Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 May 2012, 18:12:39 BST
Stu says:
I know this is going to be a quick throwaway thread but I just wondered what are your thoughts on TV from 1980 onwards? Because Im thinking of buying Miami Vice, Magnum PI, Starksy & Hutch etc.

I remember Knightrider etc so please discuss what your thoughts on this era's TV are

Posted on 26 May 2012, 13:07:14 BST
F. King says:
Well I used to love Starsky & Hutch (unsure whether my 'crush' on David Soul had anything to do with that!!) but it was a programme our parents allowed us to watch; Cant say I followed much of Miami one, but I remember someone at school talking of the 'eye-candy' and Magnum, I never watched. Knightrider was OK for kids then, from what I remember. I also used to like The Sweeney with JohnThaw, they usually got into way more trouble that the Starsky'n'Hutch crew and it was a little bit 'harsher' but it made good viewing when we could sneak a peak..
Im more of a comedy girl myself, the likes of Watching, Foreign Bodies, Fawlty Towers to name a couple; they may have been more 70's than 80's thinking about it, sorry.. But I think theyr worth a mention if you dont mind me jumping all over your post!!
Sometimes, Im not sure if watching something when you were younger ruins it for 'further-along-the-years' viewing, cos you see things completely differently as you mature, dont you think? And I would add that with all the violence etc that is on the TV now, I think its good to be able to 'go nostalgic!' Just my opinion, mind!! ((*_*))

In reply to an earlier post on 26 May 2012, 16:46:19 BST
Stu says:
I dont mind you jumping everywhere but I was born in 83 so most of my TV was re runs in the early 90's but yes I remember watching Fawlty Towers and enjoying it, along with Happy Days, Teenage Angel and my mam used to let me watch Knightrider and Red Dwarf. The Young Ones was a fave of mine too.

But yes I agree with age things do change and sometimes for the worst.

Posted on 7 Jun 2012, 01:39:12 BST
mister joe says:
Buy it all.I recently bought Airwolf and Streethawk.The programmes are horrifically cheesy with paper thin substance but they are cool.Cool because they have great theme tunes,great copters/bikes/cars,the worst scripts ever,i LOVE the way they end with everyone laughing.I am completely bias as i was a kid when these programmes were on and they have always been etched into my memory.So i say get them all and have a feast of nolstagia,pretend its 1985.....i get sad watching the programmes.

Posted on 20 Jun 2012, 13:21:27 BST
Starsky and Hutch was from the 1970s, not the 1980s !
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (648 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  25 May 2012
Latest post:  20 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer