Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > thriller discussion forum

Great serial killer fiction that u can't put down

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Jun 2013 15:29:53 BDT
P. Bowes says:
Great killer crime fiction that you remember.uk or USA looking for some lesser known fiction that's impossible to put down.

Posted on 3 Jun 2013 11:14:28 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jun 2013 11:16:14 BDT
J. Walsh says:
the little girl who lived down the lane.......a brilliant book and kept me up all night many years back...so much better than the film with Jodie Foster BUT I dont think it is available now......might be worth keeping an eye out in second hand book shops though :)
Edited as you can buy this and on kindle.......I am off to purchase now
The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane by Laird Koenig (20 Sep 2010)

Posted on 4 Jun 2013 16:50:17 BDT
John Connolly "Every dead thing". Amazing first book with a twist. Some of the books in the series veer a bit towards ghosts and stuff but this one is amazing.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jun 2013 20:19:19 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 24 Jun 2013 19:55:41 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jun 2013 09:25:37 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jun 2013 09:26:05 BDT
TomC says:
BLACKLIST: John O'Connor

You have persistently spammed promotions for your book in these discussion forums, despite being told that it is not welcome and against Amazon rules. Your spam posts have been reported to Amazon.

Most people participating in these forums will not buy a spammer's book on principle. The above tag will ensure that anyone who wishes to check whether or not you are a spammer can now easily do so. The only thing you will achieve by spamming here is lost sales.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jun 2013 10:54:24 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 31 Jul 2013 12:20:23 BDT]

Posted on 23 Jun 2013 00:35:54 BDT
Michael Marshall - The Straw Men - awesome serial killer stuff. Well written, creepy as hell and quite unique. Well worth taking a look at. The Straw Men

Posted on 23 Jun 2013 03:51:19 BDT
Anita says:
Doh - whoever is no-voting: the post above (Craig's) doesn't seem much like spam...

Posted on 23 Jun 2013 15:10:20 BDT
serial killers uncut by J.A Konrath and Blake Crouch

Posted on 24 Jun 2013 16:28:28 BDT
Michael Cope says:
The obvious one: Red Dragon by Thomas Harris

And, hard to read for different reasons at times - American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis.

Posted on 24 Jun 2013 19:53:47 BDT
Retribution

I thought that was pretty good.....

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jun 2013 20:53:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Jun 2013 20:54:31 BDT
Mands says:
Serial Killers Uncut - Fantastic book, I love anything by J Konrath and B Crouch. I get so engrossed in them so both myself and my husband will second your recommendation.

Posted on 27 Jun 2013 15:00:28 BDT
Robert Leigh says:
I would reccommend Thank You For Your Call by Robert Leigh. Only available as eBook though.

Posted on 5 Jul 2013 10:01:07 BDT
Anne says:
Anything by Jeffery Deaver or Tania Carver

Posted on 5 Jul 2013 19:33:04 BDT
I would avoid American Psycho which was is overrated and would recommend all of the following

Psycho by Robert Bloch
Child of God by Cormac McCarthy
Red Dragon by Robert Harris
Happy Like Murderers by Gordon Burns
The Killer Inside Me by Jim Thompson

Posted on 13 Jul 2013 01:34:27 BDT
kittycat2000 says:
Killing the Shadows by Val McDermid
The Dark Room by Minette Walters
Loves Music, Loves To Dance by Mary Higgins Clark
The Surrogate (Brennan and Esposito) by Tania Carver
Vanished by Tim Weaver
Pretty Little Things by Jilliane Hoffman
Sworn to Silence (Kate Burkholder 1) by Linda Castillo
Lullaby and Goodnight by Wendy Corsi Staub
City of Fear by Alafair Burke
Run the Risk by Scott Frost

Posted on 13 Jul 2013 01:47:44 BDT
kittycat2000 says:
The Hundredth Man by J A Kerley
The Murderers' Club (MIRA) by P D Martin
Immoral by Brian Freeman
Carved in Bone: A Body Farm Novel by Jefferson Bass
The Missing by Jane Casey
Scalpel by Paul Carson
All the Pretty Girls (A Taylor Jackson Thriller) by J T Ellison
Without Consent (Anya Crichton) by Kathryn Fox
The Perfect Husband by Lisa Gardner
Taken by Chris Jordan

Posted on 13 Jul 2013 02:06:06 BDT
kittycat2000 says:
A Perfect Evil (MIRA) by Alex Kava
Severed by Simon Kernick
Cold Granite (Logan McRae, Book 1) by Stuart MacBride
Broken Angels by Richard Montanari
The Darker Side by Cody McFadyen
Broken Silence (Di Jack Brady) by Danielle Ramsay
Still Missing by Chevy Stevens
In Silence (MIRA Backlist) by Erica Spindler
Want to Play? by P J Tracy
The Trophy Taker by Lee Weeks

I realise some of these authors are quite well known but hopefully you'll find something you haven't read.

Posted on 20 Jul 2013 23:11:53 BDT
Steve Robinson- In the blood, first one free on kindle, half way through the 3rd one
Alan McDermot- Gray justice, again first one free on kindle, really enjoyed all 3
Tana French- The likeness, Faithful place and in the woods all excellent
Anything by Karin Slaughter, Lee child, Harlan Coben and Simon Kernick
Also free e books by Rebecca Forster are worth a look.
Enjoy.

Posted on 21 Jul 2013 15:28:49 BDT
Charlieost says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 22 Jul 2013 08:49:45 BDT
Sou'Wester says:
Don't agree that everyone that reads these books must have something wrong with them, but certainly feel that this "genre" has been completely done to death (no pun intended). Indeed, the expression "Great Serial Killer Fiction" is now surely an oxymoron. There was a time (albeit brief) when a few reasonably well-written and plotted thrillers involving serial killers appeared, but that time has long since passed. A "serial killer" novel published today screams out that here is an author without a single original idea in their head and - more likely than not - a pretty useless writer to boot. The "genre" (if this sort of trash merits such a description) has become dominated by so-called thrillers that rely on ever more lurid depictions of violence and sexual abuse to compensate for the lack of decent plot and genuine tension.
Yes, the content of many of these books is deeply abhorrent and they leave a very nasty taste in the mouth. Their biggest fault, however, is that most of them are unbelievably tedious to read.

Posted on 22 Jul 2013 22:33:52 BDT
Charlieost says:
Thaks Sou'Wester. Great name. Can't imagine how you came up with that one. I quite agree. Some genres have been literally done to death (fitting comment on murder mysteries).

Best wishes. C

Posted on 1 Aug 2013 06:17:58 BDT
kittycat2000 says:
Charlieost, that is the biggest load of rubbish I've ever read. I think it is curious that someone who hates the genre so much is even reading a thread entitled " Great Serial Killer Fiction..."

Posted on 2 Aug 2013 22:42:13 BDT
P. Bowes says:
Maybe some people just like reading crime fiction that happens to involve serial killers.its as simple and innocent as that.like some people like war stories,love stories.ect.its not a crime surely?

Posted on 2 Aug 2013 22:46:55 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Aug 2013 23:06:23 BDT
P. Bowes says:
95% of all crime fiction involves a murder of some sort.enough said !back to recommendations.im really sorry to all who find the discussion inappropriate.ive personally read many of the recommendations.thankyou everyone for your added discussions so far.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the thriller discussion forum (398 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  thriller discussion forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  1 Jun 2013
Latest post:  12 Aug 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions