Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > thriller discussion forum

Exciting Crime Thriller Recomendations

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 199 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2012, 07:22:45 BST
Sou'Wester says:
Hear, Hear. As I've just posted in another thread, the Thriller forum seems to have been taken over by spammers and self-pluggers who show total disregard for forum etiquette. Quite why this forum so particularly infected with this drivel at the moment I don't understand. Perhaps we need to recruit Mr G to come across and insert some of his special links!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2012, 08:07:34 BST
Anita says:
Just seen Mr G on another thread. I'll try to pass the message :)

Posted on 4 Jun 2012, 08:45:21 BST
Garscadden says:
I'm supposed to be working...

Posted on 4 Jun 2012, 09:05:27 BST
Garscadden says:
S. L. Stockford - Fresco
Louise Hirst - Unforgiven
D Menon - Gypsy

And for the old classic

Eileen Schuh - THE TRAZ

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2012, 10:47:46 BST
Kitty and others ...

I know ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law or users of message boards but I really was unaware of the etiquette you mentioned. Point taken and sorry to have upset you.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2012, 10:51:55 BST
Garscadden says:
But you haven't removed your spam.

Upsetting people is secondary, surely, to following the rules set by the owner of these forums. Ignoring the 'Important Announcement from Amazon' post is just terribly impolite.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2012, 12:24:40 BST
Last edited by the author on 4 Jun 2012, 12:26:22 BST
LEP says:
If you are all upset by the self-marketing, just report them to Amazon using the "abuse" button. It's not just the thriller forum that they are on. They seem to be ignoring the Amazon anouncement or not reading it.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2012, 13:57:40 BST
Andrea says:
You could tryBlack and Reddy by Neil Gouldingay. Just read it myself and loved it. Was deliciously gory in places but really readable and I thought a fab book

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jun 2012, 17:47:12 BST
MRS O says:
Lee Child - start with The Killing Floor and if you like that read them in order - the best one in my opinion is One Shot. I agreed with P Shaw that if you have not read Harry Bosch series you will like those. Happy reading.

Posted on 11 Jun 2012, 21:58:30 BST
If you like a good detective story with a bit of humour try Robert Crais' Elvis Cole Novels. You might also like Harlan Coben in a similar vein. I have also read and thoroughly enjoyed all the Jack Reacher novels from Lee Child - brilliant stuff, and NEVER boring! For something a bit more on the edge - try John Gilstrap and Linwood Barclay. All of the mentioned authors have written a lot of books, so you can probably get the earlier ones quite cheaply to give them a go. Otherwise try Amazon's Fee Sample - you get a good couple of chapters for free to see if you like (or have read it before!) and then can buy the whole book immediately. Happy reading! PJB

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jun 2012, 23:23:25 BST
ka says:
I can recommend Subculture by Chris HollisSubculture

Posted on 12 Jun 2012, 06:46:39 BST
Wilburkins says:
I would echo the recommendation of Peter Robinson's Inspector Banks series. I think they are wonderful. I also recently read his stand alone novel "Before the Poison" and would recommend that too. I am currently reading the 4th novel in the Icelandic detective series by Arnaldur Indridason and I am very much enjoying that series.
In a similar vein to James Patterson I would further suggest Andrew Gross. Plus I like Linda Fairstein, Karin Slaughter (must be read in order), Barbara Cleverly (Joe Sandilands novels set it 1920s India, at least initially), Louise Penny, Jeffrey Siger, Shamini Flint, Alexander McCall Smith, Donna Leon, David Hewson, Mons Kallentoft & Zoe Ferraris.

Posted on 12 Jun 2012, 11:46:42 BST
Gelert says:
Open Season (Joe Gunther Mysteries)
Excellent read and there are many more in the series - this one is free.

Posted on 12 Jun 2012, 13:09:48 BST
[Deleted by the author on 3 Jul 2012, 16:50:58 BST]

Posted on 12 Jun 2012, 13:09:55 BST
Sue says:
I enjoyed the Ben Hope series and was disappointed when I finished them. Also just finishing my last Jack Reacher. For readers who like a long series both are very satisfying.

Posted on 12 Jun 2012, 13:12:16 BST
[Deleted by the author on 3 Jul 2012, 16:50:31 BST]

Posted on 12 Jun 2012, 13:12:43 BST
[Deleted by the author on 3 Jul 2012, 16:50:42 BST]

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2012, 13:34:29 BST
Marand says:
Shaun - Amazon do not permit promotion of your own book except in the Meet our Authors forum - see the top thread in the forum list from which the following is extracted (the MOA forum address is included below or you can go to the bottom left of this page and click on the link in the most active communities box):

"With the advent of the new community, we will no longer allow self-promotional posts in other communities. Starting on December 15, 2011, all "shameless self-promotion" activity will be limited to the `Meet Our Authors' community. Promotional threads outside of these forums will be removed.

We invite authors and interested readers to come join the discussion at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/meet%20our%20authors

We look forward to seeing you!"

You run the risk of Amazon deleting your posts and banning you from posting altogether - this has happened particularly where authors have posted repeated promos in multiple threads so Amazon's threat is real. I imagine this isn't what you would want so you would be better exploring the MOA forum.

Posted on 14 Jun 2012, 16:18:27 BST
J. Sargent says:
John Connolly. The Charlie Parker. Excellent, but spooky series. Michael Connolly. The Harry Bosch Series.Lee Child. Jack Reacher series. John Sandford. Lucas Davenport and Virgil Flowers series. Happy reading!

Posted on 14 Jun 2012, 17:16:37 BST
Ali B says:
Hi there - anyone read anything by C J Box? He has a series about Joe Pickett, a Wyoming Game Warden. I bought one when it was on special offer for 99p, and have now have went back and started from the beginning of the series. May sound a bit tame (about a game warden) but have a look at other people's reviews, and maybe give one a go..... I'm a big fan of thrillers, and have read a lot of the authors recommended (Michael Connelly, Patricia Cornwell, James Patterson etc.).

I think you may be surprised. I would never have picked this up in a book shop, but the great things about Kindle sale is maybe buying something a little bit different and giving it a go. I'm glad I did.

Posted on 14 Jun 2012, 17:27:11 BST
J. A. West says:
Try Chasing Innocence - it is fast paced, exciting and quite violent in places.

Posted on 14 Jun 2012, 21:20:50 BST
Thriller fan says:
There are so many thriller threads here. So many great choices.

Two I love are Little Face and The Missing.
Little Face
The Missing

Posted on 18 Jun 2012, 18:25:17 BST
Not sure if your interested in short stories, but this a mysterious thriller book I published last year. I would appreciate comments so that I may improve and make more lengthy books

Cleansed

Posted on 22 Jun 2012, 07:18:07 BST
Brother75 says:
If you are interested in "Police Thrillers" you also like to take a look at "Ruled by Fear" (Kerstin McNichol). On first impression it is domestic violence but going deeper into the story it is so much more. - Can't tell more otherwise I would spoil it. The story is full of twist and turns and was fun to read. It is a ebook for kindle so ideal for you.
Hope you give it a try.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012, 08:09:01 BST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the thriller discussion forum (400 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  thriller discussion forum
Participants:  101
Total posts:  199
Initial post:  28 May 2012
Latest post:  20 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers