Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

So the VGA game of the year award nominees have been announced, what game do you want to win?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Dec 2012, 18:50:27 GMT
Jay says:
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/gv8arf/video-game-awards-2012-vga-2012--game-of-the-year-nominees

I really want Journey to win, not since the original Metroid Prime have I been that impressed with a game.

Posted on 7 Dec 2012, 20:41:49 GMT
Journey that good?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2012, 21:14:17 GMT
Hunter says:
Journey is a brilliant piece of gaming. You start in a desert region and are heading to the top of a mountain. That's it.
There is no killing of others, no need to save a princess, no driving cars, no fighting, no nuclear threat, no army to battle.
It's so much better if you can play through it in one sitting with no distractions (about 4/5 hours or so)
You have no way to talk to anyone you meet except to show a symbol above your head and you are with them until you/they leave the level.
You can play each level alone (just sign out from PSN) or if you are online you can usually play through with someone else although you can't choose who they are as it's always random. Each level can throw up someone different or sometimes it's the same person all the way through the game.
You have a scarf that get's longer during the game by collecting symbols in the game and it's length determines how high/far you can jump/float. The longer the scarf the further you can go.
If you manage to collect them all you get the elusive white scarf that gives you the furthest/longest jump and can help grab a trophy or 2 if you want them all.
I would recommend getting it since it's fairly unique in the world of gaming.

Posted on 8 Dec 2012, 04:31:11 GMT
Jay says:
The Walking Dead won, that probably would have been my second choice.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  7 Dec 2012
Latest post:  8 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.