Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

PS4 games region free?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Nov 2013, 19:55:39 GMT
Paulo says:
Hey whats up guys,

a few days ago I saw a post here where somebody was talking about a promotion that amazon.com was doing on if you get 2 ps4 games you get 1 for free and he wanted it to come to amazon.uk as well.. My question is, if the games are region free (at least this is what I heard) why dont we all buy it from amazon.com? Even if the promotion is off already, is it safe to buy the games from america?Will it work on my playstation 4? Im in portugal (europe) by the way..

Posted on 16 Nov 2013, 20:44:54 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 16 Dec 2013, 10:03:33 GMT]

Posted on 17 Nov 2013, 12:01:59 GMT
undeadcount says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 17 Nov 2013, 19:43:43 GMT
Yes it is region free.

Posted on 29 Dec 2013, 12:35:32 GMT
Gromit says:
Assassins Creed 4 is not region free. I bought the game in the USA and the online and extra gameplay access codes do not work in Europe.

Ubisoft Support wrote to me:

The issue stems from purchasing games from a different region, while the game itself may work (as there is no region protection stopping the disc from working) we cannot guarantee DLC or PS Store purchased content will. We apologise that we haven't been able to provide a quicker solution but we do not have the ability to bypass the restrictions in place on your content.

As mentioned previously you could register a new user account with the correct country for your purchase. This will allow the new user to get a passport and once that is done the Passport will share to the original account. Alternatively another update will be made available soon which will remove the Passport requirement completely.

Please bear this problem in mind when making future purchases, we would suggest buying games intended for your PSN ID and avoid importing where possible. Buying and redeeming content for imported games was also a problem on PlayStation 3.

Kind Regards,
Ubisoft Customer Service

Posted on 29 Dec 2013, 16:29:26 GMT
Just a matter of time until George Osborne taxes virtual bananas, well you know what I mean.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  16 Nov 2013
Latest post:  29 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.