Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > romance discussion forum

Romance with good men

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Oct 2011 00:47:55 BDT
Im looking for romance ebooks where the man is the one in the right either he's been cheated on by his wife or partner or where hes generally treated like dirt but he comes out top in the end, Ive read a lot of books where the wife was the one wronged so thought i'd try for something different :)

Any help is much appreciated!! And I'll try and recommendations.

Thanks in advance :)

Posted on 13 Oct 2011 06:25:11 BDT
This guy in this book has not been cheated on but he is an underdog. Check it out: The Third Son: A Fantasy Historical Romance (Kings of Cardenas Series Book 1)

Posted on 14 Oct 2011 15:31:18 BDT
Mel Comley says:
Dare I suggest my two novellas? They're both along those lines. One is actually a TRUE story. ;-)

A Time To Heal is a romance novella for 72p.

Here's the blurb.

Family Liaison Officer, Chloe Fullerton is helping hero pilot, Captain Steve Ewing, recuperate from injury after he landed his stricken plane, avoiding a major disaster.
Chloe's sworn off love ever since she lost the love of her life. But the spark between her and Steve makes her feel she may yet love again. There's turbulence ahead though--Steve's ex-wife is determined to wreck his and Chloe's blossoming relationship.

Novella approx 33,000 words.

I've also released a TRUE romance mystery novella called A Time for Change also for 72p.

Danielle Pires's life is going well. She has a boyfriend who wants to marry her and is building a reputation as a talented and hard-working interior designer. Keen to expand her portfolio, Danielle is delighted by a request to breathe life back into the Victorian Mansion that handsome Scott Jordache is renovating.
Her parents, meanwhile, have organised a surprise Caribbean cruise to give her a much-needed break.

Danielle sets sail only to discover Scott aboard the same ship, but mysteriously travelling under a pseudonym. Intrigued, she feels torn between mistrust and being drawn in by his charm.

Should she let herself fall for Scott or return to the security of the man she left at home?

33,000 words.

Mel

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2011 17:55:27 BDT
Thanks for all the recommendations I've just downloaded all three :)

Any other ones will be much appreciated ive always liked the underdog!!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Oct 2011 10:47:38 BDT
J. H. Miller says:
please try Our new series of Barbara Cartland Romance Novels 04 The Castle Of Love (The Pink Collection)

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2011 19:55:28 BDT
Eats Leaves says:
YesYes! Please consider reading Wild Water by Jan Ruth. Jack Redman is the wronged husband, what a refreshing change!

Posted on 19 Oct 2011 22:28:47 BDT
Ive just downloaded the last 2 suggestions!! Im loving all the ebooks with the wronged men its just nice to see that men can be decent in the book world and that there not all scoundrels :)

Thanks for all the great suggestions

Posted on 19 Oct 2011 23:04:50 BDT
Two of my books have men who were wronged by women they loved. The third was just wronged by life in general. I'm only listing the first two.

Serendipity House
Rubies and Other Gems - the Novel

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Oct 2011 20:06:15 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 15 Jan 2012 21:40:03 GMT]

Posted on 23 Oct 2011 00:38:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Oct 2011 00:39:22 BDT
My debut novel, THE SECRET is a contemporary, romance with very much a character driven storyline. It is, in essence, a love story, but with quite a hard-hitting difference. And I would most certainly describe my male protagonist as a good guy.
Consider the ingredients... a murder, a generous handful of emotional conflict, blended with plenty of sexy, romantic intrigue, and you have a compelling read that will keep you glued to your Kindle until the bitter-sweet denouement.

A woman's book? Most certainly yes, but quite a number of men have enjoyed it too... indeed only a short while ago another gentleman submitted a very pleasing review for it.
Do take a look.
Best wishes and happy reading
Jan

Posted on 23 Oct 2011 23:51:28 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Oct 2011 23:52:06 BDT
Alba52 says:
UNTYING THE KNOT by Linda Gillard. Currently a bestseller on Kindle @ £1.90/$2.99

The Scottish hero is a traumatised war veteran (ex-bomb squad) whose wife walked out on him years ago. They divorced, but he still loves her.

And how does she feel about him?... "Everyone makes mistakes, but I sometimes think I've made more than most. Marrying Magnus was one of them. But the biggest mistake I ever made was divorcing him."

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2011 19:51:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Oct 2011 19:52:55 BDT
BlueQuill says:
May I be so bold as to offer my own novel Saving Nathaniel by Jillian Brookes-Ward

Nathaniel is a good and decent man drowning in guilt and grief following the deaths of his wife and baby. Lost and alone, he is taken in hand by his new housekeeper. Initially seen as gruff and unapproachable, reticent and sometimes downright rude, he allows himself to be guided and encouraged by Megan until he slowly begins to come out of his shell.

Posted on 1 Nov 2011 08:47:03 GMT
check out Mary Middleton's For One Night Only. Mike is badly treated by his troubled wife.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mary-Middleton/e/B00288690M/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1

Posted on 4 Nov 2011 16:58:46 GMT
Ruth Johnson says:
If you are looking for good guy books try Jane (Heart's Desire Series). Best to read this one first as the plot in 1966 in London takes many twists, turns and has some funny moments. The second Jill (Heart's Desire Series) is a new story, now 1968 but with the same characters, featuring both good and bad men, who will Jill chose? Both in paperback and Kindle.

Posted on 24 Nov 2011 12:39:36 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Nov 2011 18:27:14 GMT
L. Hawkins says:
My Mom Your Dad: Happily Ever After

What if, you had a crush on a girl... And you didn't know it but, she had a crush on you? What if, you really wanted to talk to her, but just couldn't bring yourself to muster up the nerve. Then one day you decided that you had enough it was now or never. Finally you crack... You find the balls to approach the girl and you find out that not only do you like her but she likes you... Then you two start dating... Hmm life is sweet!!
But then what if... Your mom and his dad decide to call a "family caucus".... Then you find out that... the girl of your dreams that took you forever to get with is about to become you little sister. @:@ WTH????
My name is Bryce Rawlings Tyler and I go to Central High and for reals; I'm not making it up.... Welcome to my life... Hey, is it okay to kiss your sister?
Have you ever had a crush on someone and just didn't have the courage to approach them? Hylla Koeing had a crush on Bryce Tyler and Bryce Tyler had a crush on Hylla Koeing. Unfortunately for them so did their parents and they just got married.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Dec 2011 08:03:15 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 31 Dec 2011 08:04:02 GMT]

Posted on 10 Feb 2012 21:44:32 GMT
JJ Joseph says:
Ross Poldark gets his 16 year old kitchen helper in a family way which starts all kinds of gossip and scandal in their 18th century village. But, to the astonishment of the scandalised gentry, he marries her and treats her well and she loves him steadfastly over 10 volumes (or DVDs).

Posted on 10 Feb 2012 22:59:58 GMT
David Balaam says:
Columbus Day by David Balaam has a male lead. Gentle romantic story. Read first chapter free.
No sex, no violence, no Vampires - must be a good read'

Try this romantic novel with a touch of intrigue. It's a well paced story of life and hope after loss and despair. An ordinary man living an ordinary life until he loses it all, or so he thinks. . .

Posted on 10 Feb 2012 23:25:58 GMT
Try No More Mulberries, also available in paperback edition. In the beginning of this novel the reader's sympathy is with the wife, a Scots-born woman married to an Afghan doctor and living in quite difficult circumstances in Afghanistan. However, as the novel progresses and the reader discovers more about Dr Iqbal's past life he becomes a much more sympathetic character. Set amongst the grandeur of the foothills of the Hindu Kush against a backdrop of war No More Mulberries provides a fascinating insight into life in Afghanistan.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Feb 2012 14:45:22 GMT
Hi Hope you don't think it's too cheeky to suggest you read The Bitti Chai my first book. I think you'll like it and it fits your criteria. Happy reading.The Bitti Chai

Posted on 11 Feb 2012 15:01:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Feb 2012 15:03:18 GMT
My hero Nicholas in The Apple Tree is definitely a good man who believes he is 'wronged' when the heroine fails to tell him she is already married. He is deeply hurt by this and convinced he cannot forgive her. But despite being gorgeous, eligible and sure of himself, he doesn't yet know his heart and really has to find out the hard way that it won't be ruled by his head. You can't help but fall a little bit in love with him!
Your reply to ManicScribbler's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the romance discussion forum (686 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  romance discussion forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  13 Oct 2011
Latest post:  11 Feb 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions