Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

It's The Fighting Game Thread!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 908 posts in this discussion
Posted on 31 Dec 2012, 18:03:17 GMT
Bauer says:
Are you welcome even if your crap at them ? I mean really crap? Are you also welcome if u find games like Street Fighter 4 so annoying that U march it back to blockbusters after just an hour of play and then proceed to threatened the cashier with a spinning bird kick of You don't get a full refund ?

Posted on 31 Dec 2012, 18:29:19 GMT
MF says:
would you say Tokyo Jungle is a fighting game ?

Posted on 31 Dec 2012, 19:06:48 GMT
Bauer - that casual reference to the spinning bird kick more than qualifies you - it is the people who were not frustrated by the original un nerfed Seth that worry me!

@MF - yes I would say Tokyo Jungle is a fighting game - in fact the fighting game thread is not precious about the genre in any case

Posted on 31 Dec 2012, 19:16:48 GMT
MF says:
Theres only one rule in the fighting game thread ... :-)
I loved tokyo jungle but best games for me were tekken tag and soul caliber back in the day , ive got mortal kombat unplayed on my shelf for over a year ... might dust it off.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Dec 2012, 19:38:48 GMT
There is a great hd version of the original Soul Calibur on Xbox Live. The hd remake of Tekken Tagg has just about the best special ed of any fight game I have....

MK9 has fight rooms so we could have a RATS night on it if folk are keen.

Posted on 31 Dec 2012, 19:41:46 GMT
MF says:
i'd be up for it ...but I am shite at fighting games !
My early days with my mrs were spent drinking lots of red wine , tekken tag and the other thing ..... happy days !!

Posted on 31 Dec 2012, 20:32:04 GMT
Solar Fox says:
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown i've had the most fun with this gen. I just wish I had more time to master VF though. I can hold my own in most online bouts but there's some real hardcore experts out there that can unleash some devastating combos and unblockable moves in an instant.

What fighting game have you guys had the most fun with so far this gen?

Posted on 31 Dec 2012, 21:19:24 GMT
Telik says:
Main fighting games I have right now are PS All Stars and DOA5 both for ps3, though I will have MK in the next ps+ update.

Posted on 31 Dec 2012, 21:44:34 GMT
Did not play enough VF5 despite it being free - for me Street Fighter has been the most played but tbh I like all that I have mentioned. I played some MK9 online last month and was torn a new one by the players still on it - a private friends night might be a good laugh though - no big deals about wins or losses just play the characters and enjoy....could do the same with ps all stars...

Posted on 31 Dec 2012, 23:37:56 GMT
Telik says:
DOA5 can also have a lobby with upto 16 players, you can also set it to work as a tournament which is kinda cool.

Posted on 1 Jan 2013, 20:35:09 GMT
Played a couple online rounds of Anarchy Reigns today - it was me, a level 1, and 7 Japanese level 50's! A major plus was the lack of lag - every J players was one bar and everything felt fine.The game itself is chaotic but amongst it all there is room for a bit of gameplay, however while focusing on one player another can run up behind you and either attack direct or through a car tyre around you and immobilize you for a few seconds! The maps are huge and multi leveled but slides, elevators and giant fans make getting about a breeze.

In the first game I started with five straight kills and thought I was a master showing the level 50's how to play - but it all went to hell after that! Still it is interesting and fun to play - hopefully it will a decent euro community.

Posted on 2 Jan 2013, 11:20:05 GMT
C says:
What's the feeling towards PS All Stars? does it have a good, active community? is the online stable? did enjoy Smash Bros on the N64.

Posted on 2 Jan 2013, 11:34:50 GMT
I'm not a fan of fighting games but love PS All Stars, i'll give MK9 a go as well but i can never remember combos, i'm the annoying person that finds one know down move then spams it with you in a corner.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2013, 11:45:22 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 Jan 2013, 11:45:29 GMT
Nick says:
Like Si I love All Stars. The online is stable, and there's plenty of stuff to unlock. There's a decent community too.
If you liked Smash Bros, you will probably enjoy it.

Posted on 2 Jan 2013, 12:03:11 GMT
I am not an expert on Smash Brothers so can't make a good comparison but I definately like PS All Stars - I have had no problems finding fights (bar a few connection issues that are due to be patched). Even though it is a bit chaotic at times every character has a decent set of moves that you need to be familier with to get the best out of - every move is executed with the same button presses but the result is variable (ie LP LP is a combo for every single character but the range and effect will vary between each one) - it manages to be accessible and subtle (and most of all fun) at the same time. The stages are fantastic imo - possibly the best stages of any fighting game I have played tbf.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2013, 12:05:50 GMT
Nick says:
Plus, the new stage looks to be the best of them all!
I'm a huge Smash Bros fan and haven't found that getting in the way of me enjoying All Stars.
Melee is still better than All Stars, but All Stars is *much* better than Brawl.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2013, 12:07:00 GMT
"i can never remember combos"

lol - that is my biggest single failing and every time I am beat (especially Street Fighter) the reason is I fail to capitalise on my first connections - I have ranges of moves and short combos but whenever I try to memorise a big combo I find myself lossing the fight because I am desperately trying to get the opening low punch (or whatever) in. The only exception is Tekken because launch combo's are pretty straight forward - though the proper good Tekken players juggle me like a .... like an easily juggled thing.

Posted on 2 Jan 2013, 12:40:28 GMT
C says:
I have never really got in to fighting games due to the need to remember so many combos.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2013, 13:49:28 GMT
lol Robson...i think we might have some good battles.

Posted on 3 Jan 2013, 22:20:30 GMT
Nick says:
Robson, Si and I had some great games tonight, so I wonder if anyone who owns PS All Stars is interested in playing some games, we could organise it quite well if there was interest.
I'm really loving the game. The variety with supers is awesome.

Posted on 3 Jan 2013, 22:25:24 GMT
Yep - we had a great laugh tonight - I need to play lots more to equal some of the mad skills on display! Hopefully we can have some more nights on it soon.

Posted on 4 Jan 2013, 09:24:37 GMT
Just ordered PS All Stars from Game - it'd better be good Nick! :P

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2013, 09:29:05 GMT
Datolite says:
Wasn't PS All Stars a PS+ game recently?

Posted on 4 Jan 2013, 09:48:30 GMT
PS All Stars has not been on plus but can be picked up for £20 mark on PS3 - a steal if you also have a Vita!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2013, 09:49:26 GMT
Datolite says:
Hmm, there was some game with PS something on there, I'm sure! lol
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  44
Total posts:  908
Initial post:  31 Dec 2012
Latest post:  24 Jan 2017

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers