Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > politics discussion forum

david cameron promised not to attack invalids workwise

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 38 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Nov 2012, 14:46:11 GMT
Stu says:
stuart t from nottingham says i have been off work for 19years now because of my invalidity and take approx 5000 tablets per year because of my problems and have 3 epeleptic siezures per week too one of which is probably a grand mal in those which i urinate myself yet i have just been given a p45 and have an appointment to see the man that has been allocated me to get me into work

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 15:24:04 GMT
Spin says:
Mr: I suffer grand mal and petite mal epilepsy and have received a letter to attend a "job" interview. I eagerly await to hear what jobs are on offer for a person who loses consciousness on a regular basis. and I am intrigued to find out what employer is willing to pay wages and insurance for someone who, in the workplace would present a danger to himself and others and spends most of the time either in hospital (due to physical injury) or recovering in his bed. I truly am looking forward to this "interview". =)

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 15:54:48 GMT
The fount says...my nikky nakkoes have been upsetting my tonsletittoes....causing movebriation of the falanax.....aarrgggg!

Posted on 26 Nov 2012, 16:02:30 GMT
Spin says:
Capitalists care not for ability or disaility. They see us as a labur force and any labour, no matter how small or inconsequential, must be resourced to ensure profit. You are no importance to the profit of the wealthy.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 17:09:20 GMT
Stu says:
hi spin exactly only this week-end just gone i had 2 grand mal siezures that left me unconcious from when i went to sleep on friday night until sunday also i am afraid doing the usual things that epeleptics do during a grand mal siezure yet they expect me to work having got my p45 but i think they want you to start working from home packing envelopes

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 17:25:14 GMT
There isn't enough work available for able bodied people Mr Torr.
The aim of this government is to transfer everyone onto Universal Credit which means there will no longer be disability benefits and a differential between those too sick or disabled to work and those who actually can.
Eventually all will be deemed fit to work even if it means a paraplegic can lick stamps for a living and thus we will advance into the 21st century going backwards to Victorian values concerning the disabled and sick instead of forwards.

Posted on 26 Nov 2012, 17:33:42 GMT
Stu says:
simon exactly ive spoken already to the guy who i have the meeting with on wednesday and you can tell from the conversation that because he has been allocated me to employ me he is going to succeed hesounds a capitalist whatsit from the off but i am taking somebody with me i hope to be a witness as a main thing because they wont give me a social worker

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 17:42:49 GMT
Spin says:
Mr. Indeed. When the new "universal benefit" was introduced I was called to an "assessment". I waited 45 minutes to be seen. I entered the office and found out that I was being interviewed by a "nurse" who had spent the last 45 minutes reading my application. She knew sweet FA about epilepsy and when I declared that I was physical fit, she was surprised. She actually saifd; "You admit you are physically fit". I replied "yes, of course, I am an epileptic not a cripple". These folk have no bloody idea...But I look forward to putting them in thier place...=)

Posted on 26 Nov 2012, 18:13:59 GMT
Can you not work from home doing general admin, typing stuff? If they are suggesting you actually leave the house and go to work they are being ridiculous.

Brian, I'm in the north east, more jobs here than people and anyone who says they live in newcastle and cant find a job is either lying, cherry picking or not looking hard enough. Since the age of 16, I have spent all of 2 weeks on jobseekers and even then it was to carry me over to my next contract start. I didn't go to uni or any further education, I am now 23 and have just been promoted for the second time in a month. It is possible, it just requires a 'can-do' attitude which many people simply do not have.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 18:16:21 GMT
Popcorn what are those jobs paying in the NE and more importantly what are you being paid?
I read not long back that you had gone self employed what happened to that?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 18:21:31 GMT
Stu says:
brian when ive just read what you have written forgive me for only just reading it but i have to take breaks away from pc but a shiver went down my spine and a tear came to my eye because you are exactly right and that sent a pain to my heart but while there is nice folk around like yourself we wont let it happen will we

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 18:23:32 GMT
Spin says:
psn: how does an epileptic contribute to the profit of those paying his wage and insurance by being unconscious most of the time allocated to labour? To be a valuable member of a workforce one must remain conscious, not endanger anyone and show up every day. If an epileptic is employed to do any work, is the employer willing to pay wages for work not finished, insurance for hospital bills etc? No. I habe gad quite a few jobs of all sorts in my time and as soon as I had an atack at work both the attitude of ny "workmates" and employers changed. I used to lie on my applications just to get work. Of course I am mentally and physically fit. But by lying I gave those prejudice idiots a reason not to oblige the contract. So I was honest after that. I'll let you guess how equality and justice in society benefits the disabled...

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 18:32:12 GMT
They are low wages, but you have to start somewhere. My self employed venture is still a work in progress, I want to make sure I'm going to suceed before I dedicate myself to it and me and my business partner are not at that point yet. I'm currently on little more than 12k (after tax), but have just been upped to 16K + bonus and comis, so around 21k after all benefits. I have worked my back side off to get where I am though and would not be here if I didn't.

So yes, the wages are bad up here BUT the cost of living is low compared to everywhere else so it's not all bad. Jobs are pretty crappy too, call centres and sales jobs are booming up here but to be fair, thats how I got to where I am now.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 18:34:55 GMT
I would never recommend you physically going to work, but what about working from home? Is there much scope for that? (I'm not saying you should have a job etc, I am aware of your condition). I just couldn't imagine a life without work.... man thats pretty sad isnt it....

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 18:37:13 GMT
Dan Fante says:
Maybe the job is as a Member of Parliament.

Posted on 26 Nov 2012, 18:39:54 GMT
Stu says:
well i say popcorn wonder what job you do that has contracts you must inform us? general admin typing stuff a typewriter would put one more item in my way for when i have a fit to injure myself on and what is licking stamps if not general admin can tell you voted this lot in

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 18:44:04 GMT
Spin says:
psn; Really? you would not demand I physically work? So explain to me what "mental" work is..(unless you require epileptics to be philosophers or theoretical physicians) =0

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 18:44:57 GMT
Spin says:
Dan: are you insulting politicians or epileptics?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 18:46:06 GMT
I dont vote, at all, complete waste of my time and effort.
I never said do the job, obviously, depending entirely on severity, there are tasks that you could do. Even if it was to help run a support centre for others with similar conditions perhaps?

What annoys me though is those who claim benefits for 'depression' or 'anxiety' when there is clearly eff al wrong with them. It boils my very urine and detracts from those who SHOULD be on benefits through genuine disability, like yourself and spin.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 18:47:12 GMT
Stu says:
hi dan sounds a perfect job to me then when i have my grand mals i can pee over the conservatives eh?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 18:48:12 GMT
Obviously not if you are putting your helath at risk. What environment works for you? People make money from just about anything from designing and making clothing to.. well you name it. Would you not like to be given an oppurtunity to try something new and maybe even make a bit money while your on?

Posted on 26 Nov 2012, 18:52:59 GMT
Stu says:
and i bet you like myself know enough of those people who cllaim for anxiety and depression when they just need the tabs off their gp

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 18:53:49 GMT
Spin says:
psn; Don't ask me. It is the government you voted for that is making up the law. Just wait until these laws affect you personally. Then, and only then, will you understand the gravity of the situation... Not long now, believe me..

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 19:01:05 GMT
LOL exactly, benefits for their tabs and drink, we pay to make them worse - irony is not the word. Seriously though, I'm not one of these SS types who think everyone who can breathe can work, I just think the truly disabled people get a crappy deal whilst some 'untoward' abled bodied exploit the system at mine and your expense.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012, 19:01:45 GMT
As stated above Spin, I don't vote. Never have, never will.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the politics discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What kind of monsters would attack children and teens? 64 1 hour ago
In other news today. 1334 1 hour ago
How do these changes happen? 28 1 hour ago
The Wedding: Who? Papers and TV are full of pictures 20 1 hour ago
Buying cars on credit 66 10 hours ago
Is Sport News? 4432 10 hours ago
Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. The sea, our primary food source, will thank us. 73 11 hours ago
The Church of England needs to get back into the mainstream of society--Bible is largely scientifically accurate (water is older than the Sun like Genesis said) 95 11 hours ago
TV programme tonight about the Rotherham child abuse scandal 100 21 hours ago
Would you obey or defy a Trump edict? 69 1 day ago
The Conservative Manifesto; The return of the Nasty Party 59 1 day ago
Should England leave, or attempt to leave, the EU? 1844 2 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  politics discussion forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  26 Nov 2012
Latest post:  28 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer