on 2 September 2016
I saw this gem of a series when it was broadcast on Channel Four, yonks ago now! It features quirky little animated versions of Messrs Gervais, Merchant (Who had a cameo role in Green Wing as a rather obnoxious, but funny, lab technician!) and Pilkington, teamed up with the soundtrack of podcast discussions on various topics they had previously made on their radio show. While Ricky's infectious laugh and Steve's acerbic wit lend something to the comedy, it's Karl Pilkington who steals the show with his simplistic, logical, view of the world, and it's this that is the hub of the comedy! Ricky and Steve tend to trade off of Karl's comments and opinions, and I have to admit, they made me laugh! It's a winning combination! The other series that have followed haven't been nearly as good as this one. I particularly liked Karl's thoughts about ageing and his possible 'solutions' to the problem! I'm not entirely sure whether Monsieur Pilkington really is the way he is, or, to quote the expression, isn't 'as green as he's cabbage looking.' if you get my meaning! But, it's very funny! Well worth a look, and I couldn't fault it! Excellent!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 5 February 2015
Hilarious show based on a series of XFM recordings made by Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington which has been animated into various cartoon clips to visually aid their ideas and discussions. Basically you have the three who sit around the table discussing random topics; Ricky Gervais will occasionally try to start with a logical question or thoughtful subject to ask his friend and former radio producer Karl Pilkington, but soon the conversation will drift into extremes of absurdness, lunacy and hilarity. Karl Pilkington is best known for "An Idiot Abroad", and it isn't until you hear some of the ridiculous ideas and questions he comes out with during this show that you will understand why Ricky Gervais decided to title the show "An Idiot Abroad" so aptly.

All the same, Karl Pilkington is the every man that both Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant really fail to be, as he tends to say a lot of things that everyone else is thinking and although some of his ideas and ramblings touch on absolute insanity, he is far more relatable and likeable than both Gervais and Merchant, and as the basis of the show is really that Ricky Gervais likes to be in a room talking to Karl and listening to Karl's ramblings, I can't fathom why this is actually called "The Ricky Gervais Show" at all when 90% of the show is based around Karl talking and being funny, droll or up front.

If you liked "An Idiot Abroad", and have ready any of Karl's books, then this is definitely worth a watch. Even if you dislike both Merchant and Gervais, it is still quite funny and entertaining as it is mostly centred around Karl and his ideas and concepts of the world around him.
on 25 September 2012
Brilliant show if you are already a fan of Ricky and the round headed buffoon then your'e in for a treat.The animation is brilliant and I think it adds so much to the humour.I love when they read from Karl's diary and the more famous monkey news,will have you in stitches and wanting to watch more,I love this show and long may it continue is what I say.
on 2 June 2013
I'm a big fan of this series of Pod-casts, but was doubtful whether the cartoon element would add anything at all but they really do. In the moments in between jokes the cartoon will often give you a visual gag portraying whatever ridiculous nonsense Karl is talking about. OOOOOOOO chimpanzee that!
on 2 October 2016
The Best show on the Planet, you just cant beat Karl.
Item was delivered fast and as described.
on 15 April 2012
I loved "An Idiot Abroad" and thought I would give this a whirl - being another of Ricky Gervais' creations. Ricky is right, Karl is a walking wonder - part idiot, part comic, part misery with entirely no self-awareness. So funny, uplifting and a great way to take you out of yourself in 20+ minute bursts (13 episodes over 2 discs). Lightweight wall to wall laughter - enjoy.
on 16 January 2014
The Ricky Gervais Show is a laugh out loud show and the characters make it even more funny. Its just classic. My jaws hurt when i watch these cause it makes me laugh so much.
on 15 August 2017
Splendid.
on 21 July 2013
I must admit I got a bit bored with Ricky Gervais, I loved Extras but his public persona was irritating and for that reason I did not get into this show until earlier this year and I loved it, but I loved it more for the fact that Karl Pilkington is so funny. His views on life are brilliant, I've watched it on my own and still laughed out loud.
on 17 June 2013
I'm not a big Ricky Gervais fan but with Stphen Merchant & Karl Pilkington he is hilarious in The Ricky Gervais Show. The DVD has the complete 1st series on and is a must for all fans.