Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > religion discussion forum

Was a person called Jesus, ever really crucified?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 13:28:55 GMT
Jim Guest asked "So does that mean that underage sex is ok?"

That's a bit of a non sequitur! I can't really see why, saying our understanding of death has improved over time, suggests that under age sex is okay?

To answer your question, I think there is a huge difference between two, mature for their age, teenagers having sex and a case where there is a large age difference. But, in general no, our improved understanding of death doesn't mean that under age sex is okay.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 13:35:19 GMT
C. A. Small wrote "my favourite, 'the last continent'"

It's a tough choice, but "Moving Pictures" probably just pips "Wyrd Sisters" to the post, followed by any other story that features either Granny Weatherwax or Rincewind!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 13:49:31 GMT
Jim Guest says:
'That's a bit of a non sequitur!'

I thought you'd eventually say that.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 14:45:29 GMT
Jim Guest wrote "I thought you'd eventually say that."

Did you know I would also claim that a happy yak needs no string? Or that the F of the S is more D than the M? Thought so!

I think the Church of the SubGenius would suit you quite nicely.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 14:54:14 GMT
Jim Guest says:
'Did you know I would also claim that a happy yak needs no string?'

I'm sure you know that people who would prefer under-age sex to be acceptable also prefer Jesus to bugger off out of their lives. Very sequitur, that. One must take care who one associates with.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 15:22:18 GMT
Ignore him

Posted on 12 Mar 2012 17:14:12 GMT
David Rudd says:
'There are more things in heaven and on earth that were ever dreamt of in your philosophy' (and mine), C. A. Small. Is it really superstitious drivel to suppose that there might be a being who is greater than death.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 18:00:37 GMT
NF says:
I find the Jesus Mysteries by Timothy Freke a good read on the subject!

Posted on 12 Mar 2012 19:13:40 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Mar 2012 19:14:17 GMT
"Is it really superstitious drivel to suppose that there might be a being who is greater than death. "

Yes. It's just a crutch for an ego that can't accept the fact of death, or cope with reality in general.

By the way, if you're going to quote Shakespeare, kindly credit your source.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 20:40:06 GMT
C. A. Small says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 20:40:47 GMT
C. A. Small says:
NF- I have recommended this frequently, but theists do not like it for some reason.

Posted on 12 Mar 2012 21:27:11 GMT
David Rudd says:
RW: I did use quotation marks to show that the words were not mine. Maybe I didn't know it was Shakespeare; or maybe I just assumed that anyone who knows owt would know that the prince of Denmark spoke these words.

CAS: It's just an abbreviation of my name.

I have known God speak to me in ways which were sufficiently objective to be other than fanciful imaginings, but not so objective that I could prove it to a third party. I do not know why God whispers then sometimes seems to hide; but he does promise that if we seek him we will find him. And sometimes he finds us even when we're not looking - as he did when he revealed himself to Saul (Paul) of Tarsus, that zealous persecutor of Christians.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 21:35:02 GMT
Spin says:
DR: I personally am not concerned with wheter a prophet died or not. It is his message, the ideology he advocates that is of importance. As a student of Buddhism, I do not care less whether a Buddha actually existed, died or achieved Nirvana. It is the truth of the doctrine that is of import to me. not who said it or whether they promise me anything. In a thousand years will people ask if Martin Luther King actually lived and died? Do people now ask that question? No. It is your trust in the ideology, the principle, not in the the man or woman, that makes the difference.

Posted on 12 Mar 2012 21:58:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Mar 2012 16:42:55 GMT
David Rudd says:
Spin: I think you have a very good point. If people truly sought to live by the teachings and principles of the Buddha, Zoroaster, Jesus and the like, the world would be a much better place.

Yet a famous Christian once said, 'If it is for this life only we hope, then we are of all fools most to be pitied.' I hope for more. Pathetic and egocentric maybe... but perhaps we all have just a little hope within us...

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 22:17:05 GMT
Spin says:
DR; "Hope" is no more than the dream of actualising ones life. This life is short, so try to turn your dreams into reality. To hell with arguing with me about moral, religious and political issues...Get out and change the world. Then, and only then, can you end your life in peace and fulfillment regardless of what favours you were promised by politicians, prophets or gods.

Posted on 12 Mar 2012 22:56:29 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 14 Mar 2012 17:54:51 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 23:04:04 GMT
Spin says:
Ryan: And your erudition on topics really swings the bananas of everyone. You are, no doubt, the most erudite person on this forum.

Posted on 12 Mar 2012 23:09:15 GMT
David Rudd says:
Again - you're right about doing good stuff. Maybe I do what I can - and maybe you do to.

I'll continue to put more trust in God (or my vain imaginings if you like) than I would in politicians though... Don't trust any of them!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 23:16:01 GMT
Spin says:
DR: In all honesty, put your faith and trust in anything that makes you a better person and enhances your life and the life of those you love. It is your life, and the lives of your loved ones that matter, not purile posts on an anonymous thread. ><((((>. =)

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2012 06:43:09 GMT
C. A. Small says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2012 11:46:28 GMT
Jim Guest says:
If babies turn into typical posters here, it doesn't seem such a bad idea.

Posted on 13 Mar 2012 16:46:12 GMT
David Rudd says:
CAS: I don't know anything about a deity who drowns babies. Could you help me out by telling me what you mean?

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2012 16:58:46 GMT
Jim Guest says:

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2012 16:59:43 GMT
C. A. Small says:
Have you heard of the Noah flood myth?

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2012 17:29:09 GMT
Jim Guest says:
:D

What a pathetic shambles.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the religion discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
158 3 days ago
Gay habits and God. Smokers and the devil. 313 2 minutes ago
How do Christians decide which rules in the bible should be obeyed? 112 10 minutes ago
Book (Snapping of the American Mind) shows Harvard tests showing parental neglect causes homosexuality 916 16 minutes ago
Why is this Forum so full of.... 6 28 minutes ago
Why are atheists without theism, which is to say why are atheists, atheists? 56 2 hours ago
God, Jesus and Skynet. 0 2 hours ago
if you don't like and don't believe in religion nobody says you are religiousphobic. So where did the liberal myth of Islamaphobia come from. 12 11 hours ago
The Power of Prayer. 2056 14 hours ago
A Syrian refugee with a criminal past and a history of assaults in Germany has today killed a woman with a machete. Come here, come to us said Merkel. She MUST STAND DOWN NOW. 29 22 hours ago
The thread for all religion bashing homosexuals to come OUT on. You know you want to, George Michael never looked behind him when he came out. 23 23 hours ago
The Virgin Mary. Mother of a God. the Epitome of Female purity and devotion to the Male 0 1 day ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  religion discussion forum
Participants:  85
Total posts:  3232
Initial post:  8 Mar 2012
Latest post:  27 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions