Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Exclusive playlist - Elton John Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 233 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Sep 2013, 19:02:26 BST
Last edited by the author on 19 Sep 2013, 19:03:02 BST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 27 Sep 2013, 18:41:08 BST
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24287207

MARS WATER SURPRISE IN CURIOSITY ROVER SOIL SAMPLES
"When it heated a small pinch of dirt scooped up from the ground, the most abundant vapour detected was H2O."

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Sep 2013, 19:07:13 BST
SP says:
I rather like this website which tells you how many people are in space.

http://www.howmanypeopleareinspacerightnow.com/

Posted on 27 Sep 2013, 20:30:28 BST
Last edited by the author on 27 Sep 2013, 20:31:57 BST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Sep 2013, 09:34:58 BST
Ken O'Neill says:
You mean that Mars is contaminated with Oxygen DiHydride?

Posted on 17 Mar 2014, 17:47:05 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Mar 2014, 18:38:49 GMT
Ronald Craig says:
"I'm starting this thread to post articles about Outer Space."

Because you think science fiction readers in the UK need you to keep them informed on Science news?

"I'm going to post non-fiction articles"

Then why isn't this in the Science forum?

"but if someone wants to post their favorite or new fiction books on this subject, go for it!"

Translation from Martinese: "Do the work of making this relevant to this forum for me, please!"

"THIRD ANNUAL 100-YEAR STARSHIP SYMPOSIUM OPENS IN HOUSTON"

What, no linky-link? How come?

Oh... I see:

http://100yss.org/symposium/2013

"PATHWAY TO THE STARS, FOOTPRINTS ON EARTH
19 - 22 September, 2013
Houston, Texas, USA"

Someone phone the Doctor and see if the Tardis is available for rent!

So... did you attend? Have you looked over the program? Got anything to DISCUSS about the symposium?

Another meaning-full thread on Marilyn Martin's personal blogspace on Amazon UK.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Mar 2014, 09:02:56 GMT
Bearman says:
Actually it Dihydrogen oxide.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Mar 2014, 10:21:18 GMT
Ken O'Neill says:
I've seen both used.

Posted on 18 Mar 2014, 12:52:57 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Mar 2014, 13:59:30 GMT
Dan Fante says:
Why do you try to hijack every thread?

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Mar 2014, 16:02:28 GMT
Bearman says:
I don't know bradders, why are you so proud to display attitudes that are described as blind bigoted ignorance. I suspect that there is a touch of lavender about you, and your bigotry (and extensive brood) is just a result of you trying to convince yourself of your own masculinity.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Mar 2014, 17:55:18 GMT

Posted on 18 Mar 2014, 20:45:52 GMT
Marilyn, i think you need to build an extention on your house, if you are "outer space";)

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Mar 2014, 21:32:30 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 19 Mar 2014, 05:21:59 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Mar 2014, 11:36:49 GMT
Bearman says:
CWB says "but would you really consider voluntarily allowing oneself to be neutered/vasectomised, a better example of 'real masculinity' ? "

What has taking responsibility for birth control got to do with masculinity?

Posted on 19 Mar 2014, 20:18:27 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Mar 2014, 22:16:29 GMT
Garscadden says:
Do you actually not understand the concept of shadows?

Posted on 19 Mar 2014, 23:27:16 GMT
Anita says:
Liquid waves just detected in the seas of Titan. Aliens are having a regatta there. How could you miss that, Marilyn?

Posted on 26 Mar 2014, 14:49:46 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Mar 2014, 14:50:43 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2014, 16:20:28 GMT
Anita says:
Overly complicated to who?

And, look, what gives you any right to decide what is ludicrous in scientific explanation? Do you have any knowledge to understand those explanations? A degree, maybe?

Imagine if I went to some DNA research lab and said: you are all idiots, folks, your work is too complicated for me to understand, hence, ludicrous.

Some things *are* complicated, Marilyn. If you are too thick to understand them, it doesn't make them wrong

Posted on 26 Mar 2014, 19:08:32 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Mar 2014, 01:16:39 GMT
Ronald Craig says:
"As expected, some 'explanations' - like some of Helsdon's - are overly complicated and border on the ludicrous to stay within the 'officially accepted version' of the cosmos. But other stories DO present intelligent and logical answers to some of NASA's past mysteries."

In other words, the ones you don't like (probably because you don't understand them or they make your favorite "speculations" less plausible) are the former, right?

Either way, unless you cite specifics, you're just engaging in verbal flatulence. Man up for a change and say what explanations exactly you find "overly complicated" and "border[ing] on the ludicrous".

And if you've a problem with the "officially accepted version" of reality, the burden is UPON YOU to disprove it and/or offer an equally rigorous alternative version with greater explanatory power.

Unless I've missed something, you have yet to do either.

Posted on 8 Apr 2014, 17:34:11 BST
Last edited by the author on 8 Apr 2014, 18:06:51 BST

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Apr 2014, 17:51:18 BST
Anita says:
Marilyn - just one question. What makes you and your buddies think that the light is artificial? What makes it different from a natural reflection (yes, I looked at the picture by the way)?

Rest assured, I *will* resist temptation to add everything else I want to
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the science fiction discussion forum (575 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  233
Initial post:  19 Sep 2013
Latest post:  16 Jun 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers