Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

It's The Fighting Game Thread!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 911 posts in this discussion
Posted on 4 Jan 2013, 09:50:46 GMT
ShopTo are selling it for £20, but it's currently back-ordered on there. The next best price is £25 on here and on the Game website.

Posted on 4 Jan 2013, 09:59:57 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jan 2013, 10:00:23 GMT
It was on the 12 days of christmas i think Fred, not sure though.

Great games with Ant aand Robson last night, then Robson and myself went into ranked matches, for some a$$ wooping 2v2 games. Lost most of them but got a couple of wins, got to rank 20, and the bonus was getting the no deaths trophy. yay me. Then finished off the night with some games with Nick,who also handed us our a$$, even on a 2v1. Good times.

Posted on 4 Jan 2013, 12:06:25 GMT
Telik says:
I'm going to have to play PS All Stars more often to get into some online play.

Posted on 4 Jan 2013, 13:23:27 GMT
Robson, a video detailing the changes coming to SFxT - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA97cOMk9rI

Posted on 4 Jan 2013, 13:45:01 GMT
Thanks Adam - I will look later (not at suitable PC) - I am looking forward to this patch as it will make quite a big change to the actual fights by the look of things.

Posted on 7 Jan 2013, 10:52:43 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jan 2013, 10:55:57 GMT
Nowgamer have posted a brief interview NetherRealm producer Adam Urbano on "Injustice: Gods Among Us" - it's a fighter baced in the DC Universe and looks like it's building on the MK9 engine with a bit less gore, interaction with scenery (A bit and character specific) and improved netcode. Also the issue of "compatability packs" is being addressed - be interesting to see how DLC is managed with this one as there is potential for lots of micro stuff with something like this.

Posted on 10 Jan 2013, 20:50:24 GMT
Telik says:
I ordered Anarchy Reigns today so when it arrives I would be more than happy to play online with others from here who have/are getting the game.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jan 2013, 22:17:38 GMT
Yes definately up for that - being able to team up is a really good feature - send me an fr if your not on my list allready.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jan 2013, 22:52:34 GMT
Telik says:
Tried sending a fr on PSN but your list is full lol.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jan 2013, 23:47:15 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Jan 2013, 00:14:55 GMT
Will delete a naredowell tonight bud!
Edit- tis done

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jan 2013, 02:14:57 GMT
Telik says:
Sent. Hopefully I will have the game by Saturday or Monday at the latest.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jan 2013, 11:21:21 GMT
Mr K says:
@ Robson, Telik
How are you guys, not been on this site for a while. Have gone and bought Anarchy Reigns (can't be bad for 18 quid, I hope!). Didn't get a chance to play last night but hopefully will over the weekend. Look forward to having a bash online with you guys.

I think you're both on my fr list.

Posted on 11 Jan 2013, 14:58:51 GMT
Hey Mr K.

Reviews are coming in for Anarchy Reigns and are broadly possitive if a little hesitant to bestow greatness on it - Destructoids is the best I have read so far - Nowgamer's is worth a read though the writer needs to learn what a pun actually is (just using the same word with exactly the same meaning twice is not one).

I like the game personally - it is no instant classic but it is fun and the fighting works well - reckon that a few of us on a team could have a decent evenings brawling.

Hoping my DmC turns up tomorrow - looking forward to that big time.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jan 2013, 15:03:28 GMT
Eurogamer's review was very positive too.

Also, bought PS All Stars so will up for some games on that with anyone playing it when I've had a bit more practice.

Posted on 11 Jan 2013, 15:57:27 GMT
? says:
I've grabbed a copy of anarchy reigns on my way home from work tonight. Looks a lot of fun and for 20 notes I can't grumble at the price.

Are most of the posters on this thread ps3 folk? I love my fighting games but they never last long for me as no one on my Xbox friends list ever really plays them.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jan 2013, 15:58:56 GMT
Datolite says:
I know two people from Xbawks have it, Wayne.

Posted on 11 Jan 2013, 16:04:09 GMT
? says:
That's good news, cheers Freddie. I did have a glance over the 360 thread but I've been so busy the last few days that there was about 6 pages of posts I hadn't read so I skimmed through them. I remember Rich saying he was getting this but didn't really see any else say much about the game.

Posted on 11 Jan 2013, 16:04:19 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Jan 2013, 16:04:39 GMT
The fighting game thread is platform nuetral! The Anarchy Reigns stuff above is on PS3 but see my first post for my Xbox fighting games (I end up owning most on both platforms)

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jan 2013, 16:05:14 GMT
Datolite says:
I think John did too, but don't quote me.

Posted on 11 Jan 2013, 16:05:26 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 11 Jan 2013, 16:06:48 GMT]

Posted on 11 Jan 2013, 16:09:47 GMT
? says:
I hardly ever see you on the Xbox these days Robson and most of the people who post in this thread seem to be either ps3 only folk or seem to buy the latest fighting games only on ps3. Don't see may xboxers posting in here which is why I asked.

Fighting games are way more fun when you've got a group of mates to join in.

Posted on 11 Jan 2013, 16:11:41 GMT
"I hardly ever see you on the Xbox these days Robson"

true PS3 is my go to - but I am Xbox now playing SSFIV!

Posted on 12 Jan 2013, 01:23:26 GMT
Played some Anarchy Reigns tonight and liking it more and more - what it does it does really well imo. Played some co-op tonight, fighting waves of enemies in a time limit and it was really good fun; reckon with a few comms it could be even better. It lacks depth for sure but makes up for it with a wide range of characters and big open levels that are easy to navigate.

Posted on 12 Jan 2013, 02:11:02 GMT
? says:
I'm finding anarchy reigns a bit crap to be honest. Seems a bit samey and repetative. The story is just bonkers and I have no idea whats going on.

The graphics are rubbish, but overall I just find it all a bit boring. The fighting is reasonably satisfying I suppose in small doses but I dont think i'll stick with this for too long.

It feels like a melee version of earth defence force.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jan 2013, 10:27:49 GMT
The sp is certainly not to write home about but I am finding the mp really good - don't have any issue with the graphics at at al, to me it looks very nearly unreal 3, and there is zero slowdown even with multiple insane moves all going on at once. Last night 3 of us took on about 10 of those giant croc creatures at once and it was a total rush.

Can't see me playing it for years like but definately one I will play a good bit of, it is certainly the best attempt at online mp brawling I have played.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  45
Total posts:  911
Initial post:  31 Dec 2012
Latest post:  1 Aug 2017

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers