Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > rock discussion forum

Edinburgh 'Out to Lunch'

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 20 Jan 2016, 01:22:06 GMT
Lez Lee says:
Either's fine for me. I've no venue suggestions, sorry.

Posted on 19 Jan 2016, 22:00:01 GMT
nocheese says:
It is a fact universally acknowledged that if Celtic Connections is on, The Wharfster will not be far away. So how about we all meet up with him for a spot of 'out to lunch' before he returns to his benighted homeland?
He leaves on 4th February (so soon?), so the best dates would be 2nd or 3rd Feb. Any preferences, or suggestions as to a suitable venue?

Posted on 15 Dec 2015, 20:28:37 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Dec 2015, 21:44:57 GMT
Johnny Bee says:
Remiss of me not to post on the day.

Pleasant meal and great company, of course.

Thanks folks!

Nothing wrong with a wee w(h)ine now and again btw.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2015, 00:25:24 GMT
nocheese says:
Cheek

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2015, 00:24:21 GMT
Lez Lee says:
.........of water

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2015, 00:23:40 GMT
nocheese says:
Never touched a drop.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2015, 00:04:14 GMT
Wharf Rat says:
.....and yourself nc...? ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2015, 00:01:29 GMT
Wharf Rat says:
......I'll give that one a note Peter a proper Viking welcome for the
next time....;-)

Posted on 14 Dec 2015, 17:10:34 GMT
glad y'all had a good time, but i don't fancy messin' with peter the (obviously) great! :)

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2015, 13:22:32 GMT
Erm, lets just say I was less than complimentary regarding the intelligence of the person who removed and the appalling way of treating a good customer. All credit to whoever re-evaluated it and put it back very speedily though.

Posted on 14 Dec 2015, 12:58:47 GMT
nocheese says:
I've never known that to happen before. What on earth did you say to them, Peter?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2015, 12:55:59 GMT
Lez Lee says:
Yes, it's back now and unedited!

Posted on 14 Dec 2015, 12:49:27 GMT
nocheese says:
Have you got it back, Lez? So what's happened? Did they remove then reinstate it in the light of Peter's (I'm sure) well reasoned argument?

Posted on 14 Dec 2015, 12:44:19 GMT
Lez Lee says:
Blimey, 'zon have seen sense!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2015, 12:39:36 GMT
nocheese says:
I've still got the original, hasn't been removed.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2015, 12:09:56 GMT
Lez Lee says:
That's utterly ridiculous, Peter. I track this discussion and still have it in my inbox - took me 3 times to find what I think 'zon must have objected to. Anyway here's your post without the suspect word:

>>Great to see you all. Even the bah humbug brigade - actually I think that's all of you - were in good spirits re the festive season with plenty of smiles and laughs all round. Shame you couldn't make this one Wharfy but it did give us the chance to roundly s... you off lol.
Glad you took to Liz, she's a great lass. Also glad I asked her along. Hadn't thought things through and had intended driving. Given it was almost dark when we left would have been a nightmare. Don't do night time driving except on clear nights in well lit areas. Dark with water laden atmosphere would have been an accident waiting to happen.<<

Posted on 14 Dec 2015, 11:52:04 GMT
I am totally furious with Amazon for removing my post. Just sent an intemperate e-mail to them on matter. About time they engaged their brains and applied some thought to what they do

Posted on 14 Dec 2015, 11:26:48 GMT
nocheese says:
My return travel wasn't easy or cosy, but it was entertaining - a carriage full of garrulous drunks working their way through vodka and red bull from the refreshment trolley made sure there was never a dull moment.

Posted on 14 Dec 2015, 11:19:30 GMT
Great to see you all. Even the bah humbug brigade - actually I think that's all of you - were in good spirits re the festive season with plenty of smiles and laughs all round. Shame you couldn't make this one Wharfy but it did give us the chance to roundly slag you off lol.
Glad you took to Liz, she's a great lass. Also glad I asked her along. Hadn't thought things through and had intended driving. Given it was almost dark when we left would have been a nightmare. Don't do night time driving except on clear nights in well lit areas. Dark with water laden atmosphere would have been an accident waiting to happen.

Posted on 14 Dec 2015, 00:42:22 GMT
china cat says:
Grand to see you all; hope your return travel was easy and cosy.

Posted on 14 Dec 2015, 00:06:46 GMT
Lez Lee says:
A pretty day in Dunblane. A lovely meal and good company. Great to meet Liz who fitted in just fine and is definitely 'one of us'. A shame Wharfy couldn't make it but we hope to have another get-together in January.

Posted on 13 Dec 2015, 20:26:25 GMT
nocheese says:
Back from Dunblane, which was glistening prettily in the frosty air. Inside The Riverside it was nice and cosy, and they do good scran. The usual suspects were all on form and the craic was mighty. Good to meet Liz, whose sense of humour blended in seamlessly. Oh, and Wharfy's ears were probably burning.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2015, 18:34:43 GMT
RedJohn says:
Why thankee maam. Likewise.

Posted on 12 Dec 2015, 18:05:31 GMT
nocheese says:
Bless your scouser socks, RJ. Wish you could be there.

Posted on 12 Dec 2015, 18:02:42 GMT
RedJohn says:
I trust you will all have an admirable luncheon tomorrow (in other words..... 'ave a bludy gud nosh up termorra allderlorryers).
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the rock discussion forum (789 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  1605
Initial post:  17 May 2011
Latest post:  12 Nov 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers