Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Fitbit
Customer Discussions > rock discussion forum

Attention RUSH fans! Favourite RUSH Album Please

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 199 posts in this discussion
Posted on 25 Feb 2010, 23:27:27 GMT
Mr Blackwell says:
rush clunkers? not sure they have ever made a disc that would be considered a clunker,certainly there have been a few that i dont care for,such as PRESTO(boring IMHO) andd VAPOR TRAILS(plain average)

re 2112 am i the only one that prefers side 2? side 1 on the original disc too long and dare i say it a tad boring,the live version on ATWAS is far better,and the truncated version performed on R30 tour was the business,just a thought.

Posted on 26 Feb 2010, 00:31:31 GMT
xplanet2112 says:
..2112... Has to be!!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Sep 2010, 09:28:39 BST
Mad Earwig says:
Attention All Planets Of The Solar Federation!

Rumours of a Rush box set with out- takes and unreleased material are going round. About time too (but we don't need more live stuff boys)

New album and I reckon a European tour in 2011....

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Sep 2010, 23:26:20 BST
Last edited by the author on 9 Oct 2010, 18:20:25 BST
Mr Blackwell says:
I hope this is true,the Glasgow Apollo gig from 1980,please please please,stunning set list, as follows:

freewill
by tor and the snow dog/xanadu
spirit of the radio
natural science
passage to bangkok
the trees
cygnus x-1
hemispheres
closer too the heart
beneath,behind between
jacobs ladder
workin man
finding my way
anthem
bastille day
in the mood
la villa strangiato

superb or what?

Posted on 29 Sep 2010, 00:24:30 BST
I might go for 1968's The Circle Game, or 1970's Wrong End of the Rainbow.

Posted on 29 Sep 2010, 14:11:38 BST
Mad Earwig says:
Mr. B
Just got a cracking boot of Rush Live Chicago 1-3-81 and the track listing is amazing...could be mixing desk recording.
Must find a few more...

Posted on 29 Sep 2010, 14:23:53 BST
zippop says:
Hemispheres Bar None - Mmm although FTKs, Moving Pictures and PW are also incredible - Mmm tough call ...

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Sep 2010, 23:45:05 BST
Last edited by the author on 29 Sep 2010, 23:45:58 BST
Mr Blackwell says:
Hello M. E.

i assume the track listing is similar to the Apollo gig? We definitely need a box set,i would love some archive live,Glasgow obviously,not sure there are many studio outakes,lying around,although they would be most welcome.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2010, 20:25:02 BST
Mad Earwig says:
Hi M.B
What I have heard from Rolling stone and other websites is a potential box set of outtakes, unreleased versions and tracks left off albums. I do not think it is live stuff but then I suppose we already have loads of Rush live.

Come on Mercury, release it quickly.

Posted on 21 Nov 2010, 16:55:09 GMT
Mrsb Roe says:
as i speak im listening to signals ..wow every song is fantastic subdivisions is just mind blowing,remember them previewing it when i saw them on the moving pictures tour.Ok my fav top 5 albums in order
1 .m pictures
2.permanent waves
3.hemispheres
4.HOLD your FIRE ..very underrated
5.rush in rio DVD ok not an album but amazing to watch the crowd reaction to YYZ.

Posted on 28 Nov 2010, 23:14:24 GMT
Rush are touring again and are playing Moving Pictures in its entirety. Dublin price for tickets is outside my comfort zone :-( :::: Approx £70 a go!

Posted on 28 Nov 2010, 23:43:10 GMT
Vambo says:
Just bought mine for Newcastle, with extras.... £52 then i got told about the Moving Pictures entirety thang! not my favouritest of albums.

Posted on 29 Nov 2010, 08:00:21 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Nov 2010, 15:13:17 GMT
Mr Blackwell says:
Smitty, £70 seems a bit steep.my Glasgow ticket cost £55 inc booking,although i do believe some pre sale tickets cost £80( must be seat on stage with the band !!!!

Now if they play MP in its entirety excellent , if they could throw in 'Overture/Temples/Finale with By tor/Xanadu and La Villa... i could die a happy man.

Posted on 29 Nov 2010, 14:28:16 GMT
Mad Earwig says:
Wow, I managed to get 5th row at the O2 for next May for my son and me
(proud Dad, he loves Rush...my job is done)

Just need the new album and possible box set now....

Posted on 29 Nov 2010, 15:28:21 GMT
Exit Stage Left because it mainly covers what I think was probably their best period of music - classics such as Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures, and because Live Albums are often the best way to really appreciate a band, taking away some of the sterility of excessive studio production.

Mind you, I have all their albums - they've never made a bad one.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Dec 2010, 21:39:18 GMT
Blist says:
I can't believe the impact Rush had, musically, on my life from '75 onwards. The same as most Rush fans, I have them all, however, the absolute magic wavererd slightly after Moving Pictures. From then on there were class tracks on certain albums, but also a few safe offerings.
I'm 50 next year and I'm sure those of you who found Rush later will disagree; it makes no diffference. We all would agree that, asa live offering, theyare still up there with the best.
To my favourite album? Very tough. Kings, Hemisphere's, Permanent Waves or Moving Pictures; not in order. It changes constantly.
Worst album: Vapour Trails.

Posted on 22 Dec 2010, 01:03:18 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Dec 2010, 01:04:34 GMT
Puffany says:
Fave studio album & song changes occaisionally.

Favourite studio album - 2112

Favourite song - Earthshine (studio version)

Favourite live album - Different Stages

Posted on 22 Dec 2010, 08:12:44 GMT
Worst I have heard so far has got to be Rush in Rio, it sounds worse than bootlegs I have of the band, which is saying something when you consider the potential that the properly recorded and "mixed" gig could have had. Great setlist though.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Dec 2010, 08:31:55 GMT
Puffany says:
G'day Smitty - agree with you on Rio. Can you imagine how good Rio would've been with it's awesome setlist if it had been recorded as well as the R-30 album was? R-30 was great but who needs those lame cover versions on there?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Dec 2010, 20:43:57 GMT
Must check out R-30! Thanks, Puffany :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Dec 2010, 22:19:25 GMT
Mr. David says:
Mine's gotta be MOVING PICTURES but I also like, COUNTERPARTS, POWER WINDOWS and PERMANENT WAVES although every Rush album has something to recommend on it. Can't wait for the UK shows next year

Posted on 22 Dec 2010, 22:43:45 GMT
Vambo says:
Mines got to be Hemispheres or 2112 or A Farewell To Kings.

I got tickets for 2011 too

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2011, 20:26:56 GMT
Mad Earwig says:
Got to agree with you guys, I bought the Rush in Rio CD set as I enjoyed the DVD so much but the sound quality is appalling and I was surprised at the quality of the mix.
Guess it may be remastered at a later date for us to go buy again...

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2011, 22:59:25 BST
Mad Earwig says:
Its time! (stand still)
R U S H at the o2 tomorrow night....its gonna be good and roll on the new album please!

Time to play the bootlegs again....

Posted on 24 May 2011, 23:17:06 BST
Johnny Bee says:
Is there a decent best of or box?

Had a good few back in the day, but only have the permanent Waves album now.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the rock discussion forum (789 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  102
Total posts:  199
Initial post:  25 Oct 2008
Latest post:  18 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers