Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

XB1 Titanfall Console Edition - officially anounced tomorrow

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 166 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Feb 2014, 12:33:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 24 Feb 2014, 14:41:49 GMT
noblood says:
As previously leaked a month ago, it looks like an XB1 Titanfall edition is being announced tomorrow.

Pack includes download code for Titanfall and 1 month Live.

More interestingly, the console and controller are *unbranded*, unlike the Titanfall controller recently made available.

So, looks to me that MS are using existing XB1 stocks to meet demand.

Price not confirmed yet but rumours suggest it will be same price as original console. Basically, the same as the launch day FIFA edition but with Titanfall instead.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/02/24/xbox-one-titanfall-bundle-leaks-officially-announced-tomorrow/

UPDATE: Price now confirmed to be £399.99 since MS now officially announced an XB1 price drop from 28/2.

Posted on 24 Feb 2014, 13:17:49 GMT
kinjoking says:
they could atleast have made a Titanfall xbox, that would have looked sweet, all orange and white

Posted on 24 Feb 2014, 14:21:54 GMT
I heard that it is £399

Posted on 24 Feb 2014, 14:22:35 GMT
And 99p.

Posted on 24 Feb 2014, 14:25:12 GMT
noblood says:
Yes, the XB1 is now officially being reduced to £399 in the UK from 28/2.

The Titanfall Edition will take advantage of the price cut, and offer the free digital game too.

Posted on 24 Feb 2014, 14:31:12 GMT
R says:
So does that mean the XB1 is technically the same price as the PS4 ;-).

Posted on 24 Feb 2014, 14:34:28 GMT
noblood says:
Early XB1 adopters wanting Titanfall will have had to pay approx £80 more than anyone buying the Titanfall edition.

Personally, I think the price cut is not enough but this edition will certainly help them more a lot of stock.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2014, 14:35:51 GMT
noblood says:
"So does that mean the XB1 is technically the same price as the PS4"

Only if you buy the "limited stock" Titanfall edition. ;)

Posted on 24 Feb 2014, 14:46:46 GMT
R says:
The price drop and included game will no doubt attract a few people but for me I'm going to continue waiting on my XBO purchase.

Posted on 24 Feb 2014, 14:52:18 GMT
The way the press are receiving Titanfall along with the XB1 price drop I'm starting to think this'll turn it around for MS. Even gaming journalists i know aren't MP fans are giving heavy praise to the game. I think people are seriously looking for a new MP experience, that kick COD used to give but doesn't seem to be doing anymore, or the problems BF has had. Destiny and The Division are still a long way off so if Titanfall is as good as predicted they've got a bit of time without much competition to really exploit the market.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2014, 15:02:42 GMT
What ya need is a PS3 and The Last Of Us..

Best console MP ever. Fact. :D

Posted on 24 Feb 2014, 15:10:19 GMT
*strokes non-existent beard*
£399.99 you say? ....

Posted on 24 Feb 2014, 16:21:12 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 29 Jul 2016, 06:36:06 BST]

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2014, 16:39:07 GMT
i agree, cracking MP, but I need a drop in drop out free flowing MP that soaks up the hours. I'll obviously wait a a bit of time to really get a sense of what Titanfall plays like (catch a few reviews, watch some youtube videos etc) but from not even considering a XB1 until next year at the earliest i'm now really tempted. Now I probably still wont buy it but given it's tempting me others will probably feel the same and many more wont have the self restraint in holding off a purchase. There's definitely this feeling of a blank spot with these next gen consoles and I suspect Titanfall could fill it. If it does then MS are onto a big winner imo. People imo can wait for prices to drop to play a SP campaign like Infamous: SS but a MP game feels for many like it has an urgency to play because you're competing with other humans who'll have the jump on you if you wait.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2014, 16:42:09 GMT
Perhaps but don't you think that people will buy Titanfall on the xbox360?
After all if resolutions don't matter (like people say) then the difference between xb360 & xb1 will be inconsequential.

I'm eager to see the xb360 version.

Posted on 24 Feb 2014, 16:47:26 GMT
noblood says:
I think it is a good move by MS that benefits them and the public, by way of:

- public get a much needed console price drop (albeit only £30)
- public get a free game in Titanfall
- MS will sell loads of XB Live memberships (after the 1 month free) since the free game is MP only and needs the subscription
- MS can profit from the DLC map packs (rumoured to be 45 and 120 days post launch)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2014, 16:52:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 24 Feb 2014, 16:52:46 GMT
noblood says:
"I'm eager to see the xb360 version."

I think everyone is.

I don't think we will see any footage until near 360 release.

It is clear MS want to restrict footage to ensure that anyone on the next gen fence is persuaded to get the XB1 Titanfall edition before the 360 version is released.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2014, 16:55:03 GMT
You played the Titanfall Beta mate?

Posted on 24 Feb 2014, 17:20:32 GMT
I was about to for my PC but after hearing issues I decided not to. The thing is I wouldn't play the actual game on my PC (apart from Team Fortress 2 and the more tactical ARMA games I'm just dire playing competitive MP on PC, I get properly owned) it was just to get a feel for the game. I read that the MP was being played on MS servers (is that true?) but does that count also for the PC version? Or would they be hosted on the EA servers?

Hasn't the 360 version been farmed out to another developer to port.

Posted on 24 Feb 2014, 18:25:35 GMT
Dela says:
I'm just gonna pick up Titanfall on PC and save myself £365.02 in the process

Posted on 24 Feb 2014, 18:44:37 GMT
You got a free PC? You're one lucky chap Dela.

Posted on 24 Feb 2014, 18:55:59 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 29 Jul 2016, 06:36:07 BST]

Posted on 24 Feb 2014, 18:57:13 GMT
DJ says:
I played the Titanfall Beta on PC, it was great fun aside from the incessant "reconnecting" issue for up to 3 seconds, 2-4 times per minute. Infinitely more fun than CoD Ghosts imho. I don't know if the xbox had similar server issues during beta, but I think the price cut bundle is a clever move.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26325354

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2014, 19:45:48 GMT
Dela says:
Ok you got me there Lill ha

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2014, 20:01:25 GMT
The thing that bugs me the most about that interview is that he keeps saying "For us this is about giving UK gamers the best value that we can." I can't see how selling a console at around £430 and then dropping the price only 3 months later is best value for gamers who bought the console on release. If they gave away a digital version of Titanfall to people who bought their console on RD then cool, but I'm guessing they're not.

I'm not sure it's a good idea not being at GDC. I would have thought they should be there if only to keep interest in any upcoming exclusives MS have planned and to align as many third party games to their console. They can't just pin all their hopes on Titanfall and then wait for June surely.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  32
Total posts:  166
Initial post:  24 Feb 2014
Latest post:  4 Mar 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.