Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Amazing Spider-man (the game)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 67 posts in this discussion
Posted on 13 Jun 2012, 18:02:35 BST
RABB says:
Anyone ever play fight as a kid and when you were losing just come up with bigger, better, stronger powers?

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2012, 18:11:42 BST
"And in this fantasy world where we're believing he has magnified spider-webbing in his veins (which I honestly didn't know the strength/toughness of), why can't we believe he (who is a scientific genius)"

He's a school kid lol. Ok so a pretty smart school kid but I never saw Peter Parker as a scientific genius, certainly not the version nicholas Hammond played in the 1970's films lol

Posted on 13 Jun 2012, 18:14:58 BST
Solar Fox says:
"Anyone ever play fight as a kid and when you were losing just come up with bigger, better, stronger powers?"

You mean as a kid Rab, when you used to play with action figures. And one of you would say, 'Pretend my figure shot your figure in the head and he died'. Then the other would say, 'Then pretend my soldier figure fired a rocket launcher and blew up your jeep and 3 of your soldiers.'. Then the other would get upset, 'Hang on!, that's not fair. I only killed one of your soldiers!?'

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2012, 18:15:15 BST
[Deleted by Amazon on 29 Jul 2016, 03:12:33 BST]

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2012, 18:16:25 BST
RABB says:
Close. But not quite.

"My guy just shot your guy."
"Yeah well my guy has head armour."
"Yeah but these are superpowerful bullets."
"Yeah but my guy's got a forcefield!"

Posted on 13 Jun 2012, 18:19:04 BST
Icaruschips says:
"Academically gifted, Peter displayed an uncanny affinity for science that was nothing short of genius"

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Spider-Man_(Peter_Parker)#ixzz1xh7PnDJF

I'm going by the comics, as the new movie appears to be. I'd also take the comics word over the Raimi movies, personally.

Posted on 13 Jun 2012, 19:40:36 BST
Bauer says:
Not to drag it on but in Spidey 1 when they are on the school trip the woman talks about the different spiders and says one has a web that's so strong it's the equivalent of high tensile steel! .... Hence why Spidey's natural web is so strong!

As you said its discussion that goes back and forth, so will leave it there.

I do really hope the game is good!

Posted on 14 Jun 2012, 08:24:50 BST
"I'm going by the comics, as the new movie appears to be. I'd also take the comics word over the Raimi movies, personally."

Truth is, there is no right or wrong way. I read an article yesterday that described it better than anyone else has. These comics have been out for years and the Spider-man ones have been out since the 60's I believe. In that time, different generations and writers have played with Spidey and the universe he exists in. Same as they did with Superman, Batman, Captain America...Avengers...you name it.

The result is that you get many different variations of the hero. Even with the release of the Spider-man:Shattered Dimensions game you get the one I mentioned...Noir that exists in the past.

So it's pointless to say you would take the comics word over a movie as Raimi has created his own unique take on the character just like it was done in the comics.

We all have our own preference and there's nothing wrong with that. We do need to accept that this movie has been made with a different view in mind...BUT in the same vein as the last three were introduced to us.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2012, 09:51:40 BST
"He's a school kid lol."

I thought he was at college doing his doctorate in chemistry?

And anyway doesn't the future spidey in the comics produce his own webbing?

And also if we're going for what would be realistically pheasible wouldn't the expected result of being bitten by a radioactive spider be all his hair falling out and dying?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2012, 09:53:52 BST
I always enjoyed it in the cartoons where he began mutating into the human spider at times rather than spider man and had to find a cure for that. Thought that was a good spin on the down side of his super powers.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2012, 09:58:38 BST
"And anyway doesn't the future spidey in the comics produce his own webbing?"

What if spiderman had eight legs? Lol i liked that story, he did look quite a funny super hero.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2012, 11:03:50 BST
Icaruschips says:
"So it's pointless to say you would take the comics word over a movie as Raimi has created his own unique take on the character just like it was done in the comics.

We all have our own preference and there's nothing wrong with that. We do need to accept that this movie has been made with a different view in mind...BUT in the same vein as the last three were introduced to us."

That's what I said to begin with, the entire thing is circular.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2012, 11:08:14 BST
Last edited by the author on 14 Jun 2012, 11:08:45 BST
"I thought he was at college doing his doctorate in chemistry?"

The original premise of spiderman introduced to us in the 1960's comics was a 15 year old kid still in high school. Like most characters he's undergone a lot of changes over the years but most of the incarnations of Peter Parker I have seen (comics, cartoons etc) have him still as a school kid.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2012, 11:36:06 BST
"most of the incarnations of Peter Parker I have seen (comics, cartoons etc) have him still as a school kid."

Really? I've never seen him in anything apart from the Infinite universe as a school kid, he's always been a college kid or young adult in everything I've seen him in.

From Wiki

"Marvel has featured Spider-Man in several comic book series, the first and longest-lasting of which is titled The Amazing Spider-Man. Over the years, the Peter Parker character has developed from shy, nerdy high school student to troubled but outgoing college student, to married high school teacher to, in the late 2000s, a single freelance photographer, his most typical adult role."

Then on The Amazing Spiderman page:

"Parker began attending Empire State University in #31 (Dec. 1965)"

So since the mid sixties excluding spin offs spiderman's been college age or older. Although back to the original point I'm not sure if he was a school kid when he made his web shooters, I've not read the old comics but I'd guess he would've had to have been, I can't see them having several issues of spiderman without his web abilities.

Posted on 14 Jun 2012, 13:02:09 BST
[Deleted by Amazon on 29 Jul 2016, 03:12:53 BST]

Posted on 14 Jun 2012, 13:04:22 BST
Bauer says:
I love how geeky this thread is ... its great !

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2012, 13:09:55 BST
"This is possible by adding the silk producing genes of a spider to the gnome of a human: creating a bulletproof human."

Is the gnome the common garden variety and will it make a difference to the end result if it has a fishing rod or not?

Posted on 14 Jun 2012, 13:12:12 BST
[Deleted by Amazon on 29 Jul 2016, 03:13:03 BST]

Posted on 14 Jun 2012, 15:05:40 BST
[Deleted by Amazon on 29 Jul 2016, 03:13:35 BST]

Posted on 1 Jul 2012, 12:41:13 BST
Last edited by the author on 2 Jul 2012, 14:23:59 BST
Bauer says:
Fao Wayne and anyone else who likes Spider-Man games i definitely recomend giving Amazing Spidey a go. I traded some games in and got it and I'm really glad I did,its brilliant. It Borrows lots from Rocksteadys Batman games but uses it well. Combat and stealth mechanics are a joy (pretty much the same as the Arkham games) and even the web swinging which I was initially concerned with works really well with web zipping and really makes u feel like Spidey.
It's a gorgeous looking game too mostly, it's def my fave Spidey game since Spidey 2

Posted on 2 Jul 2012, 10:40:31 BST
Trigger says:
Sounds pretty good Bower. Anyone know if there's a demo out? Maybe one to rent.

Posted on 2 Jul 2012, 12:32:34 BST
Last edited by the author on 2 Jul 2012, 12:34:49 BST
Jay Kahy says:
"The reason spiderman is being rebooted is because marvel now own the film rights to spiderman again after buying them back from Sony."

I think the rights to the Spiderman movies are still with Sony / Columbia Pictures, mate. Marvel (as in the fellas behind The Avengers and all the characters featured in that movie) don't have the rights to Spiderman. I think the Marvel scroll before each movie featuring the character is an acknowledgement the character is a Marvel character, as opposed to it signalling Marvel Entertainment owns them.

20th Century Fox:
Daredevil: Daredevil/Matt Murdock, Elektra (Natchios), The Kingpin/Wilson Fisk, Bullseye, Jack Murdock, Karen Page, Ben Urich
Elektra: Christine Cord/Tatoo, Typhoid Mary/Marry Alice Walker, Kirigi, Stick, Stone
Fantastic Four: Doctor Doom/Victor von Doom, Human Torch/Johnny Storm, Invisible Woman/Susan Storm, Mr. Fantastic/Dr. Reed Richards, The Thing/Ben Grimm, Nova/Frankie Raye, Alicia Masters, Willie Lumpkin
X-Men Mutants: [Agent Zero/Maverick/David North], Angel/Warren Worthington III, Arclight/Phillippa Sontag, Beast/Dr. Henry Phillip "Hank" McCoy, [Blob/Frederick J. Dukes], [Bolt/Christopher Bradley], Callisto, Colossus/Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin, Cyclops/Scott Summers, [Deadpool/Wade Wilson], Emma (Grace) Frost, Jean Grey/Phoenix, Juggernaut/Cain Marko, Gambit/Remy LeBeau, Glob Herman/Herman Gardner, Iceman/Bobby Drake, Jubilee/Jubilation Lee, Katherine "Kitty" Anne Pryde, [Kestrel/John Wraith], Lady Deathstrike/Yuriko Oyama, Leech, Magneto/Erik Magnus Lehnsherr, Mastermind/Jason (Wyngarde), Multiple Man/James Arthur Madrox, Mystique/Raven Darkholme, Nightcrawler/Kurt Wagner, Phat/William Robert "Billy-Bob" Reilly, Professor Charles Xavier, Psylocke/Elizabeth "Betsy" Braddock, Pyro/St. John Allerdyce, Quill/Max Jordan, Rogue/(Anna) Marie, Sabretooth/Victor Creed, Sebastian Hiram Shaw, [Silver Fox], Siryn/Theresa Rourke Cassidy, (The) Spike, Storm/Ororo Munroe, Wolverine/Logan
X-Men Non-Mutants: Drake Family (Steven, Madeline, Ronny), Grey Family (Dr. John, Elaine), Henry Peter Gyrich, Robert Edward Kelly, Dr. Moira Kinross MacTaggert, Dr. Kavita Rao, William Stryker, Bolivar Trask, Warren Worthington II

New Line Cinema:
Vampires: Blade, Deacon Frost, Dracula/Vlad Tepes
Non-Vampires: Hannibal King, Abraham Whistler [UPDATE: Since the time of writing this, The Blade rights have been transferred back into Marvel's hands.]

Sony Pictures:
Ghost Rider: Ghost Rider/Johnny Blaze, Blackheart/Legion, Phantom Rider/Carter Slade, Abigor, Gressil, Mephistopheles, Wallow, Barton Blaze, Roxanne Simpson
Spider-Man: Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Doctor Octopus/Otto Octavius, Green Goblin/Norman Osborn, (New) Green Goblin/Harry Osborn, [The Lizard]/Dr. Curt Connors, Sandman/Flint Marko, Venom/Eddie Brock Jr., Betty Brant, Dennis Carradine (Buglar), J. Jonah Jameson, Ben Parker, May Parker, John Jameson, Joseph "Robbie" Robertson, Gwen Stacy, Mendel Stromm, Flash Thompson

Lionsgate Entertainment:
Punisher: The Punisher/Frank Castle, Jigsaw/Billy Russoti, Microchip/Linus Liberman, Joan the Mouse, Maginty, Mr. Bumpo, Spacker Dave, The Russian, Maria Elizabeth Castle, Detective Martin Soap [UPDATE: Since the time of writing this, The Punisher rights have been transferred back into Marvel's hands.]

http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-movies-characters-carl-6766/

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012, 12:40:11 BST
Last edited by the author on 2 Jul 2012, 12:46:51 BST
YamYam says:
Yeah Sony own the rights to Spiderman, but have been in talks with Disney who own the Avengers in order to bring Spiderman into the next Avengers film. Disney brought the rights of Thor, Ironman, Captain America and Avengers from Paramount Pictures in 2011. Although part of the deal was that in all future marketing, etc the Paramount Pictures logo still had to appear.

Posted on 2 Jul 2012, 12:41:52 BST
Trigger says:
I believe Sony's original contract with Marvel for the Spider-Man film rights stipulated that Sony would retain the licence indefinitely provided they made one film at least every four years. It's the same for Fox with X-Men and so on.

I'm sure Marvel/Disney would love to get Spider-Man & the X-Men back, but not forgetting Marvel sold these film rights when their financial outlook wasn't nearly as positive as it is now.

Posted on 2 Jul 2012, 12:49:06 BST
Jay Kahy says:
If Marvel do ever get their hands on the X-Men and Spiderman licenses, I'd love to see an 'Avengers vs X-Men' movie similar to the crossover in the comics of a few years back. Although how they'd get it to work logistically would be an absolute nightmare.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  67
Initial post:  13 Jun 2012
Latest post:  4 Jul 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.