Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > politics discussion forum

The Boston Marathon Bombings

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-114 of 114 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2013, 22:24:31 BST
Garscadden says:
The other interesting case was the cannibal in Germany, who advertised for someone to be eaten. Some guy volunteered, and hey ho, cannibal frenzy. (Armin Meiwes)

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2013, 04:08:26 BST
light says:
"What's this, Minority Report - be arrested before you commit a crime. Seems a bit of a joke."

That's not what I said, Read it again so that you understand it before making a comment:

I said, "people have talked about getting away with robbing banks and have then been arrested,"

See, people talked about it on youtube after they committed the crime then they were arrested. So it's not as funny as you seem to think it is, I don't understand why you are making a circus out of criminal situations,

"Funnily enough Light, I saw a different uncle speaking on TV and he said that he did not think the boys had done it - nowhere did he say they had shamed the family, nor did he ask for forgiveness from anyone."

Again Kodokushi, this is not all that funny! Read something from a real news report:

"(CNN) -- Ruslan Tsarni angrily condemned the alleged actions of his two nephews -- the two brothers suspected in the Boston Marathon bombings -- and after calling the bombers "losers," the uncle urged the surviving nephew to turn himself in immediately.

"If you're alive, turn yourself in and ask for forgiveness from the victims," Tsarni said in front of reporters in a news conference outside his Montgomery County, Maryland, home.
Hours later, Dzhokar Tsarnaev, 19, was captured in Watertown, Massachusetts. His brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, died after an overnight shootout with police.

The brothers come from an ethnic Chechen Muslim family, and Tsarni said the two nephews brought shame to his brother's family. The nephews are sons of Tsarni's brother, and Tsarni last saw his nephews in December 2005.

"You put a shame on our entire family -- the Tsarnaev family -- and you put a shame on the entire Chechen ethnicity," Tsarni said.
When asked what provoked the bombing suspects, the uncle stated: "Being losers, hatred to those who were able to settle themselves -- these are the only reasons I can imagine.
"Anything else, anything else to do with religion, with Islam, is a fraud, is a fake," Tsarni said."

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2013, 04:31:11 BST
Last edited by the author on 25 Apr 2013, 04:33:39 BST
light says:
Hi Mx,

"But I am also aware that this will work against the ordinary law abiding citizen because there are those who are trying to push through bills to have everything about us monitired, regardless; and to have those who would disagree with Governments and speak out against injustices - arrested and incarcerated."

I agree, things start off for the good but then they tend to get abused.

"Big Brother is definitely on the horizon and who will stop it?"

No one can stop it.

I'm not going to visit this thread again, I'm fed up with Kodokushi's attitude of making this all a joke. It's not funny and nothing to mock or joke about, I didn't think it was funny when London was bombed in 2005. I thought it was terrible, it didn't matter who did the bombing it was a terrible thing. I didn't automatically think that the attack was deserved.

Bombings and all terrorist attacks done by anyone is sickening!

take care light

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2013, 06:54:19 BST
I never understood how it was a crime when he'd volunteered.
I know it still is because killing people and eating them is illegal, but as he was up for it I don't know what the big deal was. They're both just strange !!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2013, 06:57:20 BST
Last edited by the author on 25 Apr 2013, 06:59:12 BST
You know funny doesn't only mean ha ha funny right ...?
Funnily enough doesn't automatically mean humour - it means 'Oh strange coincidence, you talk about this and then I see the similar thing at the same time I read your comment.'
A real news report ? Maybe you should try, not everyone in their family thinks they did it. And why did you just repeat what you'd said in the previous comment - pointless.

hahaha to the uncle...
'And why did you turn to bombing son'
'I have no idea really. Must be because I'm a loser'

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2013, 06:58:27 BST
Last edited by the author on 25 Apr 2013, 09:12:12 BST
"I'm fed up with Kodokushi's attitude of making this all a joke. It's not funny and nothing to mock or joke about"

I guess you're a stranger to comprehension then. Or maybe you should expand your vocabulary.

I didn't say this event was:
a) a joke
b) funny
c) something to mock
d) not a terrible thing
e) deserved
f) all of the above

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2013, 08:38:20 BST
Garscadden says:
I think the big issue was that it wasn't a crime - turns out eating someone in an of itself isn't a crime in Germany. I'm afraid I didn't follow the court case, and don't know the final outcome.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2013, 08:44:18 BST
hah yeh I guess it's one of those things - I can't imagine when the laws were made anyone had the foresight to consider

'Maybe we should make eating each other illegal'
'Seriously Franz, who wants to eat each other ?'
'You never know ...'
'Pfft I'm not signing up to that nonsense, go and have another jaeger and come back when you're not full of crazy'

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2013, 09:04:02 BST
Well, assisted suicide is illegal in most countries, so the fact that the person killed consented is arguably by-the-by.

Of course, some versions of liberalism, taken to their logical conclusions, would agree with you that if someone consents to be killed, then killing them is not a crime, but most legal systems are not based on such a philosophy.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2013, 09:10:07 BST
Last edited by the author on 25 Apr 2013, 09:14:34 BST
Pipkin says:
Hya E.
I agree that all terrorist attacks are truly sickening, regardless of who does it. There is absolutely no reason on earth... for anyone to want to kill or maim innocent people.
There has to be a better way of working out grievances and differences?
But I still believe that some people can be coerced; blackmailed; set up.....
What did you make of Denis Rodman being an FBI informant? Was that before he went to North Korea? Just shows you... people you would least likely suspect? I cannot bare that man or anything he stands for, with his foul mouth and mysogenistic ways.
Talk later?
Peace and love Mxxx

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2013, 02:23:51 BST
Jango says:
Hi there Margaret,

just found a yt. vid' that may be of interest to you. It certainly lends credence to the "False Flag" thesis that's being talked about on the internet.
No doubt, many on here will say it's been photo shopped or something daft along those lines.
I think it's still early days yet. More photographic evidence will be forthcoming, I'm sure of that.
mostly from mobile phone cameras, taken by the public.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjocGidSLJw

Look! Proof That Craft or Blackwater Agents did The Boston Marathon Bombing Event!

Posted on 29 Apr 2013, 23:24:46 BST
Spin says:
God works in mysterious ways. America needs a kick up the arse. It refuses to listen to others, so it attracts violent opposition. Its wars are of its own making.

Posted on 30 Apr 2013, 00:10:54 BST
Spin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 5 Aug 2014, 21:33:12 BST
Spin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the politics discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Man made global warming computer models 25 6 minutes ago
JC's Labour to win the next GE 12 40 minutes ago
The beginning of the end for Uber? 55 53 minutes ago
Mark Twain said of adjectives, “if you meet one, kill it.” 6 1 hour ago
Why do we need firmly bosomed girls standing behind boxers...smiling...? 22 1 hour ago
Great news... 0 2 hours ago
Will the North Korean people be able to deal with Trump banning them from his wonderful country? 0 2 hours ago
Victory for the poppy police. 0 3 hours ago
Is it getting worse or is it just the idiots imagination? 0 6 hours ago
How will we do it? 0 7 hours ago
One of our strongest delusions is that negative emotions are produced by circumstances, rather than realising that the causes are inside us. 5 10 hours ago
Prepare to defend the DPRK and the world from the mad man... 54 11 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  politics discussion forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  114
Initial post:  16 Apr 2013
Latest post:  5 Aug 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers