Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

How are you going to budget for Christmas with young children?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Oct 2009 09:03:15 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Oct 2009 20:20:51 BDT
Becky says:
In my book I have a section on budgeting at Christmas and in fact all special occasions. I strongly emphasise experiences over possessions because they involve time and effort but not necessarily cost. They also reduce materialism, worrying about cash and they make the best of memories, creativity and togetherness. Here are my top five.

1. Christmas nights are lovely time to snuggle up in blankets by a fire in your PJ's (all of you) light candles and read stories. Hit the library and stockpile some goodies for the holidays.

2. Christams days are often fresh and brisk and cosy coats and early morning family walks amongst lots of tress can be so special

3. Making some gingerbread boys and girls to hang on the Christmas tree will delight every child, planting some tiny crocus bulbs in little pots for gifts is cheap but so much fun. Hand printing angel wings on card make a beautiful gift for relatives too and your child will love to do it.

4. Going to a little childrens church service or christingle can be a gorgeous family celebration and a nativity can be lots of fun too. If church isn't your thing try viisting a garden centre which goes to town on it's decoration or a shopping centres display or carol concert.

5.Getting ready for santa can be magical too; writing him a long letter telling him your news not just asking for things, leaving some oatmeal outside your fornt door for Rudolph with lots of glitter springled in to light the way. Prepare a little feast for santa of carrots and milk and decorate your stocking pillowcase with babubles and tinsel ready for the big day.

You can definately throw yourslelf into Chritsmas without throwing yourself into debt.

What are your Christmas budgeting ideas?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  10 Oct 2009
Latest post:  10 Oct 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about