pay a premium for is down to you.

Wake in Fright (Masters of Cinema) (Dual Format Edition) [Blu-ray + DVD] [1971]
Wake in Fright (Masters of Cinema) (Dual Format Edition) [Blu-ray + DVD] [1971]
Dvd ~ Ted KOTCHEFF

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing, 8 Mar. 2017
This is a very difficult film to categorise. Essentially it's a depiction of the macho world of the Australian outback of the sixties and seventies. Not something that might immediately capture the imagination, but this is a fascinating social document. The barroom and gambling scenes are filmed in real, outback locations using non-actors. The drama is compelling, as a troubled man finds himself drawn into this world and becomes increasingly brutalised. Donald Pleasence is superb as a doctor who has become trapped in this world of hard drinking and brutality.

This film won't be for everyone. The scenes of kangaroo hunting are pretty grim and I'm surprised they've survived the censors' attentions over the years. However, if you can cope with the subject matter, then this is an astonishing film that really does deserve to be watched.

Vacuum Bags to fit Electrolux Microlite Z1600 Series E10 E42 & E42n Type 5 Pack
Vacuum Bags to fit Electrolux Microlite Z1600 Series E10 E42 & E42n Type 5 Pack
Offered by Suds-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Bags, 4 Mar. 2017
Sadly these are not reusable, as were the original Electrolux bags. In other respects, though, these bags are fine and probably as good as you'll get on the third-party market. These were the best priced bags I could find.

STABILO EASYoriginal Marble Left Handed Handwriting Pen - Sapphire
STABILO EASYoriginal Marble Left Handed Handwriting Pen - Sapphire

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just For Kids, 4 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My partner is a "leftie" and also suffers with Rheumatoid Arthritis. She loves this pen. It is extremely easy and comfortable for her to hold. It writes smoothly as well. A real success for her. It might also suit someone with RSI who has difficulty with grip.

Belmio 50 Nespresso® Aluminium Compatible Coffee Capsules Pods - A Taste Of Premium Luxury Coffee (50 Classic Collection)
Offered by Healthcare Direct UK

4.0 out of 5 stars A Decent Alternative, 21 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried a few Nespresso look-a-likes over the years. Most have been pretty disappointing, and a long way sort of the quality of the originals. However, these are an exception, and though not quite to the standard of the original, they are pretty close.

Packaging is very nice; almost presentation quality, which seems a little excessive for an everyday consumable. The pods are aluminium and of nice quality. They all worked correctly in my machine. In terms of taste, I like my coffee black, strong, with a creamy head and a decent kick. The stronger pods (Intenso and Risoluto) cetainly delivered in that respect. In terms of aftertaste, there was a slight bitterness, but not overwhelming. The remaining pods were a little too subtle for me, but that's very much my taste and others might prefer a milder coffee with less kick.

Overall, for a third-party alternative that is a little cheaper than the original, I think these are well worth considering.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20