Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Discover more Shop now
Customer Discussions > politics discussion forum

Stop Britain being used as a Launchpad for Killer Drones.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 265 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 13:03:39 BDT
Not only is FGM illegal here, but taking a girl/woman overseas or aiding others in either is also illegal. Doesn't stop people doing it though ...
France has quite a good stance on it - mother and child clinics where the child has medical inspections up until 6 where the doctor/nurse also checks for mutiliation, after that it goes to school medics, sentences of up to 13 years are handed to anyone found guilty in carrying it out, sending their relatives overseas to have it done, or helping someone else in sending their relatives for the procedure, they also have reconstruction clinics where the genitalia are reformed for free.
According to a French activist, people go from France to the UK for the procedure, despite it being illegal, because our police et al don't care enough about stopping it or imposing criminal convictions/fines, because we're too worried about upsetting cultural minorities when our priority should be to protecting children.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 13:04:42 BDT
Charlieost says:
Yes Margaret. I totally agree. We should keep our big noses out. We should find alternatives to fossil fuels and leave them to evolve and beat the crap out of each other or whatever they need to do to get past this Medieval point in which many of them are stuck. I do not care if it is Saudi Arabia or the Yemen. Build a wall of steel around them and keep them isolated from the modern world where women can drive cars and achieve education and be part of and influence the political system.

Let them wail from their towers and stick their arses in the air five times a day until like us they get sick of it a poke religion back into the hole in which it belongs.

I live in a country which is still emerging from the horrors inflicted by Catholicism. The last thing that I want to see is another retarded religion being exported into our world to repress and supress and inhibit our growth as a knowledge seeking society. It is bad enough seeing the Tory party turning back the clock without allowing these fundemental nutters of God getting a chance to turn it back by centuries.

Yep. If they stick their heads up into our world bringing discord and spreading mayhem. Splat em. Cx

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 13:22:42 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Apr 2013 15:56:53 BDT
Charlieost says:
What would I do in their shoes Margaret? Well first of all I would stop wasting time and money chucking rockets across the border into Israel. All that serves to do is irritate them and give the right wing in Israel an enemy and the means to stay in power. Then I would enact legislation that gives women equal rights with men. I would restrict the power of the church or mosqe to births, weddings and funerals and those who want to study that old garbage they call holy is welcome to do so unless they start trying to force their opinions on others.

Now this is where it gets really exciting. I would put a huge focus on education and forge strong links with educational establishments around the world. Particularly concentrating on the new technology. Everyone gets their own solar power kit, no more blackouts or dependency on others for the lecky. Food growing, irrigation, wells, polly tunnels. Independence. Sex education. Pride.

See. There are alternatives to following that retarded religion and the idiot with the Kalashnakov. Instead it sems to be going the opposite way particularly with the new Egypt. Swap a dictatorship for a bunch of religious nutters. Great choice.

Why not think outside the box Margaret instead of confining yourself to right on opinions. I read the Guardian as well you know. Cx

Posted on 2 Apr 2013 13:29:29 BDT
Funnily enough when I was in Egypt we were talking to the tour guide and he had these big ideas on what it was going to be like after revolution. His main pain with the current government was that they were corrupt and he wasn't having any of it that all governments are corrupt, then he went on to the tax they pay and wasn't impressed when told that we pay 20% vat and hefty tax on pay as well.
Warned him that after the revolution it was likely a radical Muslim would step into power and then it'd be byebye life as you know it, byebye freedoms you have, byebye to tourists who won't want to come anymore when he really gets into full swing on making Egypt an Islamic state and hello to reverting back a couple of centuries. Wonder what he's thinking now when he was so sure it wasn't going to be that way. It's already begun ...

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 14:04:18 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Apr 2013 14:05:13 BDT
Pipkin says:
R & R,
I really don't know anything about circumsision, except that it was designed 'in bible times' to keep the penis from getting infected by bacteria down the foreskin. :+()
In today's enlightned times, when people know how to keep clean and avoid infection, I personally can't see the need for it.
Now female circumsision is a completely different kettle of fish, and I just wish I could wave a wand and stop it completely. But things are slowly changing...the women whose custom it was/is are beginning to talk to one another (I heard them discussing it in the Yemeni Centre a couple of times) - they are raising conciousness and awareness - which is what I try to do everyday of my life, about everything.
I might be old and infirm but I can still shake a stick - so to speak. :) And I still look like a younger version of Anne Margaret as she is now... or so I'm told.
Mxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted on 2 Apr 2013 14:07:58 BDT
easytiger says:
Female mutilation, and that is what it is, is a fact of life amongst all muslim women. From Pakistan to Somalia to Mauritania to Nigeria. The clitoris and the labia are removed, sometimes with a scalpel but a lot of the time with a broken piece of glass. The sign that a woman has been cut is the face-veil. Women in Iran, which used to be a modern state until the reurn of the Ayatollah in 1979(sheltered incidentally for years in France), refuse to wear the veil as a lot of them are not cut and see veil wearing as a surrender path to enforced mutilation. The Kabili women in Algeria, muslim, but the original berber indigenous population, also refuse point blank to wear the veil as they remain proudly uncut. Basically, if your kid's muslim friend goes back to wherever during the holidays and on return starts wearing a veil you should have a pretty good idea what has happened. These girls are also cut in the UK, more particularly among Somalis. Sorry but I can see no place for this in a western society.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 14:08:14 BDT
Pipkin says:
Hi V,
So France can do some things right then :) Only kidding. Good on em, I hope we follow their lead.
I don't know about it happening here? Have you a link? thanx.
Mx

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 14:12:39 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 2 Apr 2013 14:33:47 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 14:20:29 BDT
easytiger says:
Yeh? Where? When? The silence is deafening. In all my time at the mosque, after the headbanging, I never heard anything but how to make England an islamic society.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 14:28:23 BDT
Pipkin says:
>Well first of all I would stop wasting time and money chucking rockets across the border into Israel.<
https://avoicefrompalestine.wordpress.com/
Two sides to every story.. unfortunately we only ever are allowed to know the Zionist propaganda.

> I would put a huge focus on education and forge strong links with educational establishments around the world. Particularly concentrating on the new technology. Everyone gets their own solar power kit, no more blackouts or dependency on others for the lecky. Food growing, irrigation, wells, polly tunnels. Independence. Sex education. Pride.<
Er,, wasn't this what Gadaffi did? And the coalition forces desimated?
''What you didn't know about Gaddaffi''
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF6DdfZ8u1s

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 14:34:35 BDT
Pipkin says:
Is that why Baroness Warsi said on Question Time that there is no room in this country for Fundamentalist Muslims? Then added that the self ordained 'Muslim Council' do not speak for moderate Muslims... To which the whole audience of mainly Muslims clapped....
But lets ignore that and concentrate on the few who are crackpots.
The red under the bed.

Posted on 2 Apr 2013 14:41:48 BDT
easytiger says:
Well that makes 7/7 alright then? Glad about that. All other foiled bomb plots are all ok because a room full of muslims gave Warsi a clap? I like it-wish all life were so simple. About 30 yrs ago, upon landing at Dhahran airport, the pilot announced "Welcome to the 16th century" and was reported and arrested. That's sharia law for you: even get banged up for telling the truth.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 16:04:32 BDT
Charlieost says:
Hi Margaret. Destabalising Islamic dictatorships leads to Islamic fundementalist states. It is about time those in power realised this unless of course they do already and it is part of a longer game (please do not give me a link here because I will not watch it).

As a second point. Most of the time the Guardian prints Palestinian propaganda so I think that I get plenty of that side of the story.

Yes lets us as you suggest, ignore the moderate Muslims and concentrate on the crackpots. And drones are the perfect weapon to concentrate on them with. Boom Splat !!! Cx

Posted on 2 Apr 2013 16:12:27 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Apr 2013 16:14:46 BDT
i'm not the slightest bit bothered or even worried about muslim terrorist. they have got to be the most stupidest of all terror groups over the years. forever getting caught in the process of some over elaborate bomb making scheme. jesus christ!!!! car bomb , or bomb with timer or anything but the stupid schemes they come up with . its like watching dick dastardly or wily coyote. absolutely clueless about how to conduct a bombing campaign. the I R A could teach them a thing or two.

since 9/11 , over 10 years ago all they've done is blow up tube trains. not very succesfull in my opinion. they should just be laughed at.

even i know how to converse with someone on the internet without the powers that be noticing ....its so easy.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 18:05:55 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Apr 2013 18:07:06 BDT
Pipkin says:
>even i know how to converse with someone on the internet without the powers that be noticing ....its so easy.<
Wow... I wish I knew how to.......
Though I do agree that Muslim Fundamentalist are morons, as are all fundamentalist!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 18:08:35 BDT
(M)e(L) says:
What, even Conspiraloon fundamentalists?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 18:12:12 BDT
Pipkin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 19:15:37 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Apr 2013 21:25:02 BDT
set up another email acc. give your friend in where ever the password and email addy.

you write a letter on the same account, but heres the clever part........dont send.

your friend types in password to same account , reads letter. deletes it and writes a reply. you log on . read it and delete it. as it hasnt been sent , it cant be monitored.

SIMPLES!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 19:55:15 BDT
Pipkin says:
duh???

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 21:04:49 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 3 Apr 2013 06:25:48 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2013 10:06:24 BDT
Dan Fante says:
Wouldn't it have to be saved in drafts somewhere for that to work? Therefore wouldn't it have to be held on a database. Also, if you send the password it could be picked up too. Unless you only met them in person, in which case the electronic communication isn't necessary in the first place.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2013 11:07:08 BDT
it only gets picked up if its sent. you dont have to hold it as a draft. do you think as soon as you type its traceable? it can only be traced when its sent . you just type but dont send. re the password. that can be sent by mobile , but whos going to know " scotty gog" for example is a password for something.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2013 11:14:36 BDT
Dan Fante says:
No, I don't think that as soon as you type it it's traceable. That's not what I was saying. I realise that's not the case. So, I assume this means you have to stay logged on and the other person then has to log on? Yes. You then have to text them via a mobile (this is electronic communication). If you were already being monitored then the people monitoring you could presumably gain access to any messages sent by mobile too, yes? Am I missing anything?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2013 13:52:48 BDT
dan. while driving and thinking about what you had said ,i realised that it would have to be saved in a draft and so you were probably right. then i thought if you were both logged on at the same time , would you be able to see what the other person is writing and then communicate that way?

if you could then maybe that might work.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2013 13:57:48 BDT
Dan Fante says:
I don't think that would work. I'm no expert but I don't think a person on another PC would be able to see what you'd written until it was saved to drafts when I think about it (because it's only on your PC rather than held by the account). You could try it I suppose.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the politics discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Francois Hollande Says Brexit Talks Must End By 2019 46 4 minutes ago
What issues should May's current "brainstorming session" on Brexit address? 24 4 minutes ago
Bin bag beachwear exonerated as baps go back undercover. 94 8 minutes ago
Is Sport News? 2435 2 hours ago
Albums 35 2 hours ago
Farage is in the US supporting Trump. Jiognson is now a very quiet and obedient slave to May. And Gove has disappeared... ... 38 4 hours ago
How to keep our senior public employees in line 6 4 hours ago
Nationalisation... Its the name of the game.... 63 4 hours ago
Leftout's mother was a HO 73 4 hours ago
A true thinker/hero...more please... 13 4 hours ago
UK will never leave the EU, claims legal 'expert' 59 5 hours ago
Favorite film quotes. (you can tell a lot about a person by the quotes that impress him). 49 6 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  politics discussion forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  265
Initial post:  29 Mar 2013
Latest post:  13 May 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions