Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

Cheers - anyone know where series 7 (region 2) has got to?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Dec 2008, 14:22:37 GMT
Series 6 was released in the UK in May 2007. So that's over a year and a half ago and no sign of the seventh yet the whole set is out in region 1. Are they not bothering with the rest or what?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2008, 16:38:49 GMT
Wayne B says:
No sign of it anywhere which is so unfair to the public who have bought all 6 seasons so far on region 2.I dont want to have to buy a region 1 dvd player just to get the remaining seasons so if anyone else knows where we go to get the rest of cheers released here in the uk please let us know.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Dec 2008, 09:56:51 GMT
Naughty Boy says:
NORM!

Posted on 11 Aug 2009, 18:41:40 BST
does anyone know where to get cheers season 8,9,10 and 11 in region 2

HELP ME

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2009, 18:44:08 BST
play.com

Posted on 9 Apr 2010, 01:29:44 BST
I am having the same problem I can not for the life of me find a copy of cheers that can be played in region 2

Posted on 31 May 2010, 22:48:06 BST
A. J. Tovey says:
It is pathetic that you can get the full Frasier set but there is no sign of them bothering with the rest of Cheers after series 7, which is a disgrace.

Posted on 1 Jun 2010, 05:16:10 BST
E. Weston says:
my brother is in the same boat, he adores cheers but cannot get all the dvds, it turns out they stopped making region 2 boxsets, they do it when noone buys them so obviously it wasn't selling well..

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jun 2010, 09:34:22 BST
Toby Dammit says:
I understand your frustration. One thing you could do is convert your player to play region 1 discs. It's usually very very easy unless your player is ancient. Just google the make and model no. and you can get the region access code which you enter on the remote - hey presto you now have a multi-region player. I've done it with my last three players. Good luck!

Posted on 16 Nov 2011, 17:26:30 GMT
Serge says:
Apparently Season 8 9 10 11 region 2 will not be release on DVD due to a poor sale of the previous seasons... sad really!

Posted on 9 Dec 2011, 18:34:50 GMT
Andy Millea says:
Wow just found this out now when I went to look for S8, can't believe there isn't sufficient demand to produce at least a limited run on R2, they have the artwork for the box, inserts and discs already from the R1 release and the price of making a DVD is so cheap. It hasn't been on tv in Ireland or Britain in years, ridiculous.

Posted on 12 Dec 2011, 13:10:41 GMT
BB says:
I also hadn't realised that S7 would be the last.
You know what?..back in the day I video taped every single episode, on a Hitachi the size of a suitcase. A few years ago I was sorting the loft out and threw away dozens (hundreds?) of old videos. I remember looking at my Cheers tapes, and thought of all the effort I'd gone through to make sure I never missed one.
I remember thinking 'well, do I really need them now that they're all out on dvd'. But...I can't recall if I made the decision to bin them, or keep them tucked away! It would take some time to dig them out, but when I get a few days spare I think I need to search for them...but what if I did sling them?

Posted on 13 Dec 2011, 12:29:10 GMT
A pity for all fans...must admit I can't stand this show (I finf American style comedy mostly unfunny) , but it's so annoying when series releases stop partway.... totally unfair to those who have bought the releases to date.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Feb 2012, 19:28:17 GMT
sheilam says:
I would love to know whether or not you found them.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Feb 2012, 06:17:19 GMT
ade uk says:
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd-genres/comedy/cheers-season-8-jb-exclusive/420488

i bought all the series when in aus, jb hi fi major chain in aus, mail order service fantastic, no need for multi region player , these play fine in uk and the series stand the test of time.......

Posted on 13 Feb 2012, 12:20:57 GMT
Andy Millea says:
All seasons are on Netflix, happy days.
Your reply to Andy Millea's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on 25 May 2012, 09:15:21 BST
TB_family says:
I noticed on wikipedia that season 8 and 9 are due for release on August 6th 2012
season 8 - Cheers - Season 8 [DVD] [1989]
season 9 - Cheers - Season 9 [DVD] [1990]

It is disgraceful that you can get these on region 2 in Australia, but they didn't release them here. It was the same with the last few seasons of Golden Girls. I can't see for the life of me why they don't release older DVDs as region free. What is the point? I understand that there are differences between PAL and NTSC, but most modern TVs are capable of switching. Some manufacturers are now starting to produce region free DVD and Blu-Rays and just market 1 for all, it makes better sense, let's hope it catches on.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (649 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  3 Dec 2008
Latest post:  25 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers