Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Drake Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

lovefilm - 20 quid amazon voucher

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 144 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 May 2011, 12:24:49 BST
MF says:
Just received an email for 30day trial for lovefilm and receive a £20 amazon voucher -- anyone else had or done this ... how easy is it to cancel the subscription when the trial is up ? Thanks.

Posted on 27 May 2011, 12:27:47 BST
Barca says:
The Lovefilm trial is very easy to cancel. As long as you remember to cancel before the end of the 30 days then you're sorted. I've done a few trials with them over the last couple of years.

Sounds like a good deal.

Posted on 27 May 2011, 12:39:00 BST
MF says:
Thanks mate ...will give it a bash.

Posted on 27 May 2011, 12:45:39 BST
MF says:
link if anyone wants to jump on it - http://www.lovefilm.com/partnership/lfam1520e

Posted on 27 May 2011, 12:46:30 BST
Lokious says:
I've had this offer.... However, I was only offered a £15 voucher... my mate was offered a £20 and another mate £15... Am I not worthy of a £20 voucher Amazon you tight gits!!!!!

Posted on 27 May 2011, 12:58:56 BST
Question: if you use LoveFilm through your PS3 does it download or stream? If it streams then is the quality OK? And can you get games through your PS3 or is it post only?

Posted on 27 May 2011, 13:15:52 BST
I resently done the love film deal with £15 voucher. The two main terms i read were;

You must have at least 10 film on your list at all times

The voucher will be sent after the first months payment is taken from your account.

Posted on 27 May 2011, 13:21:26 BST
MF says:
si - stick about 50 items on your list and your laughing-- only doing it for the voucher really .. not arsed what films , games i get

Posted on 27 May 2011, 13:53:32 BST
The bad thing about Lovefilm.. when i tried to cancel i had to ring up a call centre that was not within the UK... i had to say "No thanks id like to cancel" about 6 times before they gave up and cancelled it lol.

Posted on 27 May 2011, 13:57:17 BST
Tim says:
When I did it the woman cancelled no problem, just asked why I was cancelling and I told her it was only a trial.

I got offered the £20 voucher too, and have been offered 2 months for the price of 1.

Posted on 27 May 2011, 14:05:54 BST
"The bad thing about Lovefilm.. when i tried to cancel i had to ring up a call centre that was not within the UK... i had to say "No thanks id like to cancel" about 6 times before they gave up and cancelled it lol."

You can cancel online, so no need to phone anyone up.

Posted on 27 May 2011, 14:09:16 BST
Tim says:
Nah with the trial it gives you a number to ring when you click the cancel button, to maybe sway your decision I guess?

Posted on 27 May 2011, 14:12:15 BST
Yeah :(

Posted on 27 May 2011, 14:32:03 BST
Bunny says:
Same here but did the £10 voucher and had to call up to cancel. Also had to chase them up for the voucher as it was not sent even thought they told me it had been. Still got it in the end though

Posted on 27 May 2011, 14:35:46 BST
"Nah with the trial it gives you a number to ring when you click the cancel button, to maybe sway your decision I guess?"

Kinda wrong. Lovefilm do that with most accounts. Wait until their helpline closes (9pm?) and then you can cancel online.

Posted on 27 May 2011, 14:43:02 BST
Tim says:
That may be the case but I'm positive I tried late at night and still was told ring this number to finish cancelling.

Posted on 27 May 2011, 14:58:55 BST
It was the case for me and mates of mine. There's a few articles on hotukdeals which give the web address and times.

Posted on 1 Jun 2011, 16:31:24 BST
Trigger says:
I tried to do this earlier (with a £15 deal I saw on this here site when I was browsing earlier), but it wouldn't let me as I used to rent with them and have used my debit card previously.

Lill is right about cancelling online when their call centre's closed - it's how I did it before. Just make it late at night and you should be fine.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jun 2011, 16:47:36 BST
if you cancel 2 early you wont get voucher . lovefilm is great as you can rent games , make to lists one for games and one for movies .My subscription is £15 ... unlimited games and movies highly recomned it

Posted on 1 Jun 2011, 17:03:15 BST
Trigger says:
I read the T&Cs not an hour ago, and it said all you need to do to qualify for the voucher is put at least 10 items on your rental list and have one DVD be posted to you. I'll bet they wait for the trial period to end before sending it though.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2011, 14:28:08 BST
Gavin Shaw says:
I'd presume that you could actually stream movies through a PS3, although whether or not Lovefilm did or would actually risk connecting to a PS3 given the recent security issues, then that's another matter altogether. If they did, and still do allow their content to be streamed through PS3 Consoles, then whether or not you'll be able to view or hear the video and audio will largely be based on the actual format of file Lovefilm streams thier content in, and even then, it may be that you don't have the Audio

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2011, 14:38:30 BST
[Deleted by Amazon on 15 Nov 2011, 19:09:35 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2011, 14:52:45 BST
Gavin Shaw says:
I did the same, and used the same debit card previously used, and I got through it ok.

There could be a few reasons as to why you may not be able to sign up a 2nd time (and go unnoticed), one of which is that they keep previous customers debit\credit card details on file for a period of 3 months. This is so that they can claim back any money they have lost sue to either a customer damaging or losing a disc etc, So, if it's been less then 3 months since you last used Lovefilm, then that is the reason as to why you are not being allowed to join. I would imagine that if it is actually pulling you up over existing debit\credit card details, then either it's not been 3 months since you first signed up, or they are holding your bank details (which until you actually delete the old account) means that even though you may not use the service, then had you of cancelled the account, rather then use the
"take a payment holiday" option, then this information which is prohibiting you from signing up, is information that should of been wiped of their systems due to the data protection act, which states that companies can not store customers personal information for any longer then it is actually required.
The fact that I've signed up previously before, and know it's been longer then 3 months since I last used the service, means that it cannot be Debit or Credit Card details that they actually check in order to prevent 2nd time accounts from being made. The only thing I did enter differently, was my email address, you have to give your real name still, as obviously it will need to match the credit \ debit card holders name and address. So with that said, try signing up again using another email address, then if that does not work, then you just have to sit back and wait for the 3 months to pass by (or if they have, cancel your old account, which then means they cannot store your information from that point onwards) and in turn would mean their system would not have records of you on file as a previous customer, and therefore would not flag you when trying to sign up again :-)>

Posted on 8 Jun 2011, 19:27:23 BST
Last edited by the author on 8 Jun 2011, 19:28:01 BST
ermmm! Make sure you do cancel on like 28 days or earlier because they will charge you for the free trial.. then you won't have saved by getting the free voucher.

Posted on 8 Jun 2011, 19:55:23 BST
I tried them out and cancelled after 2 months - it generally took them 4 days from posting to dropping through my letterbox which seriously restricts the amount of movies you can rent. I have returned to Sky movies and so far so good.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  85
Total posts:  144
Initial post:  27 May 2011
Latest post:  1 Mar 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers