Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Games with Gold on Xbox one, and putting off buying games in case they become free

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Jun 2014, 16:20:18 BST
Last edited by the author on 23 Jun 2014, 16:21:24 BST
Mr Muggles says:
Not going to get into the whole 'free' vs 'rent' argument here, but for those people with Xbox Ones and a Gold membership, now that Games With Gold has come to the One, are you finding yourself putting off buying games in case they are given away in a later month?

Wanted to get Super Time Force, but I find myself holding off, thinking that there isn't much Microsoft published so far, so maybe something like Super Time Force and Peggle might end up on next months list, or the month after that, and who knows I might end up waiting so long I don't even buy it at all, whereas on the 360 I was buying a lot of Arcade titles on release.

It's like the problem with the PS3 and people just waiting for stuff to become free instead of paying for it, is also now on the One...

Posted on 23 Jun 2014, 18:13:35 BST
I haven't got a XB1, but there's been a few games I've done it with PS+. How I see it is I'm never going to buy those games at RD, they're usually games that look interesting but I'd wait for a price drop. I presume (don't actually know for a fact) that Sony pay the publishers to get their game as a free PS+ game. So they're probably not losing a lot of money (if any). The other thing is I think it's good for the games in the long run. I played XCOM free then bought Enemy Within because I enjoyed it so much. I know a couple of people I encouraged to give Borderlands a punt since it was free on PS+. They both went on to buy Borderlands 2 on release. After enjoying Sleeping Dogs I know I'll buy their next game (Triad Wars) on release.

Posted on 23 Jun 2014, 19:26:37 BST
howmuch75 says:
I've been angry about this since they started it on the xbone.at least Sony give you new games !

Posted on 23 Jun 2014, 19:29:08 BST
The Brotherhood game given away by X1 this month is far better than any of the PS4 offerings up to now.

Posted on 23 Jun 2014, 21:14:03 BST
Avatouir says:
A don't think Sony give you brand new games but ast years free titles did include Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Contracts, Borderlands, Uncharted, Motorstorm Apocalypse and Farcry 3 amongst it's freebies.
PS4 hasn't had so many AAA titles yet but Resogun, Contrast and Outlast have been worth a punt.
If Xbox live Gold can match that it would be worth it
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  23 Jun 2014
Latest post:  23 Jun 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.