Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Learn more Fitbit
Customer Discussions > romance discussion forum

Looking for Mills and boon 80's?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Jan 2013, 00:08:14 GMT
I'm looking for a Mills and boon book i read years ago. I think it was published in the 80's.
The cover was blue, couple in a pool: guy with brown hair wearing black truncks, woman wearing a blue swimming costum? with long dark hair.
The lead girl got out of an abusive marriage, I think the ex died. I think she was away visiting family or friends and meets guy, I think his name was Alec? They have sex near the end of the book but she then leaves upset about something. The hero later comes after and gets her to tell him about her marriage, and then they live happily ever after.
Help please.
PS - also looking for anyother books where girl gets out of bad realtionship and learns to love again.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2013, 08:36:02 GMT
Don't recognise the mills and boon book but another you may enjoy is new - Peace of Time by Rosalind Rendle. Has had good reviews and matches your PS comment. I enjoyed it.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2013, 16:36:34 GMT
Roroblu'sMum says:
Could it be by Yvonne Whittal? I recall the cover, but not the title. Check out fantasticfiction.com, which has covers and blurb.

I can recommend Heartbreaker by Charlotte Lamb for your PS.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Posted on 20 Mar 2013, 10:12:17 GMT
Multimum says:
Check out the Amazon forum called "Mills and boon book (1980's?) help please" which has a very good track record of finding books like yours. It has a lot of followers and seems to get quick results as well (or has when I've been asking for help!)
I'm sure ROROBLU'S MUM uses it.

Posted on 26 Feb 2014, 22:36:14 GMT
Polaris says:
Hi I'm looking for a mills and boon book, the cover is blue and features a man and woman under a palm tree on a beach. The story is a think they are step-brother and step-sister, his dad married her mum, think either the dad or mum died or maybe they both died. He thinks she's a gold-digger but they have both fancied each other for a while.

Help please.

Posted on 8 Mar 2014, 00:55:19 GMT
cookie h says:
Perilous refuge-Patricia Wilson

Posted on 11 May 2014, 21:37:03 BST
pam dyson says:
The book I'm looking for is purple and the girl has long black hair. She goes to Scotland and stays with a laird

Posted on 4 Jun 2014, 21:41:05 BST
pam dyson says:
I am looking for a mills and boon purple cover the girl has long black hair and she goes to stay at a castle when the laird saves her

Posted on 5 Jun 2014, 23:15:26 BST
natalie says:
Hi
I'm looking for a mills and boons book, probably late 90's early 00's. The hero was part of a SWAT or hostage negotiator team and the female lead was a journalist / reporter who got in his way at the very start of the book. They were then kidnapped after a party, thrown in the back of a trunk and taken to an island where they escaped from the bad guys, one of which turned out to be her father who may or may not have been responsible for his fathers death. She was scared of small dark places and they escaped using her red dress as a flag. I can't remember names and I know the plot sounds bizarre but this book has been stuck in my head for awhile now and it is really annoying me that I can't find it or remember the title. Can anyone help me please?

Posted on 14 Sep 2014, 23:05:34 BST
Last edited by the author on 18 Sep 2014, 00:29:03 BST
I am looking for a mills and boon book it about a. girl she live with her dad in a old shack they work in the stables her dad. Dies and the man in the big house takes her in but she is from a rich family her grand dad comes to fetch her she end up with the man in the big house this is a old book please can you help it was one of the first mills and boon I read thank you from sue

Posted on 29 Sep 2014, 01:19:01 BST
Can you help me with this book please

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Oct 2014, 10:50:36 BST
wobberoo says:
A reading lesson?

Posted on 26 Dec 2014, 17:43:37 GMT
I'm trying to find a novel set in the world of Ballet. The main protagonists are Carrie and Alex. They meet on holiday and she keeps her profession a secret. She falls pregnant and doesn't tell him. Does anybody remember this one? Secondary characters are Bonnie and Casimir. Cheers if you can help!

Posted on 27 Jan 2015, 00:05:27 GMT
Hello.
I need help finding a book I've read in the 80's. The plot is:
First Chapter : She is on a plane, escaping from México with her baby boy. She fears that the family of her latest husband catch her baby.
Her in-laws don't know she run out of the hacienda with the child. She arrives at USA, lives in a flat n New York or Chicago, hides the baby, try to survive and is always looking for private investigators or police wanting her son... This is what I remember... She has help from a "special heroe"... This book was a long book, more than 200 pages, I think it could be Mills and Boon, Harlequin, Sillhouette or Worldwide Library, because of the setting USA. In my head there's a idea that the cover was dark blue, an image of a big city at night, with a woman and a man. Love to know the title and the author. I'm searching this book for many years love to discover the title and author. Thanks, Carla

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Feb 2015, 11:57:10 GMT
Annie says:
Hi is it Dance while you can by Claire Harrison?

Posted on 26 Feb 2015, 08:15:15 GMT
PS says:
Hi everyone. I am looking for an old Mills and Boon story (80s/90s) that had a pink cover. The h was a bit of a plain jane who is infatuated with a famous actor and rides her bike over to his residence (they've rented a place for filming?) to catch a glimpse of him. She ends up falling from her bike and the grumpy man who comes out to help her (he's with the film crew but can't recall if he was the director?) ends up as the guy she eventually falls in love with. He also tries to help her with a make-over to catch the actor's interest.

Couple of other scenes I recall is when the actor can't keep his hands off her when he sees the h in her new swimsuit much to the chagrin of the H.

Also when the h, H and an actress from said film (who happens to be genuinely in love with the actor) sits down at dinner and when carving the chicken, blood spurts out! The H subsequently fires the cook and h saves the day by zipping up something nice to eat.

Posted on 4 Mar 2015, 21:20:24 GMT
mrslt says:
I'm looking for a book I read years ago. Can barely remember it but the hero ashamed max and the heroine had something to do with gymnastics? At one point she does a little routine for some kids I think. Anyone help?

Posted on 28 Mar 2015, 01:39:49 GMT
Hi looking for an old mills and boon from the 1980's. Her father is a banker or businessman about to go bust or is ill. She is young, her Father arranges a marriage to a greek tycoon who has secretly fallen for her. They marry and go to his greek island, I think her Father dies and there is something about her getting amnesia and also being pregnant I think. Can anyone help?

Posted on 1 Nov 2015, 11:26:20 GMT
Mr&Mrs Allen says:
Hi, I am looking for 2 Mills and Boon books. Im not sure on the year they came out.

Book 1 - Has a blue cover. It has a man and woman on the front. He is topless and she is pregnant and wearing a green nightie and they are sat on a bed. She is an author and owns a bnb with her mum i think it is, they own a parrot. They have split up and then he turns up looking for her and she finds out that he also writes books. She writes adult ones and he gets her to act out what she writes?

Book 2 - Has a blue cover. I think it has a woman on the front in a blue suit but not sure. She is a widow. Her husband was a doctor/surgeon i think and cheated alot. When he died he left her with her debt and the guys brother feels he should look after her and the baby. It then comes out that he is the father or the baby not the husband?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2015, 11:28:54 GMT
Mr&Mrs Allen says:
it sounds like sicilian vengence by sara wood but this one has a pink cover

Posted on 17 Nov 2015, 21:40:16 GMT
I am looking for an old mills and boon book with a woman in a long green dress on the cover. The plot is about a young rich girl who falls in love with a service station attendant, becomes pregnant, marries,has a miscarriage, divorces. Years later her ex husband turns up very rich and engaged to her friend. The girl's father had lost all his money and both her parents had died. The girl runs a cleaning business and actually lands a cleaning contract (unknowingly) with ex's company!!!

Posted on 6 Dec 2015, 05:09:22 GMT
Please, please, please help me find these books
1) the hero and heroine are kidnapped while on holiday. His name is Zach and she gets pregnant by him while running away together
2) The heroine takes money from the hero to leave his brother because she needed the money for her own brother's operation and years later joins the hero's company
3) The heroine gets pregnant by the hero who leaves and she takes care of her farm, and leaves her studies (she is studying history). Her sister is a Financier and lives in the neighboring farm.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2015, 05:51:16 GMT
Lush says:
Ranjita Singh I only know the first book which is Escape from Desire, by Penny Jordan.
Good luck finding the other two.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2015, 00:38:43 GMT
Thank you Lush. I loved that book and reading it now...

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Feb 2016, 14:55:41 GMT
Not his kind of woman by Roberta Leigh
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the romance discussion forum (708 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
16 23 Jul 2014
Romance Devotion - Looking for books/Can't get into another MERGED!! 9291 6 hours ago
The unique thing about this novel is that the heroine first saw the hero when she was a little girl as he was dating her eldest sister 0 2 days ago
The unique thing about this novel is that the heroine first saw the hero when she was a little girl as he was dating her eldest sister 0 2 days ago
Early Mills and Boon/Harlequin Presents 225 2 days ago
Mills and boon book (1980's?) help please 988 3 days ago
Looking for ellora's cave-paranormal erotic romance? 3 11 days ago
Bad Boy Biker Books 866 14 Jul 2017
Author C.L. Green (ridge creek ) 3 11 Jul 2017
please help find an old mills and boon title 18 6 Jul 2017
80's or 90's mills and boon or harlequin 0 30 Jun 2017
Looking for a book about a mistaken identity kidnapping 1 16 May 2017

This discussion

Discussion in:  romance discussion forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  20 Jan 2013
Latest post:  15 Dec 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers