Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

best tv shows no-one else remembers....or do they???? lol

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1476-1500 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 19 Jan 2010, 10:16:12 GMT
No-one's mentioned Brat Farrer yet. About racing stables and the heir not being who he seemed.
Itsy & bitsy
terrahawks

There was also one I remember where two kids would crawl through a small door into a kitchen where they would help the cook bake things.

Posted on 19 Jan 2010, 08:50:26 GMT
G. Koch says:
The Interns
Spencer's Pilots
First one from the late 60s, second from the 70s, both starring Christopher Stone (later in The Howling and Cujo) - both unavailable on DVD, as far as I know. I would love to rewatch them just to see if I still like them.
Chopper 1 - with Dirk Benedict, before Battlestar Galactica, long before A-Team
Follyfoot - at least that's available on DVD. Still kind of cute
The Partridge Family
I guess those are the girly-shows of the 60s/70s

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jan 2010, 11:29:28 GMT
D. Shaylor says:
Hey
When the boat comes in, funny you should mention that, my husband and I are just watching it again for the umpteenth time, how brilliant is this series. Jack Ford the rogue everyone loves but doesn't want living with them and the Duke in it, how that old geezer makes you smile.

This is a must series for anyone to see, shows you just how lucky we are even if the country is in a mess, they sure had it bad then and I believe its true to life, the way they lived etc

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jan 2010, 11:25:48 GMT
D. Shaylor says:
Now your talking, Armchair Thriller
When I was a kid I was allowed to stay up to watch this, think my mother was scared and I was the moral support (lol). I remember on perticular one, I was about 8 or 9 at the time and I had nightmares for ever with it, in fact I can partly remember even now so shows how good they were. Happy days:-)

Posted on 18 Jan 2010, 11:22:37 GMT
D. Shaylor says:
Does anyone remember the following 2 series which were on mid 70's and I think late 70's! They were Clayhanger and I think the second title was Chesapeke.
First one about a family in the North early 20th century (industrialists I think) and the 2nd one I can only remember that it was set in the USA and was about 2 fur trappers one being called Pesquinal. I would love to get these if possible, anybody know anything.........................

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jan 2010, 10:17:42 GMT
Peter Baker says:
I contact channel 4 some time back, they said that they have no plans ever to put Chelmsford 123 out on DVD. I have a copy I obtain from the USA where a Brit had taped it of the TV and drop both series onto DVD for me. It not the best copy in the world but bloody funny.

Posted on 18 Jan 2010, 10:09:52 GMT
Bankok Hilton - Nicola Kidman - what a series! Have they made a dvd of it? Carol

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jan 2010, 10:06:16 GMT
Peter Baker says:
No Billy Chrystal was the gay not the ventriloquist

Posted on 18 Jan 2010, 10:03:02 GMT
Peter Baker says:
Gone but not forgotten... what about
Young persons guide to being a rock star, Chelmsford 123, The Gaffer and The man from Uncle

Posted on 17 Jan 2010, 22:38:54 GMT
edward woodward as a retired scotland yard police man set in san fransico

Posted on 17 Jan 2010, 19:39:56 GMT
Agony Again from 1995, You Rang M'Lord? and even Birds Of A Feather seem certainly forgotten, despite the latter being huge and long-running and popular to boot and it remains so. Also the gameshow Cluedo which was great beofre the last series got silly and then they canned it.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jan 2010, 19:08:29 GMT
Thanks for not giving away the ending-in fact you've said all the right things to make me wanna check it out!

Posted on 16 Jan 2010, 16:30:37 GMT
John Hewitt says:
Hi TV nuts from the 70's does anyone remember a series called "Bowler" a spin off from Please Sir and the fen steet gang staring George Baker (Inspector Wexford) as a likeable villan ?. I,ve tried to find it many times but seems not exist on DVD format if i have got the tittle right. john hewitt.

Posted on 16 Jan 2010, 09:58:54 GMT
Last edited by the author on 16 Jan 2010, 09:59:53 GMT
I remember Crane, and his sidekick Orlando. I want Doomwatch and Out Of The Unknown, and I want them NOW!!!

Posted on 16 Jan 2010, 07:20:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 16 Jan 2010, 07:21:55 GMT
Does anyone remember CRANE with Patrick Allen?

Posted on 16 Jan 2010, 00:20:14 GMT
PJGE says:
I have only just got into Beautiful People (series 2 just finished on BBC2). Extraordinarily witty script, superbly acted by Luke Ward-Wilkinson (and his young schoolfriend, whose name I can't recall). Meera Syall's character blind-Aunt Phyllis is hilarious. I've had to buy the boxed set of Series One as I missed it. Why are all the GOOD comedies hiiden away in the schedules whilst all the dross (The Wire etc) gets blanket advertising.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jan 2010, 00:13:38 GMT
PJGE says:
A Very Peculiar Practice IS available on DVD, Ernie, I know as I have a copy. Try looking it up on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jan 2010, 00:12:00 GMT
PJGE says:
A Very Peculiar Practice- excellent indeed. Recently awarded 8th slot in the Guardian's top 50 dramas of all time.
Fairly Secret Army (contemporaneous with AVPP) was also very good!

Posted on 14 Jan 2010, 23:58:30 GMT
Po Bear says:
does anyone remember Mosschops? A kids show with a plesiosaur that would say in a welsh accent "oh it's gonna be a nice day today flower". Used to have my brother n I in fits, but no-one else seems to remember it!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jan 2010, 22:44:50 GMT
P. Newson says:
Billy Crystal wasn't the ventriloquist he was the gay son, it also provided the spin off benson about their butler

Posted on 13 Jan 2010, 16:49:32 GMT
R. L. Jones says:
Anyone remember Metal Mickey? I used to love that one. Armchair Thrillers always used to scare me. Does anyone recall BJ and the Bear? I think it was about a truck driver who drove around with a monkey.

Posted on 13 Jan 2010, 06:42:09 GMT
VictoryV says:
Does anyone remember Linda Green staring Liza Tarbuck, I think. Have been trying to get hold of series 2 for years and as far as I am aware it has never been released.

Posted on 13 Jan 2010, 02:42:44 GMT
friday the 13th the series. professor snuggles. streethawk

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jan 2010, 21:10:39 GMT
VictoryV says:
you can watch LA law on ITV3, or you could do till recently

Posted on 12 Jan 2010, 17:49:00 GMT
J. Mc Ghee says:
Currently watching 1st season of The Untouchables on DVD which I recently purchased for under £10. Stands the test of time very well indeed.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (649 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  934
Total posts:  1788
Initial post:  17 Oct 2008
Latest post:  8 Feb 2017

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 83 customers