Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > rock discussion forum

Bill Nelson televised concert tickets

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 74 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Feb 2011 14:07:01 GMT
Last edited by the author on 24 Feb 2011 14:07:58 GMT
James Warner says:
If you're feeling flush, this may interest you:

Bill Nelson has been invited to appear on the itv television series 'legends' performing in front of a strictly limited audience. the performance will contain a cross-section of his work but with his 1970s and 80s output most prominent. the concert will last approx 90 minutes.

Audience members will receive a champagne/wine reception, be seen in the programme, enjoy a meet n' greet session with photo session after the show and be given a free copy of the show's dvd when it is eventually released. each audience member's name will appear on the dvd credits and on the tv credit roll.

The concert will be performed and filmed at metropolis studios in London on the 26th march this year.

Now the bad news - tickets are £175 plus booking fee!

For more information and to purchase tickets please log onto the official website for the series:
http://www.metropolis-events.co.uk/

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2011 23:03:21 GMT
Martin says:
Hence the 'strictly limited' bit! Sounds a bit like one of those concert package deals to me, normally reserved for the likes of Rod and Cliff. Bill's a great artist, but how many people are going to pay that to see him just for the sake of some shampoo, a free DVD with spurious credits no one but your mum will be impressed by and a quick handshake with the man himself?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Feb 2011 07:45:02 GMT
To hear him play. After all he only does one gig a year and has no plans to do anymore. According to his site he is not going to make much from this at all, the lions share is going to the TV company who have rented the venue for filming. This is not the usual sort of gig.

Posted on 25 Feb 2011 08:26:53 GMT
Tikka says:
I like Bill. Good luck to him. £175 is beyond me tho'.....

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Feb 2011 09:46:26 GMT
Huck Flynn says:
hey Smitty - Would love to see Nelson live but £175 is having a laff. Is it for charity ? Here's a much cheaper gig - 5th May in Real Music Club, Errigle Inn, Belfast, the great Terry Reid for under £20 probably.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Feb 2011 11:36:22 GMT
Martin says:
With all due respect, though, Huck, Terry Reid ain't Bill Nelson.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Feb 2011 12:40:59 GMT
Huck Flynn says:
personal taste Martin - i think he's one of the greatest vocalists who has ever lived (not to mention a great songwriter and good guitarist) and Seed of Memory is one of my top ten albums. i'm also a big fan of Bill and BBD (listened to Futurama only t'other day)

Posted on 25 Feb 2011 13:09:16 GMT
James Warner says:
To put this in perspective, Bill's last convention was £85 for two days including three concerts, a Q & A session, meet and greet plus a CD and a DVD. It's not Bill who's making out of this - if it was, I may have considered going.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Feb 2011 14:17:55 GMT
Huck Flynn says:
now that's a bargain

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Feb 2011 14:36:10 GMT
Martin says:
So if even die-hards are going to be put off by the price, who's gonna go?

Posted on 25 Feb 2011 16:46:51 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 25 Feb 2011 16:47:18 GMT]

Posted on 25 Feb 2011 17:44:59 GMT
James Warner says:
I was pleasantly surprised how many Nelsonians on Bill's website forum have actually stumped up the cash to go. I can't see them selling all the 125 tickets, though.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Feb 2011 21:59:36 GMT
The gig is not for charity, the TV crew making it appear to be getting the lions share of the loot. They had a Roy Harper gig at £195!!!! Which has sold out.

http://www.billnelson.com/html/park/inn.php

Terry Reid, hmmmmmm.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Feb 2011 22:03:19 GMT
If I lived near the venue I would get a ticket. This will be a unique event as far as Bills music goes, because he going to go back through his career and dig out some Be Bop, possibly some Red Noise and have a full band playing. I was on the cusp of going to see the Nelsonica but events conspired to leave me unable to go. Nelsonica sounds like great value for money and a great way to see and enjoy good music.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Feb 2011 00:04:07 GMT
Martin says:
Roy Harper for 195 quid?? I once saw him for about 50p - and he played for four hours non-stop!

Posted on 28 Feb 2011 12:21:38 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Feb 2011 12:25:30 GMT
Huck Flynn says:
i suppose if you compare it to premiership football tickets it's bluddy great value and you nearly always get a result !
if they sell 125 tickets for £175 that's about 20 grand - wayne rooney wouldn't get out of bed for that sort of money !

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2011 22:56:24 GMT
Martin says:
But is he happy?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2011 12:18:35 GMT
Huck Flynn says:
i hope not, i really do (and i'm a man u fan)

Posted on 1 Mar 2011 18:31:02 GMT
BOF © says:
Rooney - Happy? don't be daft........................ he's f*cking ecstatic.
best bones
B.O.F.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Mar 2011 14:29:38 GMT
Martin says:
Well that beats the usual things.

Posted on 2 Mar 2011 23:28:15 GMT
Mr. P. Cook says:
Well, I'm going and believe me, Bill Nelson is the real deal. Just because he had to personal vision to turn down the rock n roll circus at the height of his career, there can be a tendency to think that out of sight means something else. The list of admirers tells its own story - Brian Eno, Brian May, Kate Bush, Mc Cartney, Bowie, The Darkness - the list goes on.

ITV have done the normal 'pay to play' thing, just to ensure that the long tradition of exploiting artists is maintained. Give this some serious thought.

Peter Cook

Author 'Sex, Leadership and Rock'n'Roll'

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Mar 2011 23:34:25 GMT
Martin says:
McCartney's a Bill Nelson fan? Wow, his personal taste isn't usually that good, despite his own genius.

Posted on 3 Mar 2011 15:41:52 GMT
Mr. P. Cook says:
Heh, heh, well Bill did not manage to write the Frog Song, and 'fan' is a strong word, but Macca bumped into him many years ago and gave him the nod.

Lest we forget his genius, take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzZUyTpmy3g&feature=related

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2011 16:14:35 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Mar 2011 18:03:23 GMT
Carradale says:
Can't really see the mileage in a television programme solely devoted to Bill Nelson concert tickets.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2011 17:54:58 GMT
Mr. P. Cook says:
I think you may have misunderstood, the programme is a concert by him
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the rock discussion forum (785 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  74
Initial post:  24 Feb 2011
Latest post:  23 May 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions