Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > religion discussion forum

We have freedom of religion but there also needs to be freedom FROM religion.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 409 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 May 2014 11:38:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 May 2014 11:39:10 BDT
Snowyflake says:
Religious agendas shouldn't supersede the rights of people who choose not to affiliate with religion. Religion should not infringe on the rights of others.

Posted on 24 May 2014 11:50:28 BDT
I don't see why we shouldn't have a separation of Church and State, nor why we should let religions maintain their tax-free status.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2014 11:57:03 BDT
Snowyflake says:
America's constitution is clear about the separation of church and state yet we see the increasing infiltration of religious views into secular government and education. Britain has a state religion, The Church of England, where the Queen is the Head of the Church. However, Britain allows for the freedom of religion, thought and conscience and yet we see the increasing infiltration of faith schools where the next generation are indoctrinated into their various faiths, be it Christian, Jewish or Muslim. Education is for learning not indoctrination. Children should have the freedom from religion until they are of an age to make an informed decision.

Posted on 24 May 2014 12:02:06 BDT
Curious irony, isn't it - the USA has the formal separation yet religion influences almost everything; we don't, and religious influence is minimal.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2014 12:07:45 BDT
Nice idea. It won't happen in my lifetime that's for sure. This ties in with my feeling that indoctrination of children at a young age is child abuse. Until that stops we are on a hiding to nothing. We protect children from sexual predators to some extent by having an age of consent and we should have the same for religion.... an age of reason.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2014 12:55:59 BDT
Stu says:
That would be a very good idea Nestov, and I agree with you on the point that indoctrination is a form of child abuse. I am very glad that when my daughter talks about religious education from what she has been doing at school, I can give her both sides of the story and not just one side that she gets told at school.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2014 13:13:30 BDT
Norm Deplume says:
Hi Stu,

When you say "both sides" it prompted me to think. Creationists keep trying to insert their views, in one guise or another, as an alternative to science. What sort of reaction would they produce if they were told that their children would be obliged to be taught an alternative to their religion. Any protest would be hypocritical, so I am sure it would be welcomed.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2014 13:25:57 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 May 2014 14:43:39 BDT
Stu says:
Well Norm if they are taught properly they should be taught by an atheist also so that they fully understand, but it would confuse their young minds a bit would it not.

Posted on 24 May 2014 19:26:59 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 24 May 2014 20:10:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 May 2014 20:32:12 BDT
Spin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2014 20:20:12 BDT
Snowyflake says:
Um.........no.

Unless you have some evidence that the rest of us are unaware of.....

Can't wait to see the evidence. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2014 20:20:59 BDT
Snowyflake says:
Yeah, but we let you post anyway :)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2014 21:01:50 BDT
Who thinks North Korea is a swell place to live, again, gormless one?

Posted on 24 May 2014 23:24:12 BDT
Spin says:

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2014 16:45:39 BDT
Stu says:
As a reborn theist spin, maybe you would be so kind as to inform us atheists what actually did cause the big bang, apart from your underwear when you throw them on the floor?

Posted on 25 May 2014 18:50:01 BDT

Posted on 25 May 2014 19:14:14 BDT
Snowyflake says:
http://ffrf.org/

Just for you Gomer :)

Try and keep an open mind...........

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2014 20:54:16 BDT

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2014 20:58:56 BDT
Spin says:

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2014 20:59:19 BDT
Snowyflake says:
Did all the candies fall out? :)

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2014 21:07:09 BDT
I can feel the breeze blowing through it...

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2014 21:22:56 BDT
Ronald Craig says:
Um... you just demonstrated that you really don't understand scientific theory or how Science works. At all.

Good to know.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2014 22:05:56 BDT
Gomless-gormless-gnomus says:
Gomer's mind is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide......open.......

We can feel the draft from here.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2014 22:31:58 BDT
Spin says:

Posted on 25 May 2014 22:34:13 BDT
Spin says:
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the religion discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
162 17 days ago
20 Arguments for the existence of a deity 205 20 minutes ago
Why did we stop inventing gods? 91 37 minutes ago
The Power of Prayer. 2369 1 hour ago
Morality and ethics. 505 1 hour ago
Should the RIGHT to HATE be protected and enshrined in law. 264 2 hours ago
How believers and atheists behave 15 2 hours ago
Do different planets have their own gods or does our god rule the universe. 10 2 hours ago
Irish Seminarians turn to Grindr - Shock, Horror! 5 7 hours ago
Why did it take precisely 7 days, not more or less, for Jahwah,God or Allah to create the universe? 177 8 hours ago
Atheists v theisists, nothing friendly, no holding but low punches allowed, don't even wait for the bell.... ding ding. 0 8 hours ago
Which were the first people to invent gods. 13 9 hours ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  religion discussion forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  409
Initial post:  24 May 2014
Latest post:  14 Jun 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions