Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Spec Ops: The Line

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 54 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Jun 2012, 11:13:22 BST
Bauer says:
Hi all, usual drill has anyone got this on their radar?

I loved the demo and pre ordered it, but im starting to think it may sit there next to GRFS and never get touched.

Although it does look nice, I love the setting and sand mechanic etc so im intrigued to see if many are picking it up? what console etc?

If I get it it wil be my last game until Xmas rush, thats the plan anyway.

On a side note for those who played the demo, is your character voiced by Nolan North?, sounds like him but not according to IMDB. If it is nice to see him getting work, he doenst do much ; ),

Posted on 1 Jun 2012, 11:18:42 BST
Last edited by the author on 1 Jun 2012, 11:20:26 BST
I played the demo and loved it! I'd like to buy it but as you say, its probably going to sit on my shelf for months.

I recall in some gaming news it was indeed Nolan North, it was definetely him in the demo.

Though i didnt mind because he's using a much more serious tone in this game and is not jokey like in many of his other games.

I love the setting and it seems really interesting, id like to see the reviews first though. I hope its a lengthy campaign.

Apparently theres a choice mechanic in the game, much like Mass Effect but its not so clear cut between a "good option" and "bad option"

If i end up buying it, ill probably go for 360

Posted on 1 Jun 2012, 11:20:41 BST
Last edited by the author on 1 Jun 2012, 11:21:17 BST
I downloaded and played the demo the other day - looks just lovely - shooting etc was fine but I thought the AI was really poor with guys watching there mates get sniped and not reacting and at one point I flanked a group who despite me being in open view continued to shoot at where I was before. I am not pre-ordering but will wait for reviews and perchance people here playing it - poor AI gets on my nerves.

It is a demo so hopefully just a demo feature.

Posted on 1 Jun 2012, 11:20:45 BST
It's one I'll consider at the time as an impulse purchase. But it just can't compete with GRFS, from what I played of the demo. My mate was on the mp Beta and said it was horribly Laggy and very open to exploit.

But like I say I'll have a look closer to the time, it's not out next week is it?

Posted on 1 Jun 2012, 11:21:22 BST
I only have Halo 4, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored on pre-order at the moment for this year. Not sure that I'll bother with Spec Ops seeing as GRFS is entertaining enough. There's really only room for one MP at a time it's likely I'll return to Gears 3 grinding at some point.

Posted on 1 Jun 2012, 11:22:23 BST
Last edited by the author on 1 Jun 2012, 11:23:34 BST
Howmuch75 says:
I loved the demo and will buy it as long as there is no major problems with it.
Then it can sit next to max Payne and grfs while I play dragons dogma.

Posted on 1 Jun 2012, 11:23:41 BST
R says:
I too liked the demo. Thought it was quite polished. Unlikely a release day purchase for me - I'm not convinced the MP will be anything better than GRFS and the SP can wait for when the game is cheaper. Plus I really want to start and finish ME3 before the autumn new release frenzy sets in. And maybe Sniper Elite V2 too.

Posted on 1 Jun 2012, 11:23:45 BST
I quite enjoyed the demo but doubt I'll get it at release. It's a "if I see it cheap when I have nothing else to play" purchase for me.

Posted on 1 Jun 2012, 11:25:16 BST
Trigger says:
It is Nolan North. I love him as Nathan Drake, but I am so sick of him being in every other game these days, and the writing compared to Uncharted is never very good. He's also the protagonist in Far Cry 3, and he'll obviously be back as Desmond in Assassin's Creed III.

Anyway, I DLd the demo, but didn't play past the helicopter section. I should really give it another whirl. I do think Bauer that if you can hold off on pre-ordering this, that it looks like one of those games which will drop in price within three or four weeks.

Posted on 1 Jun 2012, 11:27:35 BST
Howmuch75 says:
Must resist and buy it cheap !!!

Posted on 1 Jun 2012, 11:34:17 BST
The helicoptor section was meh, but the rest of the demo is well worth playing Trigger

Posted on 1 Jun 2012, 13:08:59 BST
Bauer says:
Yeah the chopper bit doesnt last long , suck it up man.

I know I probably shoudl just wait stick with my GRFS ; )

Posted on 26 Jun 2012, 13:14:03 BST
Last edited by the author on 26 Jun 2012, 13:17:02 BST
R says:
Got an 8/10 from both IGN and Eurogamer. Multiplayer seems to get a bit slated but SP seems to get mostly positive comments.

Posted on 26 Jun 2012, 13:16:44 BST
howmuch75 says:
I have it ordered from Blockbusters £29 anyone used them before for pre orders ?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jun 2012, 13:20:38 BST
AstroMonkey says:
Howmuch I have, they have never let me down and you usually get a book full of vouchers to use for further savings when you preorder with them.

I want Spec Ops but not on release. Still not put Max Payne 3 on yet or bought GRFS. Double xp weekends on BF3 are monopolising my gaming time.

Posted on 26 Jun 2012, 13:34:00 BST
howmuch75 says:
Cheers astro although grfs is taking up my game time,I just can't stop buying games.

Posted on 26 Jun 2012, 13:34:51 BST
Bauer says:
Uuuurrrghh who brought this thread back... im getting tempted I can feel the DT's !!

Posted on 26 Jun 2012, 13:52:28 BST
Mr K says:
@howmuch75. I've preordered from Blockbusters in the past and they usually deliver by release date.
If the reviews are favourable I might cave in by the end of the week!

Posted on 26 Jun 2012, 14:08:24 BST
howmuch75 says:
in a ghostly voice "Get it Bauer And i will play the mp with you"
And it is vastly different to grfs...

Posted on 26 Jun 2012, 14:09:11 BST
Trigger says:
Was really pleasantly surprised with the Eurogamer review of this. I thought it would just be another Gears of Duty game, but it sounds a lot more interesting and thought-provoking than that. One to put in the 'buy when it's £18' category.

Posted on 26 Jun 2012, 14:48:37 BST
Last edited by the author on 26 Jun 2012, 14:49:55 BST
Gaz I'm getting it day one as I've got credit with GS to use up. I'll be happy to let you know what your missing;-)

Edit the mp is of no interest to me. I need another mp game like i need another 2gb update for BF3

Posted on 26 Jun 2012, 15:21:56 BST
Nick says:
Just to say Bauer, this has got some very good reviews; really praising the atmosphere particularly.

Posted on 26 Jun 2012, 16:03:13 BST
Hayley says:
i loved the demo and i will be getting it when i can next afford it.

Posted on 26 Jun 2012, 16:14:30 BST
I thought the demo was ok but it's not different enough to GRFS to get it.

Posted on 26 Jun 2012, 16:33:12 BST
Last edited by the author on 26 Jun 2012, 16:33:37 BST
Bauer says:
according to the IGN review the start (i.e the demo) is the worst bit ???

Im going to snap I can see it !
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  22
Total posts:  54
Initial post:  1 Jun 2012
Latest post:  29 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.