Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Blops 2 Disappointment Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 491 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Nov 2012, 08:48:00 GMT
Bunny says:
Thought I'd set this up for everyone getting Blops 2 today. Here you can moan about the inevitable disconnects, partying up problems, small maps or trash talking tweeners and the like. Hopefully there will be few, and the game will be enjoyable.

Posted on 13 Nov 2012, 08:54:45 GMT
This is definitely the worst COD so far. Hit detection is way out, the game lags beyond anything you've ever seen before and all the maps encourage spawn killing. You'd think that with all the millions that the developers rake in from misguided, bespectacled, pre-pubescent Rambo wannabes that they would at least spare a few quid for dedicated servers instead of the pre-Millenium gaming experience you receive. I've got a good mind to contact Anne Robinson at Watchdog because the consumer has been taken for a ride for too long.

The guns are utterly unbalanced. Some could stop Godzilla with a single shot whereas others have are akin to throwing marshmallows at the moon to bring about tidal change.

Very disappointed, worst game since that recent Leisure Suit Larry travesty. Once I've played it, I'm sure I'll have even more to get irate about.

Posted on 13 Nov 2012, 09:03:00 GMT
When it comes to COD I am strictly a marshmallows at the moon kind of guy lol

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012, 09:14:36 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Nov 2012, 09:17:43 GMT
Bauer says:
LIll you have gone too far .. your talking utter rubbish . !!! ,

Leisure Suit larry is brilliant ; )

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012, 11:06:55 GMT
DragonsGash says:
'Once I've played it, I'm sure I'll have even more to get irate about.'

LOL Quality!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012, 11:10:51 GMT
+1

Nice one Lill

Posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:14:28 GMT
DaytonaX says:
Blops 2 is so rubbish it hasn't even arrived yet. Is that what you mean by lag?

Posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:16:38 GMT
RikkiJE says:
Been playing for 3 hours. No disconnects, no lag, guns fine. Love the game.....Just saying....

Posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:22:29 GMT
WD M says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:49:05 GMT
Not trying to troll here but did anyone else think that this years COD release was rather tame? I remember last year there was adverts everywhere for MW3, people were queueing up for ages to pick up there copy and places sold out so quick. This year on my walk through the city centre on my way to work, there was nothing. It seemed like a normal day. Could this be the slow decline of interest in COD?

Posted on 13 Nov 2012, 13:06:24 GMT
Bauer says:
Maybe Captain, but as Amazon has had more preorder for BLOPS 2 than any other game ever maybe not ?

Posted on 13 Nov 2012, 13:07:36 GMT
moomoosmum says:
wish i could be dissapointed but it hasnt arrived :D

Posted on 13 Nov 2012, 13:08:26 GMT
Bauer says:
Anyway I am very disappointed with my BLOPS2, the back of box is rubbish !!

No lengthy text nothing to get your excited just 3 pictures with CAMPAIGN, MULTIPLAYER, ZOMBIES !!

this game is just rubbish I cant put up with that !!! ... COD is dead !!!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012, 13:13:01 GMT
DEBBIEDOO says:
Yeah, i know that feeling.

Posted on 13 Nov 2012, 13:14:24 GMT
The sounds not as good as I heard it was going to be...

Posted on 13 Nov 2012, 13:15:08 GMT
MF says:
and theres no guns-- whats that all about.

Posted on 13 Nov 2012, 13:16:28 GMT
RABB says:
I was watching someone play it over the weekend (pirate copy, tsk tsk) and Sam Worthington still can't hold an accent for more than five seconds. Disappointing.

Posted on 13 Nov 2012, 14:45:22 GMT
MajPanik says:
I hope it is accompanied by an extensive Booklet, detailing every buttons function(s), full character biography's and a complete breakdown of the spec of every single weapon and perk or they'll be hell to pay!

Posted on 13 Nov 2012, 23:53:02 GMT
Mr. J. Burns says:
I love this COD, third best behind Black Ops (1) and COD 4. The campaign has had an okay start, quite like he acting, don't like a couple of things that I don't want to say in case it spoils it at all.

Zombies is very good, some nice improvements in there.

The multiplayer is the main bit though, I've had absolutely no lag issues at all, had the odd getting shot behknd a brick wall moment with delay in the hit registering but that's it.

I have two major gripes though...

The graphics are now well behind other big games, the big explosions and everything look fancy but the textures are horrendous, especially when you first start an online match and it takes ages for them to render.

Also, as was mentioned, it's the worst back cover to a game ever. I'm a big fan of the back covers of gamrs and getting a wee taster; the back of Dishonoured is brilliant, the back of BLOPS 2 sucks.

Posted on 14 Nov 2012, 00:12:02 GMT
Bauer says:
I have to agree the MP is fantastic, had so much fun Tonight, best since W@W so far, not even tried SP !

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2012, 01:35:49 GMT
Dizzle FPS says:
loooooooooooooooooool akin to throwing marshmallows at the moon ... funny ish!!

Posted on 14 Nov 2012, 02:12:10 GMT
Rory says:
The graphics aren't exactly stunning (wasn't expecting them to be really) although I was hoping for better as the bloke's face at the very beginning as you start it up for the first time looked really detailed but alas no. It's quite colourful though which is nice for a change, I like how they've used all sorts of unusual placements for the maps like the bullet train and boats.

I saw an option to install textures (1.8gb) so that's an option perhaps for anyone finding the render rate a bit painful.

Posted on 14 Nov 2012, 04:17:40 GMT
I haven't played on the train station map yet. Is it specific to a certain game mode?

Posted on 14 Nov 2012, 06:33:24 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Nov 2012, 06:38:54 GMT
Mr Mojito says:
Had a great laugh last night, despite my somewhat lack-lustre performance which I hope to improve once I learn the maps and get used to hardcore. At least you lot don't play snd anymore.

The lag was a bit annoying, although I had full connection I was regularly skipping about the map, hopefully that'll settle down a bit and it was nothing worse than any other cod opening night.

Posted on 14 Nov 2012, 08:36:56 GMT
Howmuch75 says:
Guns don't kill people..
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  62
Total posts:  491
Initial post:  13 Nov 2012
Latest post:  17 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers