Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > rhythm and blues discussion forum

Motown back catalogue.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Sep 2013, 13:31:29 BST
alex duffy says:
hi. im an avid fan of motown, and feel short changed, with the amount of titles i have on vinyl, that i would love to own on CD format. Im sure im not alone in this, as there are thousands of music lovers worldwide, in the same predicament. Sure a lot of early motown was made available on cd, but its 2013 and there are still back catalogue titles by Artists like THE TEMPTATIONS,RICK JAMES, JERMAINE JACKSON,GARRY GLENN, etc who linger in the vaults of UNIVERSAL, if it was"nt for small labels like BBR/vinyl masterpiece/robinsongs/etc, then the soul world would be ignored by a major label, for the non descript world of the BOYbands ( i use bands as a description only, as most cant play any musical instrument ). what do other soul fans think of the situation, love to hear your comments....Alex.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2013, 19:29:15 GMT
Porkygremlin says:
Im also a big motown fan. When are universal going to release the Ric Tic Material, ie San Remo strings , al kent , JJ barnes And the Fantastic 4 on CD. Berry Gordy bought Ric tic in the mid 60s and motown have only released the Edwin Starr stuff and as universal now own motown they could put out all this material. There are plenty of bootleg stuff out there that sells well
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the rhythm and blues discussion forum (34 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  1 Sep 2013
Latest post:  9 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.