Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > politics discussion forum

Austerity, growth and horses.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 May 2012 16:21:33 BDT
Once a farmer owned a beautiful horse. Many people came from the village to see his horse and said "how lucky you are". "Maybe" said the farmer.

One day the horse escaped because someone left the gate open. The villagers came round and said "oh dear what a calamity"..."maybe" said the farmer.

The next day the horse appeared on the horizon with twenty horses in tow! The farmer now had 20 horses. The villagers came around again.."oh such good luck"..."maybe, maybe"!

The next day the farmer's son went riding on one of the new horses. Whilst riding the horse threw him and broke his leg. The villagers came flocking round "oh how terrible" they chimed..."maybe" said the farmer.

Two days later the King declared war on a neighbouring country and sent out a demand for all young men to go to the battlefront...the farmer's son was excused...

In reply to an earlier post on 9 May 2012 17:44:14 BDT
Simon, That joke's got a rubbish punch line.

A bloke goes to stay at his pal's farm. He shows him round, when they come to the pigs' field they all rush to greet them. One has a wooden leg. 'why does he have a wooden leg?' "Well he's a special pig, one day I was stacking hay and the bails collapsed trapping me. That pig saw and pulled me free. He saved my life." 'Oh so that's how he lost his leg?' "No, one night we were awoken by that same pig throwing himself against the door warning us the house was on fire. He saved the entire family." 'So that's how he lost it.' "No." 'Then how?' "Look mate you don't eat a special pig all in one go"

In reply to an earlier post on 9 May 2012 18:40:10 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 May 2012 20:37:15 BDT
J.Yasimoto says:
Enough with the buddhism examples! Aren't you supposed to use the books as a "raft to help you cross the stream"? Once on the other side, you let it go. So let it go man, let it go.

Unless... perhaps you still aren't on the other side?

In reply to an earlier post on 9 May 2012 18:41:56 BDT
Gordon...please don't confuse logical levels...

In reply to an earlier post on 9 May 2012 18:42:33 BDT
J .......I await your vibrant threads....

In reply to an earlier post on 9 May 2012 18:48:45 BDT
J.Yasimoto says:
Why do you want my golfing clothes?!

In reply to an earlier post on 9 May 2012 19:20:54 BDT
J.....the fount likes to move across the greens...

In reply to an earlier post on 9 May 2012 19:47:35 BDT
Hey Yasimoto , are you any relation of young Ricki 'Yasamoto' Fowler who wears orange robes on tournament days in honour of his Zen Buddhist grandaddy?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the politics discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Welsh traits on show, as would be leader ploughs on, regardless of livestocks objections. 53 10 minutes ago
Merkel tells Germans to stock up on essentials and prepare for the nightmare of mass immigration. 25 11 minutes ago
Owen Smith hammered by John Humphries 10 16 minutes ago
Oh...and by the way...we came second... 46 54 minutes ago
More misplaced excitement... 36 1 hour ago
STOP recycling your household waste now. Put it all in one bin and let the council sort it out. It is THEIR job. That's what WE pay them for. 25 2 hours ago
Remember the Labour Party well and good--- Tony Blair did disarm Gadhafi of much WMD by invading Iraq in 2003 490 10 hours ago
Book (Snapping of the American Mind) shows Harvard tests proving homosexuality is from parental neglect 82 11 hours ago
Why the Labour Party must and will split. 58 13 hours ago
Ukraine celebrates its independence with a military parade... 4 14 hours ago
Thousands of those on incapacity benefits will suddenly be jumping into action and being able to work for a month, a miracle, then it's back on the welfare. Yes the Paralympics are about to start. 7 14 hours ago
Leftout's mother was a HO 59 16 hours ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  politics discussion forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  9 May 2012
Latest post:  9 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions