Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Drake Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

'Doom' announced (reboot / reimagining) - idtech6 - PS4/XB1/PC

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 Jul 2014, 02:26:00 BST
[Deleted by Amazon on 29 Jul 2016, 07:07:46 BST]

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jul 2014, 07:41:33 BST
Dela says:
Sounds interesting

More melee focused combat has piqued my interest along with the faster pace and the double jump - this combination should make the MP side very entertaining

Can't wait to see the gameplay video myself - surely it will leak soon?!

Anyway my upgrade is looking good for late 2015 - but no 4K yet tho Ness

Posted on 18 Jul 2014, 15:15:48 BST
I'd love this to be good. Rage showed if nothing else id still knew how to make tight fast controls for a FPS. For me hopefully being on PS4/XB1 means they can ramp up the number of enemies on the screen. I want that feeling of being almost overwhelmed as I jump about desperately trying to survive. Get the heart beating fast so when I find myself in an empty dark corridor the sound of enemy off in the distance it's all the more scary. Doom at this point should be so easy to get right. With Wolfenstein: The New Order it looks like old school FPS action is making a bit of a comeback.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jul 2014, 15:59:41 BST
Bauer says:
Best thing about Rage was fact you didn't need to use cover !!! .. amazing that can feel new and innovative !

I assume Doom will be the same ?

Posted on 18 Jul 2014, 16:38:24 BST
noblood says:
Demo was played with an Xbox controller lol.

Someone mentioned infighting too. :)

Don't understand all the secrecy though. Give us a trailer dammit.

Posted on 18 Jul 2014, 17:09:08 BST
If anyone is going to be able to game run at 1080p 60fps on the x1 it'll be Id. Just look how good RAGE ran on the 360 and it's awesome graphics!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jul 2014, 17:29:01 BST
Bunga says:
Have to say I was very impressed with Rage on 360 as well. Pity the engine didn't really stand up on PC though.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jul 2014, 17:34:25 BST
The engine was fine, it was RAGE itself that didn't hold up, the textures were low res and oversized, which caused too much pop in, if you download some mods it fixes these issues and makes it look lovely

Posted on 19 Jul 2014, 13:26:59 BST
Avatouir says:
Some parts of Wolfenstein are like that too. The gunner section from level one on Uber often had bits of plane flying around obscuring your view. Not a game breaker though
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  18 Jul 2014
Latest post:  19 Jul 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.