Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

What movie franchise should be given a video game?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 112 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Jul 2014, 22:52:23 BST
D. Climo says:
What movies/movie franchises do you feel should be given the video game treatment? After seeing Dawn of The Planet Of The Apes I think that would be good for a like sci-fi adventure game.

Scream could make a reasonable point and click. Particularly if it was a new story.

Dirty Harry as a sandbox game would be the game True Crime dreamed of.

Austin Powers as a FPS would be a laugh.

Posted on 24 Jul 2014, 22:59:44 BST
Zulu - the ultimate horde mode!

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 08:30:45 BST
howmuch75 says:
The dirty dozen,It would be a updated version of Cannon Fodder/sudden strike,each soldier would have unique skills that could be upgraded.

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 09:26:04 BST
Trigger says:
Shaun of the Dead - during the zombie apocalypse you have to get to the corner shop to buy a fizzy drink and a Cornetto, then go to your mum's house, then travel to your ex-girlfriend's flat, and finally go to the pub.

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 10:26:29 BST
The Raid would make a good game. Kinda like the original Wolfenstein but in a block of flats

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 10:56:11 BST
MF says:
Mad Max ... oh wait

One of the better movie tie ins Ive played ( they do tend to be terrible ) was Wolfenstein ... honourable mention to toy story !

Great call on planet of the apes though.

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 11:03:56 BST
Last edited by the author on 25 Jul 2014, 11:21:39 BST
Bauer says:
I am amazed that 2012 Dredd never got a game, the film was a game: progress from level to level armed with various ammo types, with slo mo capabilities and then a boss battle at the end !

Death race was another missed opportunity, it would be Mario kart but with Muscle cars and mini guns !

Edit there you go Will

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 11:08:08 BST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 11:10:11 BST
Strutter says:
the inbetweeners

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jul 2014, 11:15:56 BST
Is that a gun with 16 bit sound?

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 11:19:44 BST
I watched Ender's Game the other night and although the film wasn't great and seemed aimed at 12 to 16 year olds with. i think a game based on learning battle tactics and command skills would be great, it'd be like a command and conquer game in space.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jul 2014, 11:25:14 BST
Last edited by the author on 25 Jul 2014, 11:25:30 BST
Yeah, a game like Sins of a Solar Empire would be great. I wonder why no one has made SSE?

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 11:53:34 BST
RABB says:
Not a movie franchise but if Bethesda made an RPG set in Westeros it would be epic.

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 12:20:19 BST
Strutter says:
Fallout - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 16:02:20 BST
Miss D. says:
I think its criminal that theres never been a decent Superman game

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 16:21:11 BST
I would like a new version of The Warriors, That would be great if you could have 4 0n 4 PVP, or creating your own gang.

Any of the Riddick Movies

The TV show Spartacus could be pretty decent if done right.

Most of all though i would like a game with The Lord of the rings middle earth as the setting, with the combat system of Dark souls.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jul 2014, 17:12:10 BST
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (Xbox 360)

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (Xbox)

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 18:32:51 BST
Last edited by the author on 25 Jul 2014, 18:44:03 BST
Okay so this is slightly taking the OP on a tangent. LA Noir was obvious a take on films like LA Confidential. I loved the idea but while I thought LA Noir was okay it felt more like an exercise in map building than a fully formed game by Team Bondi. So this is what I'd like to see: A fully developed film noir detective game. Where you start in an open world post war LA and you can take your character (a low ranking detective) in a myriad of directions. Much more RPG focused, where each choice for your character effects not just the course of his career but also criminals around him, the LAPD, and finally the actual city. You can play him like some degenerate James Ellroy character as he buys up flop houses to rent to hop heads, get a sideline in cocaine, do a bit of enforcement on the side for Micky Cohen. Or you can go the straight as an arrow Jack Webb in Dragnet way. The other thing I'd like to see is an evolving city as the game progresses. Not only that but if you help certain faction, do certain things you see how those actions effect the city. For example if you buy up cheap apartments to rent to scumbags then that area will slowly degenerate. Or if you brutally enforce for a criminal that takes protection money from a community the area will slowly degenerate, and so will the house prices. Meaning you can then buy them cheap and get rid of the criminal, good for the police record, and sell the properties on or rent them. Also as it moves through the 50s into 60s it'd be cool if the city, environment and NPCs reflected this. But at its core I'd like to see a robust game mechanic that encourages us to do some detecting. Assassin's Creed GTA etc feel like they're taking that map building as far as it can go I'd now like to see something substantial with depth to fill that space.

And how hasn't The Terminator been made into a brilliant gaming series is beyond me. Post apocalypse FPS open world RPG. Humanity still in hiding from hunter drones, pockets of survivors, scavengers, different factions, keep the aesthetic we see in Kyle Reese's dreams in T1, keep the machines mechanical and the terminators like Arnie, a cyborg, none of the terminators from T2, T3 etc. Have the start of the game as your character progress be like Kyle talks about survival just after the bombs fell. Humanity just holding on to survive. Make it almost certain death if a hunter drone finds you at the beginning. That your only option is to run and hide. Have it that at the start every corridor, tunnel, abandoned room, building is scary and tense, your every step you do cautiously.

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 18:42:40 BST
Dela says:
Gremlins

A spin on the AvP games where yoiu can either control a civilian (no/limited weapons - borders on survival horror), a soldier (all out gung ho - blast anything that moves) or a Gremlin (destroy/kill everyone - work towards mutating yourself to gain extra powers)

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 19:04:12 BST
MF says:
Debbie does Dallas

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 21:50:06 BST
A Portal Gun says:
The classic film starring Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson "Doom" is crying out for a video game franchise.

Posted on 25 Jul 2014, 21:54:55 BST
D. Climo says:
I agree with the earlier post. Superman COULD have a decent game (I think Rocksteady would be best to do it). Superman Returns got one thing right instead of giving Superman a health bar they gave the city one.Now if only it wasn't so repetitive.

Posted on 26 Jul 2014, 12:53:52 BST
So Neil Druckmann is writing the draft for the last of us movie with Maisie Williams strongly hinted to be Ellie.

I hope they consider Karl Urban as Joel.

Posted on 26 Jul 2014, 14:21:00 BST
Last edited by the author on 26 Jul 2014, 14:21:34 BST
I so badly don't want them to make a film from The last of Us. I know it sounds really sad but it feels like it's ours (gamers) that popcorn guzzling multiplex goers can f-off. Plus while I have faith in ND I also look at Tomb Raider and Resi' with a little concern. Once it's out of their hands and into the grubby hands of big studio execs who knows what will happen. It's cool that Druckmann is writing the screenplay (though I'd rather he was working on another video game) but I'm again reminded of James Ellroy's response to a couple of old ladies who'd seen and were raving about LA Confidential "But listen, Granny: You love the movie. Did you go out and buy the book?" And Granny invariably says, "Well, no, I didn't." And I say to Granny, "Then what the **** good are you to me?"

Posted on 26 Jul 2014, 16:10:51 BST
Savvy Shoper says:
i would love them to use some horror icons form the 80's etc Freddy, Jason, Pinhead, Michael Myers, etc

Turn it into a fighter or some sort of survival horror style game. who cares it needs to be done . i'm hoping that Jason or Michael lands in mortal kombat x since we had Freddy in the previous game.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  28
Total posts:  112
Initial post:  24 Jul 2014
Latest post:  31 Jul 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.