Profile for E. Conroy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
LEGO Pack of 2 Airline Pilot Minifigures with Briefcases
LEGO Pack of 2 Airline Pilot Minifigures with Briefcases
Offered by Penzora

5.0 out of 5 stars Two pilots, one briefcase - just hope there's no scrapping between them!, 28 Jun. 2016
Pilots are identical to those in the image (never doubted they would be), however, only one briefcase was received. I got the impression from the description 'with briefcases' - plural, there would be one for each pilot, this may have just been a picking error though. Either way, I'm happy with the wee dudes and they'll do the job they were purchased for.

Philips SatinPerfect Deluxe HP6581/00 Wet and Dry Epilator with Shaver Head, Precision Epilator & Tweezers
Offered by liGo

2.0 out of 5 stars 12 month life span..., 9 May 2016
Purchased two of these from a high street retailer. The first one died a month before the guarantee expired, the second died two months after the guarantee expired. For the price you pay, I would expect it to last a lot longer than 12 months - my previous Philips one lasted several years.
As I've epilated for years, I only use it every couple of weeks (unless I'm going on holiday), so it's not as though it's overworked. When I go on holiday I have to epilate with this every day for 3-4 days before I go, just to make sure a majority of the hairs are gone, and even then there's still a few stray ones!
It's the worst epilator I've used for removing hairs, whether the ceramic plates as opposed to metal makes a difference I don't know, it's also very painful on the shins.
I've never used any of the other attachments so can't comment on those. Only giving it the extra star for the mini epilator for the bikini line, which is brilliant!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2016 3:00 PM BST

Bosch A978S Aerotwin Wiper Blade
Bosch A978S Aerotwin Wiper Blade
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 13 April 2016
Purchased for a 56 plate Peugeot 207, and fit like a dream. Very easy to change the blades (even for a girl) and wipe perfectly. No smears, and so quiet compared with the ones they replaced, which bounced across the screen constantly! Well worth the price!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A happy Welsh bird!, 23 Nov. 2015
Thrilled with this. Bought to replace another Welsh flag one I'd bought years ago which had discoloured over the years, the detailing on this one is much better. The only downside is the thread on the bar is different to my old one, so I couldn't use my gem fastener instead of the plain one - just to jazz it up a little. That aside though, I'm very happy with it. Been wearing this for over a week now and no problems with it at all.

A fantastic cute stylish mason and cash small animal bowls, in popping colours with polka dots.
Offered by Toy and Gift Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars A little misleading, read before you buy (unlike me!), 17 Jun. 2015
Do check the description and not the header, (A fantastic cute stylish mason and cash small animal bowls) "bowls" suggests more than one, plus the picture is misleading to think you get four. Thankfully I only needed one (the other three would have been spares), but had I realised it was only the one, I would've just bought the cheaper plain one to match the ones I have already.
Still a nice bowl though and it'll do the job it was purchased for.

Rosewood Catwalk Collection Luxury 2-in-1 Cat Bed
Rosewood Catwalk Collection Luxury 2-in-1 Cat Bed

5.0 out of 5 stars One happy little furball!, 23 April 2015
On to our second one of these, after the first wore out (lasted nearly four years though, so we're not complaining), very thankful it hasn't been discontinued like many others. So long as you're careful pulling the fleece cover over it, it fits fine with no tears. No problems putting it together, the only comment with the new one, is the frame isn't as sturdy as the old one. Thankfully we kept the old frame and have just put the new cover on the old frame.
Size wise, it's not the biggest, our 6kg boys don't even attempt to go on it, they're far too big, but our little girl just about fits at 4kg (see photo).
She's thrilled it's still made as it's her favourite place to sleep in the house.
Comment Comment | Permalink

20 x AquaOne 620 / 620T Compatible DELUXE Poly Wool Filter Pads and 6 X Carbon Filter Pads

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 30 Dec. 2014
Can't believe I've wasted so much money on the genuine ones all these years! These are spot on! The fact I also now have spares just makes it even better!

Yevita Plastic Simulation Grass Tower P801 Fish Tank Decorative Landscaping Plant 40CM Height Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain and a half!, 30 Dec. 2014
Very pleased with this purchase. In all honesty, for the price I wasn't expecting much, but as it was to be a plant which would be behind others, I wasn't fussed if it wasn't as full as it looks in the photo, it was more the colour I wanted.
However, I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived.
For what you pay it's an absolute bargain, especially when you compare it with plants from pet stores, easily pay three times as much for something like this.
The only thing I would say is, you need to pick a fair amount of glue off the plant before putting it in the tank, took me less than 10 minutes though, worth it for the saving.
It's been in my tank over a month now, and I'm sure if my fish could speak, they'd tell me they love it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2015 7:10 PM GMT

BAXXTAR PRO-ENERGY Battery for Canon LP-E6 with Chip technology - Intelligent battery system - for Canon
Offered by Bundlestar*

5.0 out of 5 stars In a word…superb!, 30 Dec. 2014
Purchased as a spare for the Canon 6D and I honestly can't tell the difference in battery life between this and my genuine Canon battery. Works perfectly fine with the charger which came with the camera and at half the price of a genuine battery, it's a win win for me! Highly recommend!

Fish Tank Artificial 15.7" High Plastic Water Plant Purple Blue
Fish Tank Artificial 15.7" High Plastic Water Plant Purple Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, if you get the 'good' one., 28 Nov. 2014
Purchased two of these plants, I was very pleased with one, but very disappointed with the other. Both arrived in the same package, but they were very different to each other.
The great one had stems in all 6 holes in the base, all branches were intact and it looked really full and nice, happy days. The second only had stems in 4 of the 6 holes in the base, 7 branches had broken off and it looked so thin and scraggly compared with the other. For the price though, I'm guessing I just got lucky with the good one.
There was a little bit of stray glue on the bases of these, but none in the actual branches themselves.
I've returned the faulty one with no qualms, but haven't yet used the good one, which is a shame, as they were to go opposite each other in the tank. I have kept it though for when I make any changes in the tank in future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3