Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

I can see why other journalists don't interact with people on forums.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 140 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Nov 2012, 22:20:24 GMT
Kirk Mckeand says:
I wasn't going to rise to the immaturity of the thread created about me, but I just want to clear a few things up. Firstly, immaturity has been a word often thrown about to describe my behaviour, so I find the thread extremely ironic. It seems to be the same handful of people targeting me. Now I wouldn't mind a bit of criticism, it makes you better after all, but "your reviews are sub par" isn't a very intelligent debate is it. Also, someone mentioned commission on site hits, you are poorly misinformed I'm afraid, I wish I got commission. As I've said before I just want people to see them as I work my ass off on them. People complained originally and I refused to conform to rules that were placed by self-imposed forum police. After consideration and much more interaction with the community, I decided to do it as I could see why people may get annoyed with it. Yet still the insults come. This proves certain people have a problem with me and it isn't down to how I post, maybe you don't see me as the same, but I do, I'm just a guy who likes games and likes sharing his thoughts with people, it's up to them if they read or not. When this all started I singled out Wayne as the main antagonist, yet as soon as I stopped doing what was annoying him, he stopped complaining and he has been the most mature throughout, in retrospect. The others however seem to have the mental age of my son, you know who you are. Following me around and downvoting everything I say, regardless of subject, you really should consider what you are doing with your life.

Posted on 26 Nov 2012, 22:42:02 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 28 Nov 2012, 01:46:40 GMT]

Posted on 26 Nov 2012, 22:50:37 GMT
Dont understand what happened to be honest, that came out of nowhere as the internet is a wonderful place where people can say things they would never dream of in the real world.

A bit sad really.

Posted on 26 Nov 2012, 23:00:59 GMT
Kurt says:
I no why, this whole forum is going downhill! The decent people who spend time out of there day to post informative information (about games we alll play) get mocked for nothing more than 'kicks'. Keyboard warriers seem to be rife on this sight atm and many regulars are even turning on each other. I read your reviews kirk, not because your a member, but because i find you post a different insight to the usual mundane single minded reviews! I dont even speak to you on this site but feel compelled to have my say when i feel someone is being victimised for no reason. Most people i speak to now communicate elsewhere as mates and only post here every now and again and we all seem to agree the forums going down the pits.

Posted on 26 Nov 2012, 23:04:13 GMT
Kirk, seriously you're just playing into their hands. Just ignore the haters. Now all your reviews are in the 'reviews' thread I can't see you having such a bad experience on here -I think the upvoters will outweigh the downvoters.

Let them waste their time on voting you down and being immature; you obviously can use your time far more productively.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 23:05:10 GMT
Kirk Mckeand says:
It's a shame really, as there are some sound people on here. I've said it once and I will say it again, they are being overshadowed by a vocal and brainless minority.

Posted on 26 Nov 2012, 23:32:15 GMT
It is all very simple - it started because some people mistook your threads for spam - it caused rows - trolls moved in to provoke emotional responses - especially pitiful that Mozza chose to troll you as he has promoted his own creative work on the forums too.

I hate thread titles that pick out individuals and think it is a highly childish thing to do bordering on bullying - even under the guise of trolling - so I sympathise with you lashing out at it. However - honestly - you are a regular here now anyway (it really does not take much at all!) so just crack on and let the cr@p rise to the surface all on it's own.

Posted on 26 Nov 2012, 23:36:29 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Nov 2012, 08:49:55 GMT
Solar Fox says:
I agree Kirk. The scales are tipping the other way now. I don't see you being like you were before, but i can't help but feel it's your reactive nature to this forum in the recent past that may be the catylist for these recent digs at you. Certain individuals like to antagonise a reaction from you as they probably find it funny to see you react in the way you do.

From my point of view there's also individuals that keep blowing smoke up your backside that need to keep the praise of your reviews (as good as they are) to a certain level. I think alittle jealously is creeping in with the antagonists. Everybody wants abit of attention on a forum, and when someone like yourself steals the limelight then it creates envy, jealously or just a basic annoyance. Especially since you have pretty much come from nowhere to Amazon's superstar reviewer.

People love an underdog, but hate a showoff. Keep to your thread and keep putting the reviews and short stories on there that you enjoy. Do the positive things, and don't dwell or concern yourself with the negativity on here. To go back to spamming the forum with cries of frustration will only perpetuate the problem.

Posted on 26 Nov 2012, 23:50:48 GMT
Kirk Mckeand says:
Sound advice, it will be the last I say on the matter, I just wanted to get my view across before we put it to bed.

Posted on 27 Nov 2012, 00:22:42 GMT
djburty says:
one other thing to note is that the no votes are anonymous and anyone who has access to amazon can use them - i don't think you even need an account? it may be that the people following you around are the actual age of your son - i always imagine that pmds are 12 years old or younger - there certainly seems more no votes in school holidays :)

Posted on 27 Nov 2012, 07:28:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Nov 2012, 07:36:37 GMT
AndyBSG says:
Pathetic.

I was one of those who found Kirk's spamming of ads for his gaming site distasteful and when that was followed by his juvenile poo threads and spamming one line comments in nearly every thread on the forum I found that childish and immature at best.

However, starting a thread naming him merely to promote a bit of victimisation is simply trolling and bullying.

Posted on 27 Nov 2012, 08:51:35 GMT
Keep up the good work Kirk and like others have said, ignore being marked down and others targeting you.

Posted on 27 Nov 2012, 09:11:07 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 27 Nov 2012, 09:24:23 GMT]

Posted on 27 Nov 2012, 09:56:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Nov 2012, 10:22:28 GMT
? says:
Honestly kirk, take Lills advice and don't rise to it. I know it's hard to ignore at times but trust me the down voting means absolutely nothing. If you ignore it chances are anyone with issues will have forgotten them in a few days. If they haven't that says more about them than it does you.

Your right about the fact I found your review threads annoying. I just felt it was a little distasteful promoting your work with little or no other input into the forums community. It was pointed out that your a regular in the ps3 clan but your not really regular with the forum in general. I'm in no way an authority about who can post and what they can post I was just expressing my opinion. Seems like theirs a few around these parts that are all for freedom of speech if it's nothing but positivity but express a negative opinion and your jumped all over.

As you've been keeping your reviews to just one thread I've noticed you get a good crowd in that thread and I've even read a couple of your reviews. Found them pretty good to be honest. Theirs some pointers I could give but I'll not go into them here.

Ignore prats like mozza who seem to try and wind people up when they are bored. Plus I don't think hunter should jump to your defence every time someone is negative so he can beat his drum about forum bullying but overall kirk I'd say good show for trying to become a part of this community despite one or two knobs.

Posted on 27 Nov 2012, 10:08:03 GMT
Datolite says:
I find it ridiculous that you're complaining about people calling you immature when you spammed the forum with threads titled, I Had a Poo and something else about poo. You didn't make it easy for yourself, but do we really need all of these threads about you/reviews/bullying? Not just aimed at you Kirk.

Could we just drop it?

I reckon you should make a thread called 'Kirks Reviews' or something like 'Kirks Killer Reviews' and just post the reviews there. That way people who want to read your reviews know where they are and they will all be in one place instead of multiple threads.

Just my two cents.

Posted on 27 Nov 2012, 10:12:30 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Nov 2012, 10:13:26 GMT
AstroMonkey says:
I've got to agree with Wayne. Nobody wants to hear anything negative around here but will preach free speech as long as it's all sunshine.

Basically I would just ignore it and do what you want Kirk, people are jumping on you for your poo articles (see above) although anyone with half a brain cell could clearly see you created them as a response to the absolute negative drivel that was being aimed at you. This is skirted over though and only used to highlight your `immaturity' You've tried to appease people by creating articles not about your reviews and then also doing as suggested and keeping them all in the one thread but the truth is it doesn't matter what you do people are going to neg you until they accept you're not going anywhere.

Where is the forum police when this injustice is happening I ask? To busy on the what are you eating now in 1080p thread I'd bet to notice this injustice.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2012, 10:14:14 GMT
Datolite says:
I don't think that creating poo threads is the way to show people you're rising above the negativeness aimed at you.

Posted on 27 Nov 2012, 10:17:36 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Nov 2012, 10:18:37 GMT
AstroMonkey says:
No but you highlighting it as why he is getting a rough ride either means you only know half the story and have jumped on the bandwagon anyway or you are being a manipulative ball sack. IMHO.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2012, 10:20:16 GMT
Datolite says:
It's one of the reasons as to why he might be getting a bit of a worse ride? It's not the best thing to do when people complain you're filling the forum with reviews no-one wants to read. Not my opinion but it's been said.

I appreciate he's been targeted and that's not on, but spitting his dummy out and making those threads doesn't exactly promote himself in a good light, does it?

Posted on 27 Nov 2012, 10:25:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Nov 2012, 10:32:50 GMT
AstroMonkey says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2012, 10:36:08 GMT
Datolite says:
I haven't ran him down on every article, at all. Have I ran him down on this article? No. I've actually come out in support of him, so please read again.

What do you expect from this thread? This thread is just him wanting more attention because it's settled down. There was no need for this thread to further magnify the issue that has happened and that, I thought, was resolved.

Posted on 27 Nov 2012, 10:42:32 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Nov 2012, 10:43:19 GMT
AstroMonkey says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2012, 10:50:34 GMT
That post seems to have been deleted now.....

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2012, 10:55:33 GMT
Datolite says:
It's been once, and it was on his first thread as he was offending a friend of mine which then led to an argument between Kirk and I, so yes, I don't like the guy, but have I been constantly negative, no, have I been bullying Kirk, no. There are people who've done/said a lot more than I have, I'm not clean in all of this, I know, but jeez AM.

Yes, I have, so why would he need to start this one and have a whole 'nother thread about things. Just let it go and move on. Some people are going to like you some are not. I've already agreed it's not on to be calling him out, but I didn't see you being so defensive on the Wayne thread.

Believe what you want Astro, I'm not going to argue with you.

Posted on 27 Nov 2012, 10:56:07 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 27 Nov 2012, 11:00:36 GMT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  36
Total posts:  140
Initial post:  26 Nov 2012
Latest post:  28 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.