Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

A legend returns...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 May 2014, 01:27:23 BST
Dela says:
http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/2014/05/02/epic-announces-livestream-to-reveal-future-of-unreal-tournament-on-may-8/

"Be still, my heart. Epic Games vice president Mark Rein has posted the words on Twitter I've been waiting years for: Unreal Tournament is coming back. We don't know what form it will take, but Rein followed up his original tweet "I love Unreal Tournament, so excited for the comeback" with a confirmation-"Yes UT coming back!"-and a link to Epic's Unreal Engine Twitch account, where the future of Unreal Tournament will be revealed Thursday, May 8 at 2PM EST.

Since Epic plans to unveil its plans for Unreal Tournament on the Unreal Engine Twitch channel, and not the Epic Games channel, we can make a few guesses about the game. It may be a showpiece for Unreal Engine 4 in the way Gears of War was for Unreal Engine 3. It may simply be a tech demo for Unreal Engine 4 and not a full game. Wouldn't that be a drag.

Another tweet from Epic's Paul Meegan makes us think this is more than a throwaway project. "UE4 Dev Community + Epic. The future of Unreal Tournament," he tweeted:

The future of Unreal Tournament could be on consoles or-dare I say it-mobile. Don't make us play Unreal Tournament on iPhones, Epic. Don't you dare. Give us a new game on PC, whether it's a Quake Live-style update of classic UT or a Unreal Engine 4 juggernaut.

In the meantime, we'll be over here playing UT2004 at 4K. There are still busy servers out there, and the game looks pretty damn good a decade later."

BEST NEWS EVER

I spent a whole lot of hours on UT3 when I first got into PC gaming and a new UT couldn't come soon enough

Posted on 3 May 2014, 02:49:28 BST
Since the partial acquisition by Tencent Epic has lost CliffyB a couple of key people and Gears of War. To be honest I thought they'd solely go down the route of engine developing. I hope this is a full on UT game using UE4.

Posted on 3 May 2014, 15:18:30 BST
[Deleted by Amazon on 29 Jul 2016, 06:50:27 BST]

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2014, 15:19:54 BST
[Deleted by Amazon on 29 Jul 2016, 06:50:27 BST]

Posted on 8 May 2014, 19:10:54 BST
Last edited by the author on 8 May 2014, 19:18:04 BST
Dela says:
New Unreal Tournament has just been announced - Free on PC, Mac and Linux

Development starts today and will be developed in collaboration with gamers/fans

They reckon it won't be F2P - it'll be totally FREE with the community making/creating in game items to sell so Epic will take a cut of each sale - sounds very Team Fortress 2

http://kotaku.com/new-unreal-tournament-announced-will-be-free-to-play-1573565515?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Posted on 9 May 2014, 09:56:05 BST
This would be a game i would be very interested in. Most F2Pay/Play games are shocking lately, both in terms of gameplay and £££.

If they do it right, i'd play this alot!

Posted on 9 May 2014, 10:08:22 BST
Can't say that I've actually played any F2P games, well none that I can think of.

I have Loadout and Warframe installed but haven't got round to playing them yet although I've heard good things about both.

Still, a F2P game run by the community could be awesome if it works, fingers crossed...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  3 May 2014
Latest post:  9 May 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.