Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > religion discussion forum

Anyone remember the last episode of mash...?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-48 of 48 posts in this discussion
Posted on 4 Apr 2013 02:26:45 BDT
light says:
April is National child abuse prevention month, where I live. Do you have it there, I tried to google it, I found International child abuse prevention month but I'm not sure if it's in April or not, do you know about this?

thanks light

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2013 09:39:04 BDT
Bellatori says:
Oh come on Spin... where did I say that the morality was based on an episode of Mash? Why make it personal? This whole issue refers actually to a BBC web site article and under what circumstances and where do we draw the line being the issue.

Your post was a disappointing and wilful misrepresentation. I would have hoped for better from you.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2013 10:23:27 BDT
Pendragon says:
Bella

You say to Spin "I would have hoped for better from you."

Your optimism does you credit, sir. A few more months on the forum and your hopes will be more realistic.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2013 10:29:11 BDT
Dan Fante says:
While the sentiment for these types of things seems admirable I'm never sure how they exactly hope to achieve their aims. Raising awareness I suppose although lack of awareness doesn't strike me as the major problem.

Posted on 4 Apr 2013 10:36:51 BDT
K. Hoyles says:
'K. Hoyles says:
Oh dear, you guys obviously haven't suffered weeks of sleepless nights with a young baby...'

Sorry, I couldn't have been more wrong...

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2013 13:33:46 BDT
Spin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 4 Apr 2013 14:06:54 BDT
I've no idea what this has got to do with religion, but babies do seem to be badly affected by take-off and landing on air flights and the ear-popping effect. We learnt the hard way with my son and gave up foreign holidays for a while, then when I won a holiday we went again with my daughter being the baby, but she didn't seem so badly affected as my son had been. It never occurred to us to drug them in any way, as I'm sure it could be dangerous.

For people who have to fly with a baby I'm not sure what the answer would be. They can't suck a sweet, and a dummy might make it worse. Just distracting them seems to be the best way. I think there could be an argument for stopping babies from flying the way they do with pregnant women, but they don't so I think parents can hopefully be reassured that in spite of the screams the baby is unlikely to suffer any harm!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2013 14:14:04 BDT
Bellatori says:
Did you read the original BBC article? The reason I put this in here is that it is a question of where we draw the line for what is moral and what is not...

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2013 14:27:19 BDT
I don't think there is a line - you just do the best you can, which I think most parents do.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2013 16:31:48 BDT
Bellatori says:
C. E. Statham says: "you just do the best you can" Of course you do but then, of course, Diane will tell you that it is not good enough...

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2013 18:31:43 BDT
Spin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2013 20:17:15 BDT
Well, doing the best you can for your kids isn't the same thing as doing anything for them.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2013 15:36:31 BDT
Spin says:
CE; While I agree with that, there are many who do not. It is the "anything", any thought or deed believed to benefit the individual, the family or society, that constitutes the conflict between various ideologies, be they religious, political or purely aesthetic.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2013 17:20:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Apr 2013 17:29:24 BDT
Tom M says:

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2013 17:25:33 BDT
Tom M says:

Posted on 6 Apr 2013 17:42:43 BDT
Tom M says:

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2013 18:23:56 BDT
Garscadden says:
Do you intervene when a parent hits their child in public? When a parent vocally abuses a child?

I don't have the strength of character to do that to a stranger, but have done so to siblings and friends. (Not that my siblings or friends in general are abusive to their children)

Posted on 6 Apr 2013 18:42:04 BDT
Tom M says:

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2013 18:46:22 BDT
Tom M says:

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2013 18:58:22 BDT
Tom M says:

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2013 19:04:28 BDT
Tom M says:

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2013 19:11:59 BDT
Tom M says:

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Apr 2013 15:45:26 BDT
Spin says:
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the religion discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
158 3 days ago
Book (Snapping of the American Mind) shows Harvard tests showing parental neglect causes homosexuality 917 6 minutes ago
Why is this Forum so full of.... 14 15 minutes ago
Why did it take precisely 7 days, not more or less, for Jahwah,God or Allah to create the universe? 79 26 minutes ago
Gay habits and God. Smokers and the devil. 356 1 hour ago
The Virgin Mary. Mother of a God. the Epitome of Female purity and devotion to the Male 11 3 hours ago
The Power of Prayer. 2057 5 hours ago
How do Christians decide which rules in the bible should be obeyed? 117 12 hours ago
Why are atheists without theism, which is to say why are atheists, atheists? 56 18 hours ago
God, Jesus and Skynet. 0 18 hours ago
if you don't like and don't believe in religion nobody says you are religiousphobic. So where did the liberal myth of Islamaphobia come from. 12 1 day ago
A Syrian refugee with a criminal past and a history of assaults in Germany has today killed a woman with a machete. Come here, come to us said Merkel. She MUST STAND DOWN NOW. 29 1 day ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  religion discussion forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  3 Apr 2013
Latest post:  7 Apr 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions