Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

Confectionery -no longer available.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 251-275 of 304 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2013, 21:28:20 BST
J Dabell says:
Jolly Ranchers are still going strong in Pennsylvania,USA.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2013, 21:35:24 BST
Thank god for Penn State!!

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jul 2013, 01:14:48 BST
Miss Moose says:
saw it on the Tesco's website tonight when I was doing my grocery shop! lol

Posted on 8 Jul 2013, 01:15:40 BST
Miss Moose says:
I don't know what they were called, but they were kind of strings of sweet, toasted coconut! Yum! Haven't had them since I was a kid

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jul 2013, 08:18:36 BST
Princessa says:
I think you mean Sweet Tobacco AKA Spanish Gold

Posted on 8 Jul 2013, 08:23:33 BST
Last edited by the author on 8 Jul 2013, 08:25:14 BST
Princessa says:
Anyone remember Banjo chocolate bar - two finger sticks with nutty cream filling, light crispy wafer, chopped nuts covered in chocolate? It was made by Mars. There was also a coconut version. It vanished in the 80s. There is a FB Petition trying to bring it back. Remember how the Wispa came back after a FB campaign.

Support a FaceBook Campaign called - Bring-Back-Banjo-chocolate and there is also a link on its page to sign the Petition. Lets get this golden oldie back on the shelves!

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jul 2013, 09:59:24 BST
Hi Monty Moose, Saw WHAT on the Tesco's website? It's not clear on the discussion board...

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jul 2013, 11:45:59 BST
Miss Moose says:
Hi
Have just Googled that and yes, that was one of them. Thanks!! There was also another one that didn't have the cocoa powder added.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jul 2013, 11:53:22 BST
Miss Moose says:
Chris...you can get Fry's chocolate cream in Tescos (well it's on their website). I'm with you...I used to love those sherbert things but hated the liquorice! And I also nibbled the pink coconut bit off and left the black bit, with liquorice alsorts! Haha

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2013, 22:54:08 BST
Ms. S. Quinn says:
I am sure someone else has responded to this post but just in case. TAB was the original diet coke which changed name in the late 70s here in the UK. Remember it mentioned in in "Back to the Future"...

Posted on 12 Jul 2013, 21:29:44 BST
Arosfa says:
Does anyone remember the sweets fromthe sweet shop that were shaped like peanut shells and tasted like caramel,very hard and when you bit into them there were crushed peanuts inside. Ahh happy days.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jul 2013, 21:33:38 BST
I do! I do! They were imaginatively called Sweet Peanuts.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jul 2013, 10:49:49 BST
They were called Sweet Peanuts! I have bought them online.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2013, 10:06:21 BST
Ally says:
Used to love 'Mint Cracknel'! Milk chocolate covered two thin bars with mint green crunchy filling. Yum

Posted on 16 Jul 2013, 20:54:29 BST
Janeway says:
As I'm reading lots of these posts out to my Mum she's saying " I know that bar, ooh I remember those!! " . So she wants to know does anyone remember Lovells plush nougats? Small round malteser-like nougat balls dusted with icing sugar?!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jul 2013, 23:22:42 BST
Chris says:
Yes Janeway - I remember them. Extremely moorish !! I'd scoff the lot with no trouble at all in just a few minutes !
Reading all these posts only convinces me that the kids of today will never know what they have missed !

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2013, 09:28:47 BST
I found lots of these retro sweets are sold on the internet. www.sugarboy.co.uk They also have shops in the Kent area. I used to send boxes of them to my mum and dad for Xmas and birthdays. We're lucky enough to have an old fashioned sweet shop in our town (Godalming, Surrey)) that sells a good selection of them too.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2013, 19:38:10 BST
Janeway says:
Thanks Chris, Mum's thrilled she's not alone! So true about today's children- what has happened to the confectionery world?!?

Posted on 26 Jul 2013, 16:44:29 BST
Arosfa says:
Coconut mushrooms anyone????????????

Posted on 30 Jul 2013, 17:08:26 BST
lynne says:
I used to buh a bar which I think was called
Orkney fudge but it was more like a bar of tablet
Covered in chocolate , any ideas?

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jul 2013, 17:13:28 BST
Lynne

Orkney fudge is still available. I used to love this when it was branded 'Robertsons', but I tried the modern version recently and it was not as good. Various Scottish sites sell this - suggest you search on line.

Posted on 2 Aug 2013, 18:57:41 BST
J. Turner says:
I remember Tiffin bar, 5 Boys and especially Icebreaker and Pyramints - I also remember a few different flavours of Frys in a bar... am I right?

Posted on 2 Aug 2013, 19:23:17 BST
Kay C says:
Loved Aztec bars! Also that coconut tobacco that I think you can still buy per 100g online at one of the online retro sweet shops. Mint Cracknel and the Frys 5 centres were great. What I miss is Cadburys Cream Teddies that they did at Christmas, like creme eggs but teddy shaped :-)) also loved the pineapple creams you used to get in Quality Street

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Aug 2013, 19:24:49 BST
Kay C says:
Scottish Tablet Company does fantastic Scottish tablet, you can buy online from £2 a bag made by hand, its my guilty pleasure and occasional treat :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Aug 2013, 19:26:57 BST
Kay C says:
I bought Watermelon Jolly Ranchers for my daughter from American Soda online :)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (649 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  193
Total posts:  304
Initial post:  23 Jan 2009
Latest post:  28 Dec 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 28 customers