Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

SUBTITLES FOR DEAF OR HARD OF HEARING

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 251-275 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 9 May 2011 14:12:16 BDT
Marie Durand says:
Thank you Ronald for your answer, but I think it's only the The Complete Series - 40th Anniversary Collection (released 2011) that comes with subtitles and it's only Region 1. This boxset is not sold by amazon uk. It is very difficult to be certain about subtitles. I would have bought this box set but not subtitles info...

In reply to an earlier post on 9 May 2011 14:47:55 BDT
HI Marie
You are quiet right this is NTSC .here all our DVD's are multi regional so we don't have problems buying from the good old USA !

In reply to an earlier post on 9 May 2011 17:17:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 May 2011 17:25:12 BDT
minnie mouse says:
Can anyone help? Do Midsomer Murders have Subtitles?

Posted on 9 May 2011 17:20:20 BDT
Olympic Games activities!We are a large export( Gr-oup )with good faith,running a series brand new,orginal(ite.ms) with favorable price and warranty card available in your country.We have many international(coope-rator),and ood air express:DHL,UPS,Fedex...ect.And you can receive your products in 3-4 working days.For the coming of Olimpic Games, if only buy our,you can enjoy the favorable price and get free exquisite gift- Olympic Games luck baby.
Contact us:(www.aaapcmall.com)EMAIL:aaapcmall@188.com

In reply to an earlier post on 9 May 2011 17:24:10 BDT
hope this helps minnie,
but it looks like a no no !!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3FJKO17KZAMRR&cdThread=Tx2IP7QDML7JFHJ

In reply to an earlier post on 9 May 2011 17:27:19 BDT
minnie mouse says:
Thanks Ronald -Acorn are very poor at Subtitling.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 May 2011 17:30:03 BDT
Anita says:
Minnie Mouse, unfortunately it's a big NO for all Midsomer Murders. SHAME!!!

Posted on 9 May 2011 22:14:51 BDT
have liaised with campaigns department at R N I D and they are going to raise this issue with Amazon .....

In reply to an earlier post on 10 May 2011 07:33:45 BDT
minnie mouse says:
That is good news Susan.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 May 2011 09:01:36 BDT
what has this got to do with our postings ?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 May 2011 09:55:15 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 May 2011 10:05:21 BDT
minnie mouse says:
(Miss Charlotte Britton post) I have put a "report abuse" on it Ronald. It is an intrusive advert.

Posted on 10 May 2011 16:07:03 BDT
i don't know if anyone else is familiar with this feeling but whenever i order something i really want to watch, i feel tense until i have opened the parcel and checked that each dvd does actually have subtitles.....is that daft ??

Posted on 10 May 2011 16:50:22 BDT
You are not alone here ! Once I finally manage to get the damned wrapping off, I get my glasses out and try and look for the tiny letters that say English subtitles.

Posted on 10 May 2011 17:30:39 BDT
only me says:
Brilliant, Susan, let's hope the RNID has some clout!

Posted on 10 May 2011 18:10:33 BDT
minnie mouse says:
I have been in touch with Acorn Media uk and they have sent me an email saying-
Not all of our back catalogue titles are subtitled and unfortunately this includes Midsomer Murders. However I am pleased to advise that all new titles released by Acorn Media UK will include subtitles. The latest Midsomer Murders starring Neil Dudgeon will be subtitled which are Death in the Slow Lane, Dark Secrets and Echos of the Dead.
Sandra Peterkin Acorn Media UK

In reply to an earlier post on 10 May 2011 20:25:28 BDT
Miss Susan,
No, you it most definitely is not, but it should not have to be so...
Let us hope that all the noble souls that stubbonly keep on at Amazon will in the end persuade them to give in.
Keep on Nagging; you are not alone !

nicholas e

In reply to an earlier post on 11 May 2011 19:32:31 BDT
I surely do Book Lady.
If you look you will see my initiation of discussions around exactly this point on a very large number of DVD 'scripts.
Sometimes other sellers are more helpful than Amazon.
I check out Zavvi, and Play.com, and and ebay often gives you more info.
Regards,

Alison

In reply to an earlier post on 11 May 2011 19:35:26 BDT
Oh Anita,
You're a bit of a star!!
Thanks for this. Your tastes appear to be similar to mine in some respects.
Why don't they have subs on stand-up comedy?
Alison

Posted on 12 May 2011 13:04:04 BDT
im looking the dvds mcleods daughters with greek subtitles????????????????????????????????????

Posted on 12 May 2011 13:06:10 BDT
im loking the box set mc leods daughters with greek subtitles????

In reply to an earlier post on 12 May 2011 14:49:46 BDT
Well, the very best of luck with that!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 May 2011 15:29:34 BDT
minnie mouse says:
The only Greek that I am familiar with is New Testament Greek- not much use for DVD subtitles I believe.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 May 2011 17:02:08 BDT
Try going into e-bay European websites. I bought a DVD of "The fortunes of war" last year, but unfortunately for me the sub-titles were in Dutch. Regarding the comment that the only Greek the writer was familiar with was New Testamnet Greek, I saw that one English language DVD offered sub-titles in Hebrew and Icelandic, so do not give up hope...

Posted on 16 May 2011 10:10:42 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 May 2011 09:28:25 BDT
minnie mouse says:
I have just ordered Tinker Tailor because the blurb says subtitles. Does anyone know if the other le Carre DVDs have subtitles eg. Smiley's People etc? If no one has these titles I will have to contact Amazon yet again before buying.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2011 19:37:01 BDT
I would also like to know if the other "Smiley" films have subtitles. However, another of the Le Carré adaptations, "Russia House", does although they are a bit difficult to find.
First, pick press "language". Then press, for example, "French" . You will then see a list of languages, including, hey prest0, English HOH. The film has Sean Connery in the main role and is well worth seeing.
‹ Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 79 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (645 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  379
Total posts:  1951
Initial post:  7 Jan 2009
Latest post:  4 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 48 customers

Search Customer Discussions