Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Learn more Fitbit
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Dark Souls co-op gang & general chat

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 276-300 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 09:15:02 BST
Last edited by the author on 10 Oct 2011, 09:15:25 BST
Im level 10 at the moment and getting my ass kicked by the Tauren demon, tried the jumping attack where the archers are but keep missing or i get knocked down lol

I summoned someone into my game this morning to try it out, pretty cool! we both attempted the Tauren but we both got battered hehe.

Anyone killed that Goat Demon which is down the stairway guarding the defence ring? before you reach the Tauren? He is solid, could hardly dent him

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 09:17:45 BST
Steve says:
Kai I'm in tha exact position as you. I just can't beat that demon and yes that chap at the end of the stairs is really hard.

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 09:18:43 BST
Im just gonna grind the area before him and level up a bit more, you get about 700 souls per couple of minutes

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 09:31:19 BST
Randypan the Goatboy is tough as nails - he killed me in one hit when I tried last night. Taurus is not too bad with the right moves - the jump attack method works but you need to lock on - then jump - then lock off and dodge and time your climb back up the ladder. Failing that I know some people have fought on the ground - keep moving and don't get greedy on the attacks.

Grinding Souls is always good but keep an eye out for a decent weapon too - I now have a decent shield and sword (drake!) which has mad a huge difference.

OT (a bit) - loving this game so much I am starting to rething my "Skyrim is not for me" policy - should I now be thinking of getting Skyrim?

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 09:34:43 BST
Yes. Different genres of game entirely, but Oblivion nailed the lighter side of what I call 'medievil fantasy' and Skyrim looks to go one better

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 09:38:01 BST
Tom_ says:
Morning guys,

I made some more good progress yesterday, beat the demon guy with the dogs and also took down the electric demon guy near the blacksmith. After that I ventured into the sewers and found another merchant who sold the bottomless box so I now have somewhere to stash all my junk.

Kai: Regards beating the Tauren demon you could try stocking up on fire bombs then get up where the archers are and throw a couple at him, then when he goes to jump up after you get to the ladder and go down about half way and he will then drop back down to the bridge, move back up top and repeat.

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 09:56:40 BST
Trigger says:
I only played about an hour or so last night (too into Crysis at the moment), but I like what I've seen so far. I beat the Vanguard - sorry, Asylum Demon - on my second proper attempt (did try fighting it with the blade hilt, as I didn't see the other gate you could run through), and spent only a little time in Lordran proper. I took the lift down to the swamp area which looks fantastic although the frame rate chugged a little, and I got quickly dispatched by two spirit things in the water who had really long weapons of some kind.

I can't remember the name of the character I went for - I think Wanderer, or something? It's the guy with the hooded outfit and axe, as he had pretty good stats but was only on level 1, giving me a chance to level him up as I liked. I'm only on level 3 so far. I really like the idea of the Estus Flask, although I hope you can upgrade it or something to get more uses.

Anyway, I don't have much to say just yet as I haven't played that much. I like the game, although it really is Demon's Souls 2 right down to the first boss you fight and the cynical man you meet when you first arrive in Lordran.

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 10:00:33 BST
djburty says:
"Anyone killed that Goat Demon which is down the stairway guarding the defence ring?"
not yet, but i killed another one later on and so i'll go back and try him out - they don't respawn. i just dodged round him and grabbed the ring and ran away - although he followed me all the way back to the bonfire then killed me :(

the lightening demon i stabbed to death - i just kept blocking and moving around him until i could attack his back. took a little while and a few flasks, but otherwise was ok.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2011, 10:21:18 BST
WRT the Estus Flask - you can kindle a fire if you are in human form and have at least 1 humanity which gives you 10 charges instead of 5 and you can upgrade it later on to give it higher health recovery too.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2011, 10:27:43 BST
Trigger says:
Cool, thanks man. I need to play some more of this over the next couple of nights, as it feels like you are all pulling away from me! However, I will have some of Thursday night and all of Friday night free, so will get some gaming done then. Plus, I have some lieu time in hand as well, so may leave at about 2pm on Friday :D

Also, how do you co-op in this (am I waiting on a specific item? Bearing in mind the only boss I've beaten is the Asylum Demon), and how do I rate someone's comment and/or leave my own comment?

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 10:32:16 BST
@ Ali

The Drake sword doesn't get any stat bonuses so it's damage is capped out at 200.

When you're far enough into the game, even the humble longsword/broadsword will do more damage.

@ Tel

White soapstone gives you co-op. Knight Solaire gives it to you after the Taurus Demon (1/2 way through undead burg). To use messages you need the orange soapstone which is sold by a merchant for 100 souls in - again - undead burg. He is near the bonfire in the tower on the left.

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 10:33:51 BST
Last edited by the author on 10 Oct 2011, 10:35:32 BST
You have to beat the Taurus Demon in Undead Burg and go through the far gates and down the stairs to talk to an NPC who'll give you the co-op stone. Bearing in mind you cant really organise co-op on DS because of the new ridiculous server layout

To write messages, you have to buy an orange stone item from the merchant in Undead Burg. Not sure if its 1-use-only as its quite cheap (I haven't bought it so dunno how you'd rate messages)

EDIT - Damn you, Mozza!!11!

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 10:38:29 BST
Last edited by the author on 10 Oct 2011, 10:39:56 BST
Its unlimited uses - They should of just included it in your inventory as i think many people arent realising how to write messages/rate etc

Also that first merchant also sells a repair kit for 3000 souls so you can repair your equipment at any bonfire.

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 10:45:49 BST
Trigger says:
Thanks guys. I'm only skim-reading most posts as I don't want spoilers, but I will be back for tips as and when necessary.

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 12:11:06 BST
Last edited by the author on 10 Oct 2011, 12:33:33 BST
I defeated the Black knight dude, then tried the Lightning Demon! But with little hp left I ran behind him and ent out the back way!
Killing tree demons now, FTW!
Also I re-enforced my broadsword and got a longbow with Feather arrows!!! :)

Edit: Only just found a lift that takes you back to Firelink!! Very useful, now I can soul grind a bit and buy some miracles!

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 12:31:34 BST
Last edited by the author on 10 Oct 2011, 12:32:23 BST
Bare Osaka says:
I agree the summoning system is weird. I really need help in the Valley of Drakes and I can't find a summon, or be summon(ed)..

I also got mawled by that Titanite Demon :( . Though I was hitting him for 137 with the Zweithandle lol (I think it's called that, Big 2 hand claymore thing)

EDIT: In theory tho co-op summoning should be a little easier now that your soulsign actually displays your gamertag.

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 12:32:18 BST
Kai, the ring protected by the goat demon (I didn't know he was called that) is available by jumping (run & jump) from the rooftop where the firebombs dudes are.
You can jump down, grab it but it will be a one way trip.

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 12:40:59 BST
G. Hanks says:
I've taken out my 3rd boss ****spolier**** moonlight butterfly*********end spoiler********but still hollow and didn't get any humanity either. Can see myself spending the entire game as hollow. Left my soul sign here and there but getting 0 summons. Also nobody is rating messages so the game must be throwing me on the deadest server possible - not to mention fleck all messages in Lordo Ruins. Think I'm going to have to treat this one as a single player only for the most part.

Now at a point where I have a key to a new area, it opens two doors and the one I've gone through has a knight with a big sword who can do one hit kills... which he has done to me.... several times... because I know I can beat him if I just keep trying.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2011, 12:42:39 BST
G. Hanks says:
"Kai, the ring protected by the goat demon (I didn't know he was called that) is available by jumping (run & jump) from the rooftop where the firebombs dudes are.
You can jump down, grab it but it will be a one way trip. "

You can also lure them out, climb a ladder and run past them. They get bored of chasing you after a while so if you can get ahead of him then you can get the item and still get out alive. Otherwise yoink-block-run.

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 13:16:40 BST
I got to the Gargoyles, cut off the tail and went to get it when the 2nd one pounded on me!!
I need some humanity to summon that knight to help me. :/
Either that or another grinding session.

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 14:02:22 BST
Stew, buy a cheap bow and shoot the dragon's tail until you get the drake sword

Find some humanity if you can and summon Solaire.

Use the sword 2 handed and keep pummeling Gargoyle 1. You need to kill him asap as it's impossible to take them on at once.

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 14:37:07 BST
BUNee(PSN) says:
Maybe i've missed it in the general chat but were do you get the Drake sword?

Also do you need the orange stone before you can even reccomend a message?

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 14:40:39 BST
Drake sword you get from shooting the dragon's tail

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 14:42:06 BST
Yes you need the orange stone first but its only i think 500 souls off the first Merchant and its unlimited uses.

Posted on 10 Oct 2011, 14:52:18 BST
I got the drake sword and it's helped alot!
Just need humanity, atleast i'm human now!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  109
Total posts:  5369
Initial post:  5 Oct 2011
Latest post:  11 Apr 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers