Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 48 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Dec 2013, 21:18:41 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 3 Dec 2013, 02:00:27 GMT
Spin says:
A person should not be under any pressure to publicly declare their sexuality. By making a statement on Twitter, Daley is conforming to bigoted, prejudicial expectations. I cannot see of what relevance his sexuality is to his career or to society in general. Only if one considers ones behaviour to be "questionable" in some way or at least open to question, does one attempt to beat the media headlines...In 2013 there should be no need, or demand, for so-called "coming out"...

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2013, 05:44:14 GMT
....Tom is a role model for those who feel oppressed ...

Posted on 3 Dec 2013, 08:21:46 GMT
easytiger says:
Well there's a surprise, eh?

Posted on 3 Dec 2013, 09:23:04 GMT
Bearman says:
What Tom has done is to cut the throat of the rumour mill and get it all out in the open, so that when the next Olympics comes along, the news will be about his diving performance and not insidious rumours about his sexuality. Seems like a sensible move to me. Its also quite brave considering how few athletes have come out - and never forget what happened to Justin Fashanu.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2013, 11:55:33 GMT
Shrek says:
...in North Korea?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2013, 11:57:11 GMT
Shrek says:
...Tom is a role model for those who feel they want to be synchronised divers...

Posted on 3 Dec 2013, 12:15:35 GMT
Shrek says:
When Gareth Thomas announced that he was homosexual, someone by the Moniker Krystov posted on a rugby forum, 'in my village we bazooka his stomach out'.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2013, 13:07:58 GMT
Shrek says:
Things have changed, now you only get bullied for being ginger.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2013, 13:24:22 GMT
Bearman says:
I don't mind gingers, so long as they keep their hair covered, and don't flaunt it in public. I just don't want to have it thrust down my throat. And all those ginger parades are OTT. They seem to be all over the media too - gingers presenting TV shows and the like. I don't mind what colour their hair is, so long as they keep it behind closed doors. And of course it can be cured - a bottle of dye will do the trick......

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2013, 15:14:33 GMT
Withnail says:
I am not a gingaphobe but...

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2013, 15:21:39 GMT
Dan Fante says:
I agree, and some of my best friends are gingers.

Posted on 3 Dec 2013, 15:24:05 GMT
Bearman says:
It's a lifestyle choice you know.........

Posted on 3 Dec 2013, 15:28:24 GMT
easytiger says:
He's shot himself in the foot. The judges will be expecting a better diving technique now he has wings.

Posted on 3 Dec 2013, 15:38:30 GMT
So do any of you have a different view of female gingers to male gingers? Also then, female gays and male gays? A lot of people seem to see them as different.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2013, 15:42:04 GMT
Shrek says:
Being ginger, homosexual, straight, swinging, black, white or what?

Anyway that's news, I had come to understand that you were born like it.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2013, 15:45:44 GMT
Dan Fante says:
That's just post-60s, western, neo-Darwinist "liberal" propaganda.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2013, 15:45:45 GMT
Shrek says:
I'm not keen on that Rebekah Brooks, but Boris Becker's a laugh, can't stand Chris Evans.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2013, 15:50:36 GMT
Shrek says:
Gomsy has said that 'unnatural practices' can be 'cured' with NLP.

A bazooka in the stomach works every time.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2013, 15:52:21 GMT
That sounds fair.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2013, 15:53:38 GMT
Shrek says:
Male gays are male. Female gays are female.

Posted on 3 Dec 2013, 15:55:46 GMT
Dan Fante says:
Boris Becker had to go blond to gain acceptance.

Posted on 3 Dec 2013, 15:55:54 GMT
Let me see, I used to like Sandi Toksvig but she's not been around too much recently. Actually I can't think that I don't like homosexuals. They seem to be particularly appealing in a lot of ways, but then a lot of them are in entertainment, so they are good at being liked and likeable. Craig on Strictly is breaking with that by not trying to be nice, and why should he be, it has nothing to do with anything else.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2013, 15:57:19 GMT
I mean some people seem to make some kind of different moral judgment.

Posted on 3 Dec 2013, 16:00:13 GMT
Historically male homosexuality was treated much more harshly. In D.H. Lawrence's The Rainbow the heroine engages in an intimate relationship with an older woman and her family rather ignore it, but are much more concerned when she starts a daliance with an unreliable young man. This was really just logic as unmarried pregnancy in those days was a huge problem for a girl and her family.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the politics discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Man made global warming computer models 25 6 minutes ago
JC's Labour to win the next GE 12 40 minutes ago
The beginning of the end for Uber? 55 53 minutes ago
Mark Twain said of adjectives, “if you meet one, kill it.” 6 1 hour ago
Why do we need firmly bosomed girls standing behind boxers...smiling...? 22 1 hour ago
Great news... 0 2 hours ago
Will the North Korean people be able to deal with Trump banning them from his wonderful country? 0 2 hours ago
Victory for the poppy police. 0 3 hours ago
Is it getting worse or is it just the idiots imagination? 0 6 hours ago
How will we do it? 0 7 hours ago
One of our strongest delusions is that negative emotions are produced by circumstances, rather than realising that the causes are inside us. 5 10 hours ago
Prepare to defend the DPRK and the world from the mad man... 54 11 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  politics discussion forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  2 Dec 2013
Latest post:  4 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.