Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > romance discussion forum

Gena Showalter - Alien Huntress Series

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Feb 2011, 16:43:27 GMT
Donna Myers says:
I'm considering buying Gena Showalter's Alien Huntress series but I have a few reservations.

I love the Lords of the Underworld and Atlantis series she has done and I'm hoping these books are just as good but I've read quite a few differing reviews so I'm not sure whether to spend my money on them or not.

I read somewhere that they are first person. Which would be a definite no for me buying them, I like books that give you the perspective from both the male and female leads.

Is this series any good? Would you recommend it? Is it first person?

Thank you

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Feb 2011, 19:02:47 GMT
Hi Donna

The Alien Huntress books are first person in that you see the story unfold from the main protagnists point of view, but that switches between both the male and female leads (as well as other significant characters in the books). They are written in a very similar vein to her Lords of the Underworld books, so if you enjoyed those I'm pretty sure you will enjoy the Alien Huntress books too.

Happy reading!

Posted on 13 Feb 2011, 20:04:34 GMT
Cate says:
I wasn't sure I would enjoy them either. First 2 sat on my bookcase for ages. But, once I started the first one I was surprised. I now have the third one on my Kindle and I'm looking forward to reading it. Give it a go, they are really quite good.

Posted on 13 Feb 2011, 20:42:05 GMT
I have been avoiding them too. I just keep thinking... "Aliens? Really?" which is rather strange since I am happy to read about vampires, werewolves, ghosts, demons, etc etc etc

I did read the short story she did about aliens in Deep Kiss of Winter and I was surprised how much I liked it. I was pretty taken by the male lead in fact. Does anyone know if that story is part of this series, or is it perhaps just a stand-alone alien story?

Posted on 15 Feb 2011, 12:49:53 GMT
Donna Myers says:
OK, I'm going to trust your judgement! I've ordered the full series, 5 books. There's another 2 but it looks like they were written for teenagers so I didn't order those.

That should help my 'To Be Read' pile out a bit, I was down to 60 books, which is very bad for me as I read about 4-5 books a week!

Thank you for you replying and giving your opinions.

Posted on 19 Feb 2011, 23:14:37 GMT
Donna Myers says:
Ok, I'm disappointed. This series is definitely first person, well the first book is anyway so I'm assuming the rest are as well. When I'm reading a book about a couple I like to get the perspective of each, most authors alternate chapters for each lead. I feel you get more involved in the story that way. In the first book you have no idea what Kyrian is thinking, how he feels about Mia, etc.

I'll read the rest of the series, might as well seen as I've bought them, but I'm not going to enjoy them as much as I would have if you got the perspective of both leads.

I don't understand why authors write in the first person, I mean a relationship involves both people so surely you should get thoughts and feelings from both?

Posted on 21 Feb 2011, 20:25:31 GMT
Sometimes the not-knowing is the improtant thing, I think. It can be vital if the story hangs on a misunderstanding, for example. It would be less compelling of you knew what the other perons thought in that instance. I like both styles though.

Posted on 17 Apr 2011, 22:49:04 BST
Ms. A. Ahmed says:
i started the series in the middle bride story and read on to mckells, unknowing i brought the 1st and 2nd book shocked to see it was the all written in the 1st unlike the other stories i read, mia story was okay and readable but i eden story just felt long and tedious i couldnt connect with with the male and kept wondering what he was thinking and wondering if he liked or even loved her. i'd suggest u stay clear of enslave me sweetly (eden black story) not worth the time or money as for the rest of the series fantastic, would bride story being the best in the whole series her davayn are pure magic.

Posted on 17 Apr 2011, 22:49:25 BST
Ms. A. Ahmed says:
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the romance discussion forum (712 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
16 23 Jul 2014
Romance Devotion - Looking for books/Can't get into another MERGED!! 9377 1 day ago
Mills and boon book (1980's?) help please 999 6 days ago
Bad Boy Biker Books 874 13 days ago
Please help, looking for a good viking romance 1 18 days ago
Looking for a book where the main guy falls for his bosses daughter who is an estate agent and renovating a house.He drives a lexus 0 18 days ago
Help me find an old mills and boon its driving me crazy! 1 24 days ago
Help with finding this book 0 26 days ago
please help find an old mills and boon title 19 22 Aug 2017
The unique thing about this novel is that the heroine first saw the hero when she was a little girl as he was dating her eldest sister 0 18 Aug 2017
The unique thing about this novel is that the heroine first saw the hero when she was a little girl as he was dating her eldest sister 0 18 Aug 2017
Early Mills and Boon/Harlequin Presents 225 18 Aug 2017

This discussion

Discussion in:  romance discussion forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  13 Feb 2011
Latest post:  17 Apr 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers