Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

What Are You Currently Playing Part 5: Remastered Edition

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2014, 15:54:06 BST
Last edited by the author on 11 Jul 2014, 16:00:05 BST
Bunga says:
***ARKHAM CITY SPOILERS***

Strange knew Bruce Wayne was Batman and so got him thrown into Arkham City like everyone else who was a threat/problem to his plans (such as the political prisoners). I'm still not sure on how he knew he was Batman though?

***SPOILER END***

Posted on 11 Jul 2014, 15:55:10 BST
Mat, wait for the white one, you had your heart set on it ;).

Posted on 11 Jul 2014, 16:02:46 BST

right...but even so its not Strange who decides to lock people up.Its the Law. He´s just the place manager. Which brings me again to...why was he imprisioned? For speaking? Being Bruce a bilionaire wouldnt his laywers get over that easily? I never got through that so i never bought the whole Arkham City thing from the begining and the whole thing felt "false" to me if you know what i mean.

***SPOILER END***

Posted on 11 Jul 2014, 16:09:22 BST
chris says:
Nah. Why wait? Watch Dogs is worth playing as is Wolfenstein (by all accounts). Why put it off for something superficial? I agree it's tasty looking but so to is the black and it's classier. If the funds are there why put it off?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2014, 16:11:02 BST
Bunga says:

I may be wrong but I don't think Bruce was arrested, the same for a lot of others put into Arkham City - they were kidnapped. Bruce was giving his speech and guards came in with tear gas and take him. You meet others through the course of the game who have no idea how they got into Arkham City but some of those are to do with Joker rather than Strange so I could be wrong.

Strange (or more accurately Al Ghul) had Quincy Sharpe, the warden of Arkham in his backpocket so that definitely helps in getting folks in.

***SPOILER END***

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2014, 16:22:28 BST

If he was kidnapped then it makes more sense. But he could just go to a front gate and ask the guards to come out as im sure everyone would be looking for him? or am i being too picky?
I thought of it cause after my 2 or 3 attepmt i had to try to find a reason for the game not clicking. And i started to blame it on the plot. I felt like they were forcing me a plot that i just wastn buying.
Hope im not boring you to death Bunga. lol

***SPOILER END***

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2014, 16:28:35 BST
Bunga says:

Haha no no, it's helping me remember what actually happened as well. I suppose Bruce could have gone up to a gate and done that but he's Batman and needed to sort out what was happening in there lol, so he got Alfred to drop in his gear.

***SPOILER END***

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2014, 16:38:25 BST

Maybe...makes sense. But what doenst make sense is giving part of a city to criminals and their weapons, leave them inside to plot all they want and get surprised if they want to take over the rest of the city. I mean...they´re criminals. lol
Oh man...i guess if they had put them on an island and call the game Arkahm Island it all would have made more sense and the whole open world thing would had worked a lot better.
***SPOILER END***

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2014, 16:44:00 BST
Bunga says:
I suppose that's kind of what Asylum was mate, the Asylum is on an island off from Gotham. It was just too small for their vision for a sequel where things (arguably) have to be made 'bigger and better' and they didn't really have the resources to make an Arkham Knight kind of game - likely console hardware restrictions.

I wonder how else they could have created a sandbox area around Gotham but limited off streets etc?

Posted on 11 Jul 2014, 16:44:15 BST
MF says:
Lol -- I think adam just doesnt want to loose me just yet :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2014, 16:50:02 BST
yeah. I get that. but still...something never felt right. Even when i finished the game i thought "so...Gotham justice washed up its hands and let rapists, pedophiles, murderers etc walkign freely doing their thing as long their inside some walls. Then again...its what happens anyway in prisons...of darn... i just dont like the game. I want my mama!! lol

Posted on 11 Jul 2014, 16:50:14 BST
Is it that obvious? ;)

Amazon are returning Blops 2 to me :( - apparently I've sent the 'wrong edition'... whatever that means :\.

Posted on 11 Jul 2014, 16:52:38 BST
Bunga says:
Haha fair enough, its a daft idea for a prison thats for sure!!

Posted on 11 Jul 2014, 16:57:43 BST
Last edited by the author on 11 Jul 2014, 16:58:53 BST
Arkham Sewers would work too..at least i could replay that awesome croc part.

Enyone played Parasite Eve? i think its on the psn. Not sure if its remastered or not but i´ve read that its an awesome survival horror.

Posted on 11 Jul 2014, 17:54:40 BST
[Deleted by Amazon on 29 Jul 2016, 07:06:36 BST]

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2014, 18:07:23 BST
I thought the white PS4 looks pretty good, but each to their own :)

Posted on 11 Jul 2014, 18:07:46 BST
MF says:
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Posted on 11 Jul 2014, 18:10:49 BST
Personally I want a purple PS4... Don't know why but I do :P

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2014, 18:12:05 BST
Last edited by the author on 11 Jul 2014, 18:21:04 BST
Bunga says:
@Ness - I picked up Origins on Steam for about a fiver during the summer sales so its ready to go. I've had my fill of sandbox/open world games for now though. Gonna try and find something more linear - Metro 2033 is staring me in the face just now but The Darkness II (not played the first game) is also a contender.

I will return to Origins when I won't have a chance to get burnt out on the franchise.

Posted on 11 Jul 2014, 18:13:09 BST
MF says:
Hello next gen:-)

Posted on 11 Jul 2014, 18:18:40 BST
Apparently today is 'anybodywhobuysanextgenconsoleisabumderday' bear that in mind mat ;).

Me and Adam are keeping ps3 alive, our legends will never die (what game is that from? little quiz for you good people).

Posted on 11 Jul 2014, 18:29:52 BST
Mat there's a special Frozen (as in the animated film) version of the PS4 available in Japan. Import one of those Mat.

Posted on 11 Jul 2014, 18:30:50 BST
MF says:
Too late!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2014, 18:37:37 BST
[Deleted by Amazon on 29 Jul 2016, 07:06:36 BST]

Posted on 11 Jul 2014, 18:39:44 BST
Get a Bloodborne one as I heard the controllers will be tougher and have extra padding.

for when you throw it :D
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  70
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  8 Jul 2014
Latest post:  3 Feb 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers