Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Mirrors Edge 2 Sort of Announced

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Nov 2012 15:35:49 GMT
WhatNow says:
Mirror's Edge 2 is in development, it has been claimed.

Ben Cousins, a former Battlefield producer at developer DICE and now ngmoco Sweden studio head, said it was common knowledge a sequel is in the works.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a439860/mirrors-edge-2-in-development-at-dice-says-former-battlefield-lead.html#ixzz2Cs7IFJBb

Posted on 21 Nov 2012 15:38:43 GMT
M_Vastere says:
Brilliant news!

Posted on 21 Nov 2012 15:39:51 GMT
The rumour has been in circulation for a while now, but until there's actual confirmation, I'll wait before getting buzzed for Mirror's Edge 2. Absolutely loved the first game and it ranks as one of my top 5 games in this generation.

Posted on 21 Nov 2012 15:44:33 GMT
MF says:
Absolutely loved the first game and it ranks as one of my top 5 games in this generation. -- TOTALY AGREE , TIGHT ON TROPHIES THOUGH !

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 09:22:20 GMT
Agreed - one of the very finest games this gen. Hope this is true - i can burst more blood vessels trying to get this plat too!

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 14:01:38 GMT
Trigger says:
I agree with Rich - I hope this is true but won't actually believe anything until I hear an actual confirmation from EA themselves and see some gameplay footage. In order to reach a wider audience I wouldn't be surprised if the sequel featured more gunplay, multiplayer, a new dudebro protagonist, lots of wub wub, etc.

(I actually think multiplayer could work well in this series, but would still be cynical at its inclusion).

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 14:35:26 GMT
I would snap up a sequel immediately. So long as they follow a similar recipe to the last game of course...only bigger!

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 15:03:33 GMT
Bauer says:
ME 1 was great game, so stylish, I remeber think a free running game in 1st person would never work, i was very wrong.

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 15:27:05 GMT
Mark Andrew says:
I did not really enjoy Mirrors' Edge. It was too bright and shiny. Reminded me of my dentists' teeth.
I played through it though and felt that I was really pushing myself to do so...maybe I should try it again.

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 15:46:11 GMT
That's a valid response to the game, Mark. It's world is very sterile and clinical but I was hooked on finding different paths and perfecting run times. If you just play the game and it wasnt to your sensibility then its just a matter of taste. I imagine another attempt would just annoy further lol

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 16:08:46 GMT
"It's world is very sterile and clinical"

Not on PC its not :p But it was kind of meant to look like that, to give the impression of a "filtered" world, the premise is that corporations run the world and information is restricted in all its forms, thats why all the colours were uniform, the adverts were North Korea in their form. Much the same reason that Fallout 3 looks so grey and bland.

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 16:13:29 GMT
Trigger says:
On the other hand, it was infinitely preferable to being a 'gritty' game world. Ugh.

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 16:15:00 GMT
Im pineing for some more Steampunk settings. Thats a setting that really hasnt been used much this gen, games like Damnation, but something good.

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 16:17:55 GMT
Yeah, it's a purposefully clean, oppressive environment and I could buy into that, but I can see why those who don't with the gameplay might see it as samey

I just love Mirror's Edge. Got the platinum on the PS3 version - you dont want to know the rage I tried to suppress going for those Time Trials and Speed Runs

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2012 16:24:34 GMT
My god? You got the Mirrors Edge Plat? Well done, i heard it was extremely hard

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 16:27:37 GMT
It is. That's why Paul > Rich. Especially when it comes to Left 4 Dead

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2012 16:29:30 GMT
Trigger says:
Good work man, I remember you mentioning that before. Did you break or throw a controller in the process? Was it all on your own or did you use speed run guides on YT much?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2012 16:33:07 GMT
The difference between myself and Paul is I'm fully in control of my gaming emotions and never rage quit/throw controllers around. I simply exude win without bursting a blood vessel :P

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2012 16:46:24 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Nov 2012 16:46:50 GMT
Bauer says:
"I'm fully in control of my gaming emotions and never rage quit/throw controllers around. I simply exude win without bursting a blood vessel :P "

Where is the fun in that ?

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 16:49:17 GMT
Used one or two guides for areas that I found unfair, ie. there's a fence at the start of Chapter 2 (?) that takes a good 2 minutes to manoeuvre around yet to beat the set times you have to perform a tricky jump trick that you see nowhere else in the game, is never explained at all and actually looks like a piece of bad level design they forgot to take out. Saves over a minute but there's no way you'd find the solution otherwise - its an electric fence FFS, the point of which is to tell you its not jumpable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwUIBzif-Lk

/Rant

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 23:56:34 GMT
ShotoTiggs says:
Impressed at anyone getting the plat! I couldn't even find all the messenger bags. I think I only ever managed speed runs on the first three, maybe four chapters too.

I didn't like the game at all at first, partly because I knew nothing about it. I only bought it because it was cheap in the preowned shelf. I got into it after a while and it was really frustrating at times but in the end I thought it was too short. There were a few bits that nearly had me throwing the console out of the window though, the one that springs to mind is when you stow away on the truck, getting out of the building on the next level took patience and time, especially when you weren't using a gun. I struggled to get the hang of disarming people. I thought the last level was a bit underwhelming, but it was never supposed to be about action anyway.

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 09:23:58 GMT
It's funny, when the game was new I got the impression that I was in the minority who adored it as most people were annoyed by little flaws like the poor gunplay.

Now it turns out Mirror's Edge was actually one of the best IPs this gen as it brought something totally new to the table, and everyone only realised it after buying Modern Call of Warface: Battlecombat: Bluefiltration 3: GOTY bad ending edition.

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 09:37:17 GMT
"Modern Call of Warface: Battlecombat: Bluefiltration 3: GOTY bad ending edition" XD

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 09:43:59 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Nov 2012 10:24:06 GMT
Not only did it bring something new to the table but in the four years since release, no one has come close to making anything similar as good.

I think most will agree Brink was awful.

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 12:43:15 GMT
MF says:
I only played this about 2 months ago and thought it would be very dated ... not at all , really enjoyed it -- applause for the plat though mate , very tough game
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  21 Nov 2012
Latest post:  23 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.